The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Spawn timers on bosses in Cyrodiil delves.

svartorn
svartorn
✭✭✭✭✭
Can they have less than 8 hours between spawns? Thanks. Getting tired of sitting in delves killing trash over and over and over and over again waiting for bosses to spawn on their seemingly infinite timer.
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The bosses spawn randomly, and depending on the delve, maybe only some of the bosses are up at the same time. What this means is players have to keep knocking down whichever bosses are up until the needed boss does spawn. What complicates Cyrodiil is that while you are killing one boss, someone else may run into the delve and kill the boss you need without your knowledge, making it appear the boss never spawns. It's helpful to go with a group with someone camping at each boss spawn site, and call out when spawns appear. There's one delve with 4 bosses in the bottom and one at top, but only two bosses active at one time. THAT delve is a challenge to do solo. As for the rest, it's just a matter of RNG as you keep killing bosses until the one you want appears.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • Treyazae
    Treyazae
    Soul Shriven
    In most dungeons all bosses are spawn simultaneously. There is a 10 minute wait on respawn in most but not all dungeons. Toadstool has 5 bosses and 3 spawn at any one time with a short timer (maybe 1 minute). Other dungeons have 2 bosses that spawn individually and randomly every 10 minutes. The worst two dungeons are Bloodmayne Cave and Pothole Caverns, 3 bosses, 10 minute intervals, one random spawn. After completing them a couple of times most are easy.
  • svartorn
    svartorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Waited in Pothole Caverns for over an hour and a half with no boss spawns.
  • Cadelay
    Cadelay
    ✭✭✭
    I managed to do this achieve in a day's time, but I switched between campaigns. My home and guest campaign. Some of the roughest delves, I managed to find a boss after a few switches.
  • svartorn
    svartorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In pothole caverns again today. Killed two out of three bosses multiple times. Nearly 4 hours total in here the last two days after I logged out here last night. Blighttooth just won't spawn. Ever.

Is it so hard to code boss spawns to work correctly?
  • svartorn
    svartorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Killed Serrin Vol and Vethisa yet again. No Blighttooth.
  • svartorn
    svartorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After two days and 6+ hours clearing the place over and over and over again, I finally got a Blighttooth kill and my Cyrodiil Cave Delver/Tamriel Master Explorer achieves! Yaaaaaaaay.
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Must be a good day for RNG. I finished IC fish and monster collectibles this morning. RNG is a saint and a devil. o:)>:)

NEUXW.gif
    Edited by Ourorboros on October 4, 2015 10:30PM
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)