Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Open Vampire Rp

notimetocare
notimetocare
✭✭✭✭✭
It is well known that vampires are hated by the populace(npc populace) and are generally outcast and/or killed. The exception being the few vampires in power that were mostly unknown. Janis Hasildor, Verandas for example.

How do you all feel about and deal with blatant vampire RPers in areas like taverns, or places where the general populace would know of it?

Example: RP in Koeglin Village last night, vampires openly calling other players their food/cattle.
Edited by notimetocare on October 8, 2015 3:47AM

Open Vampire Rp 55 votes

Not bothered.
54%
Gilvothkazyami_ESOMessy1LisaJitterbugValen_Byteleokafilyeb17_ESOlonewolf26jircris11[Deleted User]SHADOW2KKEmirriiAndrewQ84Cillion3117Black_FlameShadowDiscipleXinz'rNichordiusAronGraybloodOpeline 30 votes
Immersion breaking, but not enough to be a problem.
21%
monkeyman459b14_ESOkayPOWRajajshkaTunjaar59zydrateanatomyKristJandorGuyNamedSeanRAGUNAnoOneJura23DiozaelsCambruin 12 votes
Immersion breaking, I go elsewhere.
7%
TheHumanFloydragnarok6644b14_ESOSengranotimetocare 4 votes
Immersion breaking, hate it and try to correct it.
12%
wdunlap98_ESORDMyers65b14_ESOTRoclodyteMornaBainetheweakmindedDhuBleiddWizard_7 7 votes
Hate it, sont correct it/ignore.
3%
leeuxJorva 2 votes
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tablet won't let me edit: last option is "Hate it, not immersion breaking, but I don't correct/ignore.
  • Peel_Ya_Cap_517
    Peel_Ya_Cap_517
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't see the option for, "You are a freak"
    N64 NA EP
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't see the option for, "You are a freak"

Thank you for the compliment, but your comment isn't very helpful in the end aside from a confidence boost.
  • TRoclodyte
    TRoclodyte
    ✭✭✭
    i chose that option, but it's not always true. When I don't feel like arguing, I just leave. But the fact is that if no one talks, then more and more come and eventually it becomes a vampire tavern.

Not only is it lore-breaking, but I personnaly see it as godmoding, because these players are ignoring that they would be killed on sight. Good old mob with torches and pitch forks anyone?
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not bothered.
    blade-103956.jpg

"You give Frost a message from me. You tell him it's open season on all suckheads."
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • theweakminded
    theweakminded
    ✭✭✭
    TRoclodyte wrote: »
    i chose that option, but it's not always true. When I don't feel like arguing, I just leave. But the fact is that if no one talks, then more and more come and eventually it becomes a vampire tavern.

Not only is it lore-breaking, but I personnaly see it as godmoding, because these players are ignoring that they would be killed on sight. Good old mob with torches and pitch forks anyone?

Well said, its a hard one at times because some people are new, but ya cant just do it over and over when people call you out on it. Basically just forcing people to act out of character and not pay attention to it.
  • Krist
    Krist
    ✭✭✭✭
    Basically I just ignore those "rp" types as I would the OOCers that are all running around. Makes no real difference in the long run. I am okay with people trying to correct it, especially if you feel the person just does not know or understand. However, you will always have those that just do not care. They are "the vampire Lestat de Lioncourt" and want everyone to know it!
    "Krist the Lionheart? No. Lionheart was my dog" -Krist
    "Darling, if looks were everything, I would be king of the world" -Luke
    "That place, between day and night, that purple color just before dark, that is where you will find me"- Hughe
  • Fat-Larry-Makes-All
    Not bothered.
    "and try to correct it" O dear.. I mean immersion is great and all that, but you can't go around telling others how to play their game, in my opinion.

Besides, what's ZOS supposed to do?
    Fat Argonian Cook.
  • TheHumanFloyd
    TheHumanFloyd
    ✭✭✭
    Nice poll!

Personally I don't acknowledge/accept open vampirism/lycanthropy in my own head canon. It's contrary to ES lore and doesn't make any sense whatsoever to me.

That said, if people want to RP that way, I'm not going to stop them. I do think that most of the time they do this because they just don't know the lore though, so I try to inform them of that if they are in my sphere of RP.

The next episode of Scrollplay will actually be all about this topic so you guys should totally check it out :D
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "and try to correct it" O dear.. I mean immersion is great and all that, but you can't go around telling others how to play their game, in my opinion.

Some people are new. If they do lorebreaking stuff they will not get RP as you can tell from some of the other answers here. Why leave them out in the cold?
  • Fat-Larry-Makes-All
    Not bothered.

