The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

If you cant break cloak then...

nordickittyhawk
nordickittyhawk
✭✭✭✭✭
You suck... You actually suck there are MASS amount skills to counter cloak... so why dont you use them skills? ...
If anything no nerfs should come... Just buff DKs. Leave every other class Alone right now and Buff DKs... im not even a DK and you know what 'i feel sorry for them;
  • LBxFinalDeath
    LBxFinalDeath
    ✭✭✭✭
    Indeed its a good question as to why they don't use the counters if cloak is such a major factor in ruining their day.
    Options
  • nordickittyhawk
    nordickittyhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Indeed its a good question as to why they don't use the counters if cloak is such a major factor in ruining their day.

Because they refuse to adjust!.. They Q.Q all day even thou there are massive amount skills.

Mage light morph: detect area is huge and can see cloak targets AND... cant get stunned or take bonus dmg from stealth.
    If they cant make time to put a skill on there bar then yes they will suffer so they shouldnt complain.

ZOS U BETTER BE READING THIS!

Options
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Good idea to bad all the counters are nearly useless. AOEs just step out of it, potions just run around in a circle till it wears off, Clatrops or reveling flare not every one is rank 6/7 in alliance war, RML doesn't help stamina users.

So here's a counter argument to your rage post if I may give one. Cloak gets fixed to be fair or all the "counters" get buffed.
    Options
  • nordickittyhawk
    nordickittyhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good idea to bad all the counters are nearly useless. AOEs just step out of it, potions just run around in a circle till it wears off, Clatrops or reveling flare not every one is rank 6/7 in alliance war, RML doesn't help stamina users.

So here's a counter argument to your rage post if I may give one. Cloak gets fixed to be fair or all the "counters" get buffed.

MAGE LIGHT
    Options
  • nordickittyhawk
    nordickittyhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭

MAGE LIGHT
    ALSO:
    Every skill that can pull cloak! not all useful but all that can.
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/219654/to-those-who-think-dark-cloak-needs-a-nerf/p1
    Options
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't play a nb but I don't want cloak nerfed either. However the few counters I used to use against cloak have been nerfed. I used to enjoy the mini-game of re-cursing the nb before they could re-cloak. Can't do that any more as I believe curse no longer pulls nbs out of cloak for some reason. I also used to use streak liberally and enjoy trying to guess which way the nb went after they cloaked. Can't do that anymore.

I've never liked using detect pots because to do so means I can't use a tripot for 40 secs and my tripot cravings can't wait that long. But on the rare occasion I feel the need to use one they don't really last long enough to locate and deal with the pesky nb anymore. A whole 40 secs was too long, but the current 15 secs or whatever is not long enough.

AoE? Well I have a single target build for pvp. So my current counter is just to stand and wait until they attack and then try to dispatch them as quickly as possible if they do. And if they don't then I just forget about them.

So I don't have an issue with cloak atm, but can I have a counter back please? Preferably the curse counter, that was my fave.

I suspect many of the recent complaints about cloak are a result of the enclosed spaces of IC/sewers. In my experience cloak is much more frustrating to deal with down there. Not sure what could be done about that.
    PC | EU
    Options
  • nordickittyhawk
    nordickittyhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't play a nb but I don't want cloak nerfed either. However the few counters I used to use against cloak have been nerfed. I used to enjoy the mini-game of re-cursing the nb before they could re-cloak. Can't do that any more as I believe curse no longer pulls nbs out of cloak for some reason. I also used to use streak liberally and enjoy trying to guess which way the nb went after they cloaked. Can't do that anymore.

I've never liked using detect pots because to do so means I can't use a tripot for 40 secs and my tripot cravings can't wait that long. But on the rare occasion I feel the need to use one they don't really last long enough to locate and deal with the pesky nb anymore. A whole 40 secs was too long, but the current 15 secs or whatever is not long enough.

AoE? Well I have a single target build for pvp. So my current counter is just to stand and wait until they attack and then try to dispatch them as quickly as possible if they do. And if they don't then I just forget about them.

So I don't have an issue with cloak atm, but can I have a counter back please? Preferably the curse counter, that was my fave.

I suspect many of the recent complaints about cloak are a result of the enclosed spaces of IC/sewers. In my experience cloak is much more frustrating to deal with down there. Not sure what could be done about that.

