Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Dungeon difficulty normal vs Veteran mode

ThretZ-92
ThretZ-92
Apart from veteran mode being a bit more challenging then normal mode what the other difference between a Normal mode veteran scaled dungeon compared to a veteran mode veteran scaled dungeon? More exp? Better loots?
  • The_Boze
    The_Boze
    A lot of good gear drops from vet only. As well as the 2 piece set helms drop only from the last boss in the vet dungeons. Another thing to note is the bosses and mechanics change in the vet dungeons as well.
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    the foes are different and so are the unique items they can drop. You also get different loot and rewards and you can do them for the golden daily pledge.
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
  • Saddiq
    Saddiq
    ✭✭✭
    Hehe, funny that no one mentioned that they're entirely different quests and stories that just take place in the same (mostly) environments.

Not that most people even notice, since we all plow through them without any notice.

You also get a 'free' skill point for completing the normal version, and another one for the vet version.

They also have unique achievements tied to them (esp the veteran ones).

And only half (or so) of the dungeons even have veteran versions. It's a little confusing b/c the group finder lets you turn a normal dungeon into a 'veteran version' even when no veteran version exists. Scaling to veteran level is different from a 'true veteran version'.
    Edited by Saddiq on August 12, 2015 3:46PM
  • nordsavage
    nordsavage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Veteran dungeons are a continuation of the story from the normal version.
    I didn't choose tank life, tank life chose me.
  • failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are 2 kinds of group dungeons. One is normal group dungeons, the other is veteran group dungeons. The normal group dungeons can be scaled between their minimum dungeon level to v12, the veteran dungeons can not be scaled below v1 and non-veterans can not access them at all. Veteran City of Ash can not be scaled at all, it is only v14 for some reason ...

You can still complete a normal pledge scaled to level 10, the loot from the silver and bronze key will scale to your chars level.

With few exceptions the loot is mainly bad, however if you scale it to level 45-v12´then veterans can loot from them. That means they get many blue and purple items they can deconstruct and lvl a new char up in crafting fast and sell the tempers they get from the deconstruction.

The xp is really bad in group dungeons. It adds up if you do them all day long, but grinding half an hour can surpass 4-5 group dungeon runs.

The goldkey/ veteran pledge have the chance to drop an undaunted shoulderpiece, The heads of those sets are farmed from the endbosses inside the veteran version of the dungeons. You will not get the headpiece if you farm the normal version of the dungeon, even if you scale it to v12.
  • Samphaa
    Samphaa
    ✭✭✭
    There are 2 kinds of group dungeons. One is normal group dungeons, the other is veteran group dungeons. The normal group dungeons can be scaled between their minimum dungeon level to v12, the veteran dungeons can not be scaled below v1 and non-veterans can not access them at all. Veteran City of Ash can not be scaled at all, it is only v14 for some reason ...

You can still complete a normal pledge scaled to level 10, the loot from the silver and bronze key will scale to your chars level.

With few exceptions the loot is mainly bad, however if you scale it to level 45-v12´then veterans can loot from them. That means they get many blue and purple items they can deconstruct and lvl a new char up in crafting fast and sell the tempers they get from the deconstruction.

The xp is really bad in group dungeons. It adds up if you do them all day long, but grinding half an hour can surpass 4-5 group dungeon runs.

The goldkey/ veteran pledge have the chance to drop an undaunted shoulderpiece, The heads of those sets are farmed from the endbosses inside the veteran version of the dungeons. You will not get the headpiece if you farm the normal version of the dungeon, even if you scale it to v12.

Is what you say about city of ash being stuck at VR14 still true? I'm sure you noticed, but it was the undaunted pledge today, i ran with a pug group of my friend at vr4, me at vr8 at 2 vr16s, scaled to VR4, we got to the last boss but i found it pretty rough going and couldn't complete it, was the entire dungeon scaled to vr14 the whole time? Even though it said VR4 above the enemies heads?
    Edited by Samphaa on October 12, 2015 10:04PM