Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PvP Rank Experience Gain - Help

AudioVortex
AudioVortex
✭✭
I am confused.

Please someone enlighten me on how I increase my rank. I was playing a guest campaign for two and half hours and it hasn't moved an inch. So I thought maybe I only get it only in my home campaign. Two hours later, still without gain. I then heard that maybe it all stores and is distributed at the end of the campaign? But I never read this in the patch notes. I'm only at legionary rank on this character and so any actual gain would move it quite a bit due to it being a rather low rank.

So is it broken or just changed?
Vex Carlotta - Templar - Imperial - Aldmeri Dominion - VR2 - Werewolf
Casamir Naharis - Dragon Knight (Tank) - Dunmer - Aldmeri Dominion - VR10 - Werewolf
Razelan Azani - Nightblade - Redguard - Daggerfall Covenant - L45
EU Dominion - Aldmeri Kings
EU Daggerfall - Daggerfalls Elite
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So... you gain AP from doing things like: Killing enemy players, and taking enemy objectives[keeps, resources]. A large sum of us leveled our AP from killing enemy players. Annnnd with IC out, its really hard to get AP. Everyone is grinding in IC in buff campaigns... soooo your not leveling that any time soon. I am sorry you missed out on Cyrodiil pvp it was amazing while it lasted.

Campaign your in doesn't matter for AP-- you get AP from doing PvP activities I listed above. Home just means you can get ranked for being emp and for your rewards at the end of the campaign. Guest just means you are there to hang out.

AP = Alliance points, AP levels your Assult / Support skill lines and Alliance Rank.
    Edited by Takes-No-Prisoner on September 29, 2015 10:01PM
  • AudioVortex
    AudioVortex
    ✭✭
    Sorry if my OP sounds like I was special. I did know all that it was more asking if it had broken or changed :p but you have still clarified it has not, so thanks.

I've noticed it moved when the ball was rolling and finally there was some action, but very slightly. All i want is caltrops!
    Vex Carlotta - Templar - Imperial - Aldmeri Dominion - VR2 - Werewolf
    Casamir Naharis - Dragon Knight (Tank) - Dunmer - Aldmeri Dominion - VR10 - Werewolf
    Razelan Azani - Nightblade - Redguard - Daggerfall Covenant - L45
    EU Dominion - Aldmeri Kings
    EU Daggerfall - Daggerfalls Elite
  • Garion
    Garion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you get an add on like FTC (if you play PC) it shows your AP again while you play, which gives you a good idea of what makes decent AP over time. You can also use things like Codex to show your accumulated gains over a session.
    Lastobeth - VR16 Sorc - PvP Rank 41 (AD)
    Lastoblyat - VR16 Templar - PvP Rank 14 (AD)
    Ninja Pete - VR16 NB - PvP Rank 10 (AD)
    Labo the Banana Slayer - VR14 Sorc - PvP Rank 12 (EP)

Member of Banana Squad | Officer of Arena