The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Rate your PvP Experience (IC update)

• Stikato
    Stikato
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think they have finally killed what should have been a legendary game.

They made us wait a year for IC, then pulled a bait and switch. Instead of it adding to the game, IC is the game now. Every other piece of content, save vet dungeons, is trivial. Every piece.

But, we really have just been hanging on to whatever echos of the original vision remain. The truth? This game has blatantly gone the way of pay to win garbage. The grindiness of the IC simply confirms what maybe we refused to accept fully before.

Right now, you can buy stats for USD. It's like that damned South Park, train the players to exchange their cash for virtual currency.

Except we go from cash -> crowns -> xp pots -> CP points -> Stats.

But at some point, its just cash -> stats. There is no way around it. We have known this, but there were enough good parts of the game to make us swallow our pride and continue on. Until this debacle.

Oh well. IC was super fun for about 7-10 days. At least I had crowns left over from B2P transition.
    Edited by Stikato on September 29, 2015 7:41AM
    Mordimus - Stam Sorc
  • Etaniel
    Etaniel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ezareth wrote: »
    I think this update may be the one that finally cures me of my ESO addiction.

I've spent the past week playing, reflecting and contemplating, continually asking myself "Am I having fun?". There are brief moments...when there is some real PvP occurring, something that recaptures a piece of the my past enjoyment, those moments have kept me logging in for the most part....that and my friends in the game.

When I'm not with friends and try to play the game for enjoyment by myself (something I've always been able to do in the past) I just find myself incredibly bored. I feel like I am looking up at a mountain of grinds in order to get to rare moments where I'm actually enjoying myself.

Must grind undaunted dailies to unlock undaunted passives
    Must grind IC for deconstruction mats.
    Must grind champion points to stay competitive
    Must grind AP to unlock assault/support 10

The list goes on...

Grinding for upgrade mats, Writs (shudder), Motifs etc.

It's all just incredibly....not fun. Most of the time I find myself nodding off at my keyboard.

I spent last night playing another game and I found myself actually enjoying my evening of playing and looking forward to it again tonight.

Imperial City has many good things going for it. It is a beautiful zone with a ton of lore and history and it fixed many of the issues that have been plaguing the game in the past. But it is not alas a PvP update in any respect IMO and it is killing off an already ailing PvP community.

I'm not sure what they can do to fix this TBH.

I'm seriously considering quitting the game. I never said before that some patch would be make or break for me, I always enjoyed the game even with the big flaws that kept hurting us every patch, but I always kept thinking, when IC comes out, it'l be awesome, it'll be the new darkness falls. Well turns out IC is crap, and is even more crap without gated access.

They've screwed the potential of this game real bad. I don't know how much longer I can keep playing this.
    Noricum | Kitesquad

Youtube

AR 41 DC DK

• Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZoS: "we dont want to release any pvp updates that will kill pvp in cyordiil"

First pvp update- kills almost all pvp in the game.

Was fun, the memories of 1.0-1.5 will always be there though...
    QFT. That beautiful 4v4v4 arena concept was cancelled because of this. Now look at what have they done to pvp with so called pvp update. Sigh...
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • bertenburnyb16_ESO
    bertenburnyb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IC killed Cyro, called it before
    Edited by bertenburnyb16_ESO on September 29, 2015 9:45AM
    Haze Ramoran Dunmer Dragonknight Tank/Dps – Smoked-Da-Herb Saxheel Templar Tank/Healer

Red Diamond, Protect us 'til the end (EU EP Thorn)
  • Etaniel
    Etaniel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

The fact IC is a DLC, and that it was not gated killed PvP/Cyro.
    I remember they talked about capturing districts a long time ago, I'm sure they took that out because of B2P. They couldn't add meaningful PvP objectives (objectives that affect the whole campaign) if the content is behind a DLC paywall. So they took out PvP objectives out of IC, and opened IC to all, killing Cyro in the process.
    Noricum | Kitesquad

Youtube

AR 41 DC DK

• bertenburnyb16_ESO
    bertenburnyb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Etaniel wrote: »

The fact IC is a DLC, and that it was not gated killed PvP/Cyro.
    I remember they talked about capturing districts a long time ago, I'm sure they took that out because of B2P. They couldn't add meaningful PvP objectives (objectives that affect the whole campaign) if the content is behind a DLC paywall. So they took out PvP objectives out of IC, and opened IC to all, killing Cyro in the process.

yes the district capturing wich isnt there is a shame
    but I meant http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/195948/acces-to-ic-with-home-keeps-will-make-cyro-incredibly-stale#latest

Haze Ramoran Dunmer Dragonknight Tank/Dps – Smoked-Da-Herb Saxheel Templar Tank/Healer

Red Diamond, Protect us 'til the end (EU EP Thorn)
  • Raizin
    Raizin
    ✭✭✭✭
    killed/killing the game for me... i m so bored out of my shoes... that i dont even spend time in there
    HellSeesYou = v16/AD/Rank 37-Former emp/EU TB-AZura(Old Auriels Bow badass) ___ Vampire Templar/Resto/Destro staff user from Banana squad
    HellSeesAll - v16/EP/Rank 19 Magicka NB/Necrotic Lag member
    HellSeesUs - v16/AD/Rank 18 Stamina Templar
  • kevlarto_ESO
    kevlarto_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With the loyal fan base of the Elder Scrolls franchise this game was Zos's to lose, and seems like they are on the path to a diminishing game, I like some of the new patch, and it has done to Cyrodiil proper what I had expected it to do for a short time, but I will admit I am bored with the pvp as it stands now, IC is boring to me, I miss the ebb and flow of the pvp in Cyrodill proper, I have found a few good battles, but with the population imbalance it is tough some days.

