The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PvE sorceror build

DaveW4
DaveW4
Hi all.

I'm not far off of v16 now and was wondering what direction I should take with regards to gear;

I'm looking to probably just go straight v14 seducer set just to get me started, will make them blue and stick the usual enchants on it until I further my loot.

But what next? I'm assuming I should dive straight in veteran dungeons and get them done to see what drops, but does anyone have an idea as to what gear I should be looking for in particular? I'm in process of setting up an end game PVE guild and have several very good members so I don't really want to let the side down when it comes to my dps. Have looked on several skill guides and the one I've been paying particular attention to is Dymence's build guide : http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/2-0-1-endgame-pve-sorcerer-dps-petless-build-by-dymence/ however I've not asked other Sorcerors their stance on this!

I play this game a fair amount so ideally what I'm after is something to get me started at v16 which isn't amazing, then another gear set for me to aim for.

Thanks a lot in advance!
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I run 4 piece Martial Knowledge, 4 Magnus craftable set, 2 Adroitness (neck and waist), and two Cyrodiil of light rings.

Spell damage is at 2,106 unbuffed and 1,480 magicka recovery. it really works for me. I rarely run dungeons but with that set i've always been able to handle dungeons at higher levels than me. I'm sitting at vr15 at the moment.
  • orwangatang
    orwangatang
    ✭✭
    v16 sorc. I run 4 piece martial knowledge, 4 piece healer, and 2 piece cyrodiils light. If i get the engine guardian head and shoulders i will drop the cyrodiils light and just run 4 piece healer. After buffs, my spell damage sits at about 2.9k.
  • DaveW4
    DaveW4
    excellent thanks, just it sure on my dps even when I'm geared up, seen dk and nb absolutly kicking ass in dungeons and it doesn't feel like I pull much damage :-/
  • DaveW4
    DaveW4
    Where do I find martial knowledge and healer sets? Tried googling but I always manage to pull up posts that are years old!
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    i forgot to mention, my gear is mostly vr11 so my spell damage should go up a lot more after i upgrade haha. after buffs im sitting at 2.6 spell damage
  • DaveW4
    DaveW4
    So that stuff is from trials isn't it? What about before that then? Should I just stick with seducer v14 and whatever else I find in vet dungeons until then?
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Martial Knowledge i recommend you buy at guild stores, they are really cheap! Don't spend more than 5k for any single piece. As for the healer, im not too sure about that one. Just check MULTIPLE guild stores before buying so you can get an idea of what they should cost.
  • DaveW4
    DaveW4
    Any recommendations on what particular items should be what set? Cheers again :)
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    just depends on the looks you want plus what you can actually find. other than that it doesn't really matter how you mix it up, you'll have the same effects in the end
  • orwangatang
    orwangatang
    ✭✭
    DaveW4 wrote: »
    Where do I find martial knowledge and healer sets? Tried googling but I always manage to pull up posts that are years old!

I bought healer from guild stores. rings are expensive so im running necklace(15k) shoes(5k) sash(4k) and hat(5k). Martial knowledge can be found at any chests honestly. go to cracked wood cave, grind for a few hours and you'll get it. make sure you're v14 tho
  • orwangatang
    orwangatang
    ✭✭
    forgot to mention I am also getting spell damage from 2 piece torag's pact swords.
  • orwangatang
    orwangatang
    ✭✭
    healer is a drop from dragonstar arena
  • DaveW4
    DaveW4
    Thanks a lot guys :)
  • Gerardopg
    Gerardopg
    ✭✭✭
    Kagrenacs hope 5 pieces, 2 torugs pact, molag kena shoulders and willpower jewerly I have 2,800 sd unbuffed, and 1700 magicka recovery , almost 38k magicka
  • Oh_Skrivva
    Oh_Skrivva
    ✭✭✭
    Will power jewelry, torug x3 molag kena x1 martial knowledge x4 (planning on replacing with overwhelming surge x4 one I farm them) 41k Mana 2900 spell power unbuffered (buffed 3490 without dw)
    Costco member

Message brought to you by Cat Queefs Emporium