Its just IC :/ all counters are counters i mean look at counters to sheilds... a set. :/ no skills nothing to pen it. Cloak is fine its just smart people know how i use it. ( i just run one way and cloak back through em...)
    Options
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Its just IC :/ all counters are counters i mean look at counters to sheilds... a set. :/ no skills nothing to pen it. Cloak is fine its just smart people know how i use it. ( i just run one way and cloak back through em...)

The skills that counter shields are the same as the skills that counter cloak; damage dealing skills. Cloak only has one hard counter in the form of detect pots, and shields only have one hard counter in the form of shieldbreaker set.
    PC | EU
    Options
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You suck... You actually suck there are MASS amount skills to counter cloak... so why dont you use them skills? ...
    If anything no nerfs should come... Just buff DKs. Leave every other class Alone right now and Buff DKs... im not even a DK and you know what 'i feel sorry for them;

Except the problem isn't breaking cloak, it's the fact that (a) Cloak can be used to indefinitely avoid damage and (b) is an auto escape around mobs.

Nerfs are coming so here's my advice:

7686178464_fdc8ea66c7.jpg
    The Tomb of FPS Alteration Magic - Everything You Need to Know About FPS
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
    Praise Malacath.
    Options
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just want a buffed detect pot really, I really don't think class specific abilities being tweaked is all that fair, like if mage light got buffed then wut about DKs?

I think, to me, the best idea would be a 5 second cooldown on pot. That way every class has an answer, its not broken, sure you can keep using - just like the NB can keep cloaking.

Next would be, an attack cool down, this way its still effective as it was intended - entering and leaving combat (however im sure people would just prefer an increased cost with each use - which effectively is similar only delayed)

I can also live with it the way it is
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
    Options
  • Master_Kas
    Master_Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cathexis wrote: »

Except the problem isn't breaking cloak, it's the fact that (a) Cloak can be used to indefinitely avoid damage and (b) is an auto escape around mobs.

This will be all people who still will get rekt by NB's after the nerf :trollface:

And me obviously since my main is a nightblade . QQ!
    EU | PC
    Options
  • Domander
    Domander
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I sure hope you don't think a nerf of any kind will prevent either of those made up "problems"....

also the players in favor of a nerf seem to be the ones crying, just remember, you are the players that will make a worse game for us all if you keep it up.
    Edited by Domander on October 5, 2015 3:51AM
    Options
  • BalticBlues
    BalticBlues
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    "If you cant break cloak then..."
    ... you just died when a group of three permacloaked NBs killed you at once.

Permacloaking make this game suck for new players.
    Options
  • Domander
    Domander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "If you cant break cloak then..."
    ... you just died when a group of three permacloaked NBs killed you at once.

Permacloaking make this game suck for new players.

"Permacloaking"

I wonder if you mean stealth.
    Edited by Domander on October 5, 2015 4:48AM
    Options
  • Gerardopg
    Gerardopg
    ✭✭✭
    Another nightblade that can't play with cloak
    Options
  • thelordoffelines
    thelordoffelines
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You couldve said the same think about catching a bolting sorc before the nerf yet here we are.
    Options
  • iseko
    iseko
    ✭✭✭✭
    Should look up a few old forums of a year ago. Exactly the same. Just switch NB witch DK and cloak with flappy wings.

That being said: dont care about cloak. Annoying as hell but thats about it
    Options
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If cloak regen is nerfed you should not be able to break cloak period.
    PS4 NA DC
    Options
  • nordickittyhawk
    nordickittyhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If cloak regen is nerfed you should not be able to break cloak period.

Exactly and if you play a NB cloak is buggy as *** and that annoying combat bug so i cant go hidden so i have to spam it in a corner so they cant see me. you know that when someone uses mage light or detect pot then its pretty useless cause they can see you but you dont know they can see you!.
    Options
  • Laggus
    Laggus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Simple fact of the matter is most people just get really annoyed by the im losng the fight brigade after being ambushd from stealth, get the better of the ambusher and said ambusher presses the old vanish button. Then theres those ones that just mark you from stealth and do bugger all else because they are afraid fight.
    Options
  • nordickittyhawk
    nordickittyhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Laggus wrote: »
    Simple fact of the matter is most people just get really annoyed by the im losng the fight brigade after being ambushd from stealth, get the better of the ambusher and said ambusher presses the old vanish button. Then theres those ones that just mark you from stealth and do bugger all else because they are afraid fight.

