The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Major Bug: Horse Dismount

korkibucek
korkibucek
✭✭✭
Pretty disappointed in this horse dismount bug, one of the main reasons I've purchased the imperial addition is for the horse. Fact is now I'm running everywhere to avoid getting constantly dismounted.

This existed in the beta.

I am guessing there is a genuine reason why the player should be dismounted and this is unintentionally triggered. Could the devs not just simply remove this condition?

Also I've noticed that some areas are worse than others, specifically cities.
  • Loxy37
    Loxy37
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah it happened to me in beta also. I run most places anyway as I'm constantly gathering.
    Options
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yup same as last beta for me. I was under the impression the devs had fixed that issue for early access.
    Options
  • Saerydoth
    Saerydoth
    ✭✭✭✭
    The horse actually has a hidden health bar. When it is depleted, you get dismounted. The horse actually does take a minor amount of damage from jumps. From what I hear, you can increase this "hidden" health bar by feeding your horse. As it is upgraded, the problem lessens and eventually disappears.

Although I can definitely understand the frustration. Simply jumping down a flight of steps shouldn't be enough to trigger this. I suspect that they will just increase the hidden health bar to resolve it.
    Edited by Saerydoth on March 31, 2014 9:15PM
    Options
  • korkibucek
    korkibucek
    ✭✭✭
    Saerydoth wrote: »
    The horse actually has a hidden health bar. When it is depleted, you get dismounted. The horse actually does take a minor amount of damage from jumps. From what I hear, you can increase this "hidden" health bar by feeding your horse. As it is upgraded, the problem lessens and eventually disappears.

Although I can definitely understand the frustration. Simply jumping down a flight of steps shouldn't be enough to trigger this. I suspect that they will just increase the hidden health bar to resolve it.

@Saerydoth‌ if this is indeed the case it would be nice if they made it less hidden :) Also I agree they probably will just ramp up the base health.

What's the idea behind a mount having health anyway?

Options
  • Ragnar_Lodbrok
    Ragnar_Lodbrok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also there is a horse stamina bar that is hidden unless you are sprinting, jumping depletes this fast, and when empty you get bucked.
    Options
  • korkibucek
    korkibucek
    ✭✭✭
    Also there is a horse stamina bar that is hidden unless you are sprinting, jumping depletes this fast, and when empty you get bucked.

Did not realize this either, I don't recall seeing a bucking animation when I've been unexpectedly dismounted. Just the standard fade away.
    Options
  • Ragnar_Lodbrok
    Ragnar_Lodbrok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    korkibucek wrote: »

Did not realize this either, I don't recall seeing a bucking animation when I've been unexpectedly dismounted. Just the standard fade away.

Yup, the animation shows the horse rearing, throwing you off.
    Options
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Also some are having an issue with the horse not appearing at all and the need to use /stuck to fix it.
    Options
  • korkibucek
    korkibucek
    ✭✭✭
    Also some are having an issue with the horse not appearing at all and the need to use /stuck to fix it.

But it's good to be aware that aware that /stuck does kill you!

I've heard some people reporting that a /reloadui sorted out other horse related bugs.

Options
  • korkibucek
    korkibucek
    ✭✭✭
    korkibucek wrote: »

Yup, the animation shows the horse rearing, throwing you off.

I've tested this and it works sometimes, other times the horse tends to just back off to normal pace by itself.
    Options
  • Siliconhobbit_ESO
    Siliconhobbit_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    The horse dismount bug has nothing what-so-ever to do with it's current health or stamina, in regards to galloping.

I've noticed that when in large groups of players in Cyrodil, dismounts are constant and repeated. All I ever hear are player whistling for their horses to remount after being constantly dismounted. The same happens to me. I can mount up and 2 seconds later, get dismounted for no reason at all. On top of that, who knows what invisible terrain anomalies keep dismounting me and others as well.

While I appreciate the fact that the horse has a health bar and a 'sprint' meter, these have no effect on getting dismounted from the horse if it happens only seconds after I mount the horse in the first place.

There is some other bug that is causing this.
    Sinister Swarm
    15 Years of Gaming Excellence
    Options
  • Snowefox
    Snowefox

Na, their stamina bar /Is/ their health bar. The more you sprint on your horse(which can be infinite), the more susceptible to being knocked off by your horse you are :smile:
    Edited by Snowefox on October 10, 2015 3:36AM
    Hunt together, or Die alone. -The Tamriel Wolfpack
    media.wizards.com/images/magic/daily/stf/stf163_wildbloodPack.jpg
    Options
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Snowefox wrote: »

Na, their stamina bar /Is/ their health bar. The more you sprint on your horse(which can be infinite), the more susceptible to being knocked off by your horse you are :smile:

You DO realize EVERY POST in this thread is from April 2014 , right after the game came out?

15209d1247204376-indian-army-vs-american-army-holy_necroposting_batman.jpg
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
    Options