Some people are new. If they do lorebreaking stuff they will not get RP as you can tell from some of the other answers here. Why leave them out in the cold?

"If they do lorebreaking stuff they will not get RP as you can tell from some of the other answers here"

What do you mean "not get RP"..? Like other people won't want to roleplay with them...?

It's not the roleplaying vampires that are breaking lore, they're supposed to be arrogant. It's the NPC's that fail to react. But that's something ZOS will never be able to properly program.
    Fat Argonian Cook.
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭

"If they do lorebreaking stuff they will not get RP as you can tell from some of the other answers here"

What do you mean "not get RP"..? Like other people won't want to roleplay with them...?

It's not the roleplaying vampires that are breaking lore, they're supposed to be arrogant. It's the NPC's that fail to react. But that's something ZOS will never be able to properly program.

Vampires in TES lore are highly secretive. Their arrogance is never publicly shown. If they don't, they die. As someone else said in the thread, open vamp is borderline godmod because they would be kill on sight.

As to NPCs reacting and attacking vamps, this is an MMO and that would be horribly stupid to make non-RPers deal with RP mechanics.
  • Fat-Larry-Makes-All
    Not bothered.

Vampires in TES lore are highly secretive. Their arrogance is never publicly shown. If they don't, they die. As someone else said in the thread, open vamp is borderline godmod because they would be kill on sight.

As to NPCs reacting and attacking vamps, this is an MMO and that would be horribly stupid to make non-RPers deal with RP mechanics.

Well that makes this whole discussion rather futile doesn't it? We know that there is a certain group of players that have a problem with certain behaviour of another group of players. But we also know that ZOS can't actually do anything because that would be "horribly stupid", as you so eloquently put it.

But I suppose any kind of discussion about the game and it's mechancics is good.
    Fat Argonian Cook.
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As the co-leader of a heavily vampiric guild (which is "publicly" an old Breton noble House) nothing makes me grind my fangs more than people being "open" about being vampires. When I see it I first send a polite whisper explaining why it's wrong, in the hope it's simple ignorance causing the behavior. If they're jerks and/or idiots about it I just put them on ignore and move on.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• Sengra
    Sengra
    ✭✭✭
    I just try to ignore it I guess. If it happens during some kind of event or I'm directly addressed by the char I feel very uncomfortable but can't usually bring myself to ignore other RPers completely. It's a really tough situation because I'm still a beginner in RP and often don't know how to react to these things.

Well that makes this whole discussion rather futile doesn't it? We know that there is a certain group of players that have a problem with certain behaviour of another group of players. But we also know that ZOS can't actually do anything because that would be "horribly stupid", as you so eloquently put it.

But I suppose any kind of discussion about the game and it's mechancics is good.

I don't think anybody wants ZOS to do anything about it. It's an RP problem and has nothing to do with game mechanics anyway.

• Jorva
    Jorva
    ✭✭
    My vote is Immersion Breaking, but Ignore It so I guess I chose the closest thing.

The reason for this is I have some degree of tolerance for ignorance, especially towards newer players. The ignore list exists and is very easy to use. It allows me to continue roleplaying without the spam and whatnot. That's my reasoning for my kind of vote, but my view on open vampire roleplay is different.

Open vampire roleplay can't exactly exist too well in public settings. If together with friends or for a guild roleplay, it might be fine since it's only limited to your circle. However, for the general public, it would be short-lived. The ideal environment (ideal for proper lore immersion) is that vampires are looked down, seen as monsters to the public people, even if they are the good vampire types. It's just first-impressions kind of thing. If you see a Daedroth or of the sort, greeting it with a smile isn't the first thought that comes up in mind for a normal person.

I recommend to refrain these sorts of activities unless your character, for some reason, really intends to get some attention and receive unpleasant reactions. Calling others cattle in public is almost like a declaration of war and a very effective method of getting dogpiled to death. But remember, it's a free world, your character can do a lot of things... Just don't expect the actions to be of without consequences.
    Jorvo Stormwolf
    Ebonheart Pact
    PC Platform
  • Uneed2Stop
    Uneed2Stop
    ✭✭✭
    Not bothered.
    I love it lol. I think it makes it immersive for me. I want to be yelled at by vampires who want me for food, that sounds pretty immersive
  • Reznique
    Reznique
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not bothered.
    Great thread
  • TheHumanFloyd
    TheHumanFloyd
    ✭✭✭
    My buddy Ma1function plays one of the coolest vampires I know, and sticks close to lore in process. Check out his thoughts!