Thats the class thou :) you sneak n hide its what the class is a assasin, a rouge or what ever u wanna call it.
    Options
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Master_Kas wrote: »

This will be all people who still will get rekt by NB's after the nerf :trollface:

You know what happens next?
    DKs and sorcs can tell you: More nerfs. Bolt escape is 6 nerfs in and people still complain.

This is just the beginning for your class. The end will be someone spamming you to death with lightattacks when you dare to use cloak in their proximity while fighting 1vX.

Edit: My guess the next thing on the list will be shadowimage. Most likely range nerfed. Halved or s.th. equally silly.
    Edited by Derra on October 5, 2015 12:53PM
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

Options
  • ScruffyWhiskers
    ScruffyWhiskers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You couldve said the same think about catching a bolting sorc before the nerf yet here we are.

Really? What skills or items was I not using to completely negate that sorc teleport? How many times were those sorcs pressing the old bolt button to finally get one to fire off?

And when my cloak expires and I need that class shield or heal, which button should I push?
    Options
  • nordickittyhawk
    nordickittyhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Really? What skills or items was I not using to completely negate that sorc teleport? How many times were those sorcs pressing the old bolt button to finally get one to fire off?

And when my cloak expires and I need that class shield or heal, which button should I push?

Bravo sir bravo :)
    Options
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    the ONLY counter to cloak that is somewhat effective is Caltrops, and for a magic user you only get one guess and there goes all of your stamina. For Radiant Light to work the NB basically has to be hugging you, the only positive out of it is that he can't cc you with Ambush. The only people pretending these counters are effective are NBs.

If they don't nerf cloak i don't really care anymore, i just hate it when people on forums pretend like the counters are highly effective.
    Options
  • thelordoffelines
    thelordoffelines
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You werent using gap closers apparently. And idk what you mean by finally get one off cloak works fine now.
    Options
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You act like there are no counters to the stealth counters.
    Edited by Armitas on October 5, 2015 2:58PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
    Options
  • killingspreeb16_ESO
    killingspreeb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »
    Master_Kas wrote: »

You know what happens next?
    DKs and sorcs can tell you: More nerfs. Bolt escape is 6 nerfs in and people still complain.

This is just the beginning for your class. The end will be someone spamming you to death with lightattacks when you dare to use cloak in their proximity while fighting 1vX.

Edit: My guess the next thing on the list will be shadowimage. Most likely range nerfed. Halved or s.th. equally silly.

Bolt still good that's why some people still complain about it,what was needed was a counter to bolt like "you can't cast bolt escape while rooted"etc,we need to stop to ask nerf for every *** ability,i don't even get why DK wings was nerfed,for bolt well the animation is faster than some gapcloser the sorc will always run away from you if youre not Xvs1 even now,anyways just ask for counter not nerf this and nerf that stop begin a kid(not referred to you)but this forum is becoming
    Worse than the League of Legend one,counter are good,nerf are only good to make this game boring.
    Options
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    When ever i hear people say Dk's need a buff, can you please be specific that it's "Magicka Dk's" that need a buff. Stamina Dk's are unreal atm...

If stamina dk's got a stamina whip they would be so op... it's like nightblade's asking for a cloak that can't be hit by AoE's.
    Edited by GreenSoup2HoT on October 6, 2015 5:36AM
    PS4 NA DC
    Options
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When ever i hear people say Dk's need a buff, can you please be specific that it's "Magicka Dk's" that need a buff. Stamina Dk's are unreal atm...

If stamina dk's got a stamina whip they would be so op... it's like nightblade's asking for a cloak that can't be hit by AoE's.

stamina dk's are barely dk's there just character that use 2 handers and use may 1-2 class skills none of which are even stamina ones.

Dk's does have:

An escape skill (like sorc/nb)
    An execute (like nb's/sorc/templars)
    An actual useful class self heal (like templars / nb's have siphoning)
    A class gap closer (like sorc/ nb's and templars)

Instead they have an entire skill tree dedicated to dots which are useless.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
    Options