Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Cant Create Staff

slave1rwb17_ESO
slave1rwb17_ESO
Soul Shriven
Maybe noob question but I am trying to make a staff of the seducer but there is nothing coming up to make it in the set area or anywhere to make a staff at all for that matter .... am I doing something wrong? ...I have the traits and materials for it
:s

Cheers
  • Artemisshrikes
    Artemisshrikes
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe noob question but I am trying to make a staff of the seducer but there is nothing coming up to make it in the set area or anywhere to make a staff at all for that matter .... am I doing something wrong? ...I have the traits and materials for it

Cheers

do you have the right amount of traits for example you need a total of 6 in night mother set while night silence needs 2
    VR 16 Dragonknight Sarenvog (AD, Former Emperor)
  • JimbobMarley
    JimbobMarley
    ✭✭

Cheers

When you say you have the traits and materials do you mean you have the trait stones ? If so you still need to have researched the number of traits needed to actually make the staff . Another little tip is make sure you switch from ordinary build to set piece build , sounds obvious but you wouldnt believe the amount of times this has caught me out .
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    And do you have the 'weapon' (i.e. staff) icon chosen as opposed to the 'armor' icon (shields).
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • AlphaCrucis
    AlphaCrucis
    ✭✭✭
    [/quote]

When you say you have the traits and materials do you mean you have the trait stones ? If so you still need to have researched the number of traits needed to actually make the staff . Another little tip is make sure you switch from ordinary build to set piece build , sounds obvious but you wouldnt believe the amount of times this has caught me out .[/quote]

Yep this has cought me out too
    Australian, Aldmeri Dominion
    Altmer, Dragonknight (mag), Damage Dealer
    Brenton, Templar, Healer
    Bosmer, Nightblade (stam), Damage Dealer, PvP
    PS4, NA Server
    Guild Member Of: Brotherhood of Bogans
  • Tessie
    Tessie
    ✭✭✭
    You have to research traits for crafting. Different sets require a different number of traits to be known before you may craft them.

http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Set+Bonus+Crafting+Locations

The Seducer set requires you to know any three traits on the type of item you want to craft. So if you've not researched three distinct traits on the staff type you're trying to create, you won't be allowed.

If you're also wanting to craft armor with it, you will also need to know three traits for each of the distinct armor pieces you're trying to craft.
  • Swindy
    Swindy
    ✭✭✭

Cheers

When you say you have the traits and materials do you mean you have the trait stones ? If so you still need to have researched the number of traits needed to actually make the staff . Another little tip is make sure you switch from ordinary build to set piece build , sounds obvious but you wouldnt believe the amount of times this has caught me out .

Made my first gold glass VR16 piece, a bow, Ashen to go with two pieces of VR15 armour as the third, rest is Hundings.
    Forgot to build it in Ashen didn't I?...made it as a standard bow...gold & enchanted...150 odd timber mats, 8 rosin, 8 purple, 800TV glyph plus Kota, etc.

Ya...only made that mistake once.
    ...or so I thought...

Two nights later did exactly the same thing with a gold glass VR16 Ashen belt.

FFS Swind pay some attention to what your f'ing doing son. :disappointed:
    Edited by Swindy on October 5, 2015 5:29AM
    II Swindy II

Australian on Xbox NA (ex EU)
  • JimbobMarley
    JimbobMarley
    ✭✭
    Swindy wrote: »

Cheers

Made my first gold glass VR16 piece, a bow, Ashen to go with two pieces of VR15 armour as the third, rest is Hundings.
    Forgot to build it in Ashen didn't I?...made it as a standard bow...gold & enchanted...150 odd timber mats, 8 rosin, 8 purple, 800TV glyph plus Kota, etc.

Ya...only made that mistake once.
    ...or so I thought...

Two nights later did exactly the same thing with a gold glass VR16 Ashen belt.

FFS Swind pay some attention to what your f'ing doing son. :disappointed:

Ouch , I feel your pain . I did a similar thing but luckily (if you can call it that) it was only V14 but I was so annoyed I just deconned the lot only to get 1 gold back from each piece.