https://youtu.be/P2NZerVevuI?t=5m20s
    Edited by TheHumanFloyd on October 26, 2015 5:53PM
  • Xeven
    Xeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Come say that s*** in Cyrodiil, we'll see who is the lamb and who is the lion. :smile:

Edited by Xeven on October 26, 2015 6:33PM
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My buddy Ma1function plays one of the coolest vampires I know, and sticks close to lore in process. Check out his thoughts!

https://youtu.be/P2NZerVevuI?t=5m20s

I was just about to post this Floyd! LOL

• GuyNamedSean
    GuyNamedSean
    ✭✭✭✭
    I make a strong point to stay fed and only take my helmet off during the first two stages. NPCs have never been too good at recognising vampires in Elder Scrolls and first and second stages were always the safe ones before. If I'm getting blood-starved, the helmet stays on.
    Former Guildmaster of the Legion of Mournhold
    XBL: GuyNamedSean
    PC: GuyNamedSeanPC
  • kayPOW
    kayPOW
    ✭✭✭
    I don't Roleplay (Mostly because I know no-one else who does)

But I do wear a lot to cover my face since I became a Vampire. Each to their own.

Thumbnail_Large.PNG

✨🫖 (This is my old Signature, but I can't bring myself to change it! I'm now mainly PC/EU Templar Khajiit and run the Insani-tea Party Guild.)🫖✨

Lestari / Dunmer / EP / Xbox One - kayPOW / EU
    Dragonknight DPS - Magicka - Vampire // Bite : Available / On Cooldown //
    Guild : [ADMIN] Charitable Crafting Co-op <- Everything is FREE NO CATCH!
    I like to play games and drink tea. I sure love the T.
  • Jorva
    Jorva
    ✭✭
    Oops, wrong thread, haha... Forget what I said.
    Edited by Jorva on October 28, 2015 2:11AM
    Jorvo Stormwolf
    Ebonheart Pact
    PC Platform
  • Vruci
    Vruci
    ✭✭
    Not bothered.
    You do realize that shouldn't break immersion? Heck, go on up and start RPing as a hunter if you dislike it, make a positive outcome of a bad situation! Make new friends! Those vampires are obviously dumb for hanging out in a city, but it's everyone's city!
    I have a god complex. Don't judge. Or do judge. I will thus proceed to smite you.
  • Vruci
    Vruci
    ✭✭
    Not bothered.
    Except for those annoying pesky little nords. It's not their city.
    I have a god complex. Don't judge. Or do judge. I will thus proceed to smite you.
  • zydrateanatomy
    I voted the second, despite playing a vampire as a main. She's pretty open about it too, and walks around as a Stage 4 vamp. That said, I imagine she will actively endeavor to feed before standing around in a tavern so that her affliction is more... subtle.

But my opinion is actually in 'between' the first two options. Largely not bothered, even though I see your logic.
  • Nichordius
    Nichordius
    ✭✭
    Not bothered.
    Try to be a little more skeptical, and a little less intellectual. Yes, this is the dark ages, but anything is possible.
  • AndrewQ84
    AndrewQ84
    ✭✭✭
    Not bothered.
    I have come across this problem a few times. I find it more annoying than immersion breaking. Especially those that lord themselves around. "I am a vampire and can eat whoever I want" and start eating all the npcs in a tavern especially bug me. I feel it has to do with god mode. Since other toons can't really do anything to them (which is why I think there should be dueling in this game) they feel they can do anything they want. My main is a ww, and aside from heightened sense of smell, she does not like to make it known to all that she is a ww. Only her closest friends know. Need to keep it a secret since people and guards would probably go crazy and hunt her down.
    Sa'hira of the Shadows, DC Nightblade and ruins explorer extraordinaire.

"May your day be awesome and full of Bacon!!!"

- Me
  • zydrateanatomy
    AndrewQ84 wrote: »
    I have come across this problem a few times. I find it more annoying than immersion breaking. Especially those that lord themselves around. "I am a vampire and can eat whoever I want" and start eating all the npcs in a tavern especially bug me. I feel it has to do with god mode. Since other toons can't really do anything to them (which is why I think there should be dueling in this game) they feel they can do anything they want. My main is a ww, and aside from heightened sense of smell, she does not like to make it known to all that she is a ww. Only her closest friends know. Need to keep it a secret since people and guards would probably go crazy and hunt her down.

Those kinds of players I barely address anyway.
    I very, very rarely actively put people on ignore lists but that doesn't mean I don't have other ways of waving off stupidity.