Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Hirelings and new mats?

Ourorboros
Ourorboros
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I saw a thread in the PTS about hirelings dropping the new VR15-16 mats, but no thread since IC went live. I had stopped using hirelings, since I had better use of the skill points, but started them again in each equipment category for a chance at ancestor silk, etc. So far, I have not received any of the new mats. I am 10/10 in all skills, but started with only 1 point in hireling. I recently put a 2nd point in one of them. Is it possible to get the new mats without maxing the hireling passive?
That 3rd point is especially irksome since ZOS refuses to do anything about the hireling screwed up mail delivery.
Edited by Ourorboros on September 19, 2015 1:04AM
PC/NA/DC
Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • SLy_Kyti
    SLy_Kyti
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have received them but only on hirelings (three of three). I have not ever received Ancestor Coth.
    To answer your question I would also wonder if anyone got them with less than 3of 3 in hirelings.
    Master Crafter: Almost all motifs
    GM~ Blades of Old Tamriel NA/AD
    Member~ NZAD
    Member~ Blades of Vengeance NA/AD
    -Tamriel College -Amazing Deals of Nirn-
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been wondering this as well. I usually only do 2/3 hireling points. After the 2.1 respec I accidentally put 3/3 into the smithing hireling on one character, and that was the only one I got new mats from. On Monday I put a 3rd hireling on a different toon, and got a new mat the next day (but not since). Anecdotally it seems that only 3/3 hireling points give the new mats. I'd love to hear if others have gotten them with less.
    Edited by Reverb on September 18, 2015 4:32PM
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have 8 characters with various levels of hirelings, many of them at 3/3.

I have gotten quite a few of the new mats, including Ancestor Silk ...
    :smile:
    Edited by SirAndy on September 18, 2015 5:51PM
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Much as I hate it, I went 3/3 on my clothier hireling only. Now to see if I only get the occasional ancestor silk. Really does not make sense that the passive has to be maxed, since the only difference between 2 and 3 is twice daily delivery (IF you relog!!!!).
    Edited by Ourorboros on September 19, 2015 1:03AM
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I never did on my hirelings that are at less than 3/3. On those that are, I get one per email.

Note, I think it also matters with regards to the character levels too. I don't think my Blacksmither who is at VR13 gets any, but my Clothier/Woodworker at VR15 does. I will have to pay closer attention tonight when I do the Mule Shuffle.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have 3/3 in all hirelings possible, and have yet to experienced to recieve anything higher than v9-v14 materials.

I forgot to mention, I am maxed in all crafts and spent skillpoints into everything but keen eye.
    Edited by failkiwib16_ESO on September 18, 2015 10:54PM
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    I never did on my hirelings that are at less than 3/3. On those that are, I get one per email.

Note, I think it also matters with regards to the character levels too. I don't think my Blacksmither who is at VR13 gets any, but my Clothier/Woodworker at VR15 does. I will have to pay closer attention tonight when I do the Mule Shuffle.

@nestor on PTS my VR2 received new mats. To be honest I haven't paid attention on live though. Interesting thought on the 3/3 hireling.. Mine are at 2/3 currently
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    No, character level does *not* matter.

My main Clothier is only level 25 but has clothing maxed at 50 and 3/3 hirelings and he's gotten Ancestor Silk in the mail.
    Edited by SirAndy on September 18, 2015 11:10PM
  • Swindy
    Swindy
    ✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    I have 8 characters with various levels of hirelings, many of them at 3/3.

I have gotten quite a few of the new mats, including Ancestor Silk ...

One character, 3/3 everywhere (chasing mats), & each day I get at least one of the new mats, but only once have I received two.
    I'm getting more from mini bosses in Cyro via deconstruction (not IC note) than I am from hirelings.
    II Swindy II

Australian on Xbox NA (ex EU)
  • phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Receieved one ancestor cloth from clothier writ. Guessing the drop rate is low for the new mats.
    Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
  • Mitchblue
    Mitchblue
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good to know that I can get Ancestor Silk in mail. IMO, with the mass amount of skill points you can get, it makes no sense to not have 3-3 in hirelings.
    Anyone else rooting for Molag Bal?
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »

No, character level does *not* matter.

My main Clothier is only level 25 but has clothing maxed at 50 and 3/3 hirelings and he's gotten Ancestor Silk in the mail.

Thanks for confirming. Of course I only got the new mats on my VR15 on the last two rounds of emails.....

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just checking in with the forum to see if anyone can confirm that the new crafting mats will drop for a 2/3 hireling or only for a 3/3 hireling. From the tool tip, the only difference is two mails a day vs. one a day. In nearly two weeks, the only new v15-16 mat I got was to my 3/3 hireling. Anyone have a different experience?
    PC/NA/DC
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So far, only from 3/3 hirelings ...