Maintenance for the week of October 21:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 21
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – October 21, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I am a vet 4 noob.

smokeytheroach
smokeytheroach
Soul Shriven
Would someone kindly help with this little problem.

You see, I've been going mostly solo thus far. (New to the MMo scene.) I've been surviving on quest, delve and public dungon loot and rarely joining in chat channels. I've only done a handful of group dungons because I lack the gear to pull my weight. I feel really crappy when I'm clearly dragging the group down. The paradox here is I need to do these dungons to get better gear. (Or so I understand.) To be frank, I think I need a group or guild than would be willing to teach me a few things. I dont need my hand held, however, I do believe a 'hands on' approach is needed with things like proper builds and learning to work with a team.

I'm a high elf sorc build, xbox one, Aldmeri(spelling?). I also have eso on ps4 but harldly play there. Gamertag is the same across all mediums.
XBL - SmokeytheRoach
PSN - SmokeytheRoach
  • Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Alternatively, just look through the guild stores for decent gear. Most of the old stuff (which is still pretty good for PvE) is going dirt cheap. for example, I got myself a full set of vet 12 Martial Knowledge for around 4k. You can also craft good sets. The seducer set being the obvious one. I don't think there's any real need to grind out the must have sets until you're max level.
  • Jennifur_Vultee
    Jennifur_Vultee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My VR1 magic/light armor users I put in...

5 Warlock, dropped set - hood, shoulders, necklace and rings. Warlock is fairly cheap, the rings tend to be the most expensive parts.

5 Seducer, crafted set - basically the rest of the armor

2 generic crafted staffs

"Whoever is careless with the truth in small matters cannot be trusted with important matters." – Albert Einstein

Treat a customer fairly and they will remember you. Treat a customer poorly and they never forget.

Imperial City: Zerg, gank or die.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Alternatively, just look through the guild stores for decent gear. Most of the old stuff (which is still pretty good for PvE) is going dirt cheap. for example, I got myself a full set of vet 12 Martial Knowledge for around 4k. .

You and I clearly have differing definitions of "dirt cheap"
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Jennifur_Vultee
    Jennifur_Vultee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    newtinmpls wrote: »
    Alternatively, just look through the guild stores for decent gear. Most of the old stuff (which is still pretty good for PvE) is going dirt cheap. for example, I got myself a full set of vet 12 Martial Knowledge for around 4k. .

4k is dirt cheap. I spent 30k roughly on my Footman pieces for my tank and I thought that was pretty cheap. I'm not rolling in gold in ESO but still 4k for a full set of VR12 gear would be nothing, I've spent that to help guildmates get a single VR1 Warlock ring.
    "Whoever is careless with the truth in small matters cannot be trusted with important matters." – Albert Einstein

Treat a customer fairly and they will remember you. Treat a customer poorly and they never forget.

• newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    At any given time I'm struggling to total 25-30k on my whole account.

For me, 4k is not 'dirt cheap'
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Jennifur_Vultee
    Jennifur_Vultee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At any given time I'm struggling to total 25-30k on my whole account.

For me, 4k is not 'dirt cheap'

Pick up and sell anything and everything you can that has a gold value. I know when I was breaking down most of what I collected to gain crafting experience gold seemed hard to come by so I can understand struggling to get it. But once I was able to sell 90% of what I picked up I started making gold pretty fast, but you have to pick up everything that drops that you can sell to a merchant. Doing nothing but this and selling the occasional motif I'd picked up I had 250k gold on my main alone, I'm now down to 125k after buying some things for myself and guild members. You can do it fairly easily but it may require frequent trips to sell junk as your bag fills.

• Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Hahaha Yeah, i suppose it does depend on how well stocked you are with gold. Believe me, what they used to sell for, 4k is dirt cheap, mate. 4k during vet levels is easy to make. Just go to a well stocked keep and steal plenty of items and go to your nearest refuge fence. You can make that in or around an hour easily.

Edited by Prof_Bawbag on October 5, 2015 10:05AM
  • o_Skellington_o
    I have just the guild for you!

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/223591/looking-for-vet-rank-players-to-join-extremely-organized-and-successful-guild#latest

If you're interested simply reply to the link so it gets bumped to the top of the page.