I know a lot of the instajibbers were unhappy with the new TTK, but getting instajibbed was not fun for most people, I used to see instagibbers on their twitch channel complain when they got instajibbed, LOL

The one gated access campaign not doing to well from the numbers I see, this is three faction warfare, three factions need to take part and be fairly balanced, there are some problems in this game that are player created, like the population imbalance, and the measures ZOS would have to do to help this would not be very popular among the player base.

Not having caps was bad idea, crazy regens and damage numbers, maybe there is something to be said for cool downs now looking back.

I think a lot of the good things in this patch are over shadowed by other game issues and problems, the real question is can ZOSs dig out of this hole they keep digging, because when I hear the words going free to play will be my queue to exit stage right.:)

Thing is me and my friends are huge fans of the game and our morale is getting low, so I can only imagine the players who are not real fans of the franchise what they are thinking.
    Edited by kevlarto_ESO on September 29, 2015 12:48PM
  • VincentBlanquin
    VincentBlanquin
    ✭✭✭
    its even worse than many before me write. We even have one gated campaign on EU PC, but rarely populated by AD or DC, we have no pvp players anymore. We have dull bunch of farmers, grinders, zergers
    Irwen Vincinter - Nord - Dragonknight
    Irw´en - Bosmer - Nightblade
  • coolermh
    coolermh
    ✭✭✭
    Can I have all of you chars stuff when you all quit?
    -MrHeid625
    Max Chars:
    Magika Sorc AD
    Stamina NB AD
    Stam DK AD
    Magika NB-
    Magika Temp-
    Stam Warden
    Stam Sorc
    Mag Warden
  • OdinForge
    OdinForge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    coolermh wrote: »
    Can I have all of you chars stuff when you all quit?

It's all bound, now go find a job and get your own stuff. (s)
    Edited by OdinForge on September 29, 2015 1:14PM
    The Age of Wrobel.
  • Wollust
    Wollust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I hate IC but i have to spent hours in it because of the gear and trophy farm.
    Susano'o

Zerg Squad
  • krim
    krim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NordJitsu wrote: »
    Balance is the best it's been since launch, so Cyrodil is more fun.

IC city is the type of small scale PvP I've been craving, so it's a huge step in the right direction.

Nord balanced in terms of what? 1v1? small scale, large scale? I find the whole balance argument rather flawed with the way this game is designed where all classes have the same armor weapon and neutral / world skills available to them. Plus in 1.5 i had good even fights with every class and never felt like I or someone else was so OP to the point where there was nothing i could change or do. Situationally you might find yourself in a spot where a certain class and build is in a good spot being fed to the point where it looks like its OP. On the contrary its just good positioning and good play mixed in with maybe some bad players feeding.
  • tordr86b16_ESO
    tordr86b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No wonder cyrodiil died when they locked all the good pvp gear inside IC. ROFL, anyone remember them saying that they didn't want arena 4v4 type gameplay since it would detract people from Cyrodiil? Yeah, they just did the exact opposite with the way they designed IC. Talk about shooting your own foot.
    Edited by tordr86b16_ESO on September 29, 2015 3:46PM
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The game just isn't that much fun anymore, while the opposite should have happened with the release of IC.
  • eliisra
    eliisra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do have fun in IC smaller groups sometimes, if lucky. But it's so inconsistent.

Going around for ages, district to district, without seeing a single enemy, empty sewers, empty everywhere, than bam get run over by a PvE train :anguished:

Also less and less solo friendly. Feels like IC right now is 90% NB gankers in sneak waiting for you to aggro NPC's, so they can drop the killing blow and feel awesome, than 10% PvE trains farming stoff. It's getting worse. Was more mixed/fun action in the beginning.

Cyrodiil is mostly dead. To many campaigns sharing both IC and Cyro populations, results in empty maps. ZoS removing any incentive to gain AP, emperor and leaderboard, surely didn't help.

I'm still stuck in combat for years, crashing, getting massive fps drops, horrible ping, no cc immunity, skills not working and basically nothing that plagued PvP in earlier patches, was really fixed.
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lava_Croft wrote: »
    The game just isn't that much fun anymore, while the opposite should have happened with the release of IC.

For me, the game is much more fun than it used to be prior of IC. Great things got fixed and looking forward into it.
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
    • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
    • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Introduce dynamic population
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Bring resurrection sickness
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • RoamingRiverElk
    RoamingRiverElk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Small group PvP is getting less and less viable with these updates. That is what is killing the game for me. We used to be able to achieve so much more with skill when outnumbered.

WTB 1.5 with softcaps, dynamic ulti generation, maybe some kind of modified vigor for stamina builds (though I wouldn't want to play a stamina build I think), 100% stamina regen while blocking. Wings could stay as they are now, nerfed to 4 or 6 projectiles (saying this even though my main would be a dk).

Out of the time I spend in the game now, I'm maybe actually PvPing/fighting 20% of the time. That percentage used to be a lot higher in 1.5 and prior to that.
    Dalris Aalr - Magicka (Stamina) DK | Dalfish - Magicka Sorc | Dal Aalr - Magicka Warden | Dalrish - Mag/Stam NB | Irana Aalr - PvE Templar
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    frozywozy wrote: »
    Lava_Croft wrote: »

For me, the game is much more fun than it used to be prior of IC. Great things got fixed and looking forward into it.
    If you prefer less Cyrodiil, more PvE and more zerging, this update is for you.
  • tactica
    tactica
    ✭✭✭
    In my opinion, Imperial City was a collassal failure, and did so on four major ways (I'm not even going to get into the glass armor debacle here):

This update was not good for newer players... it was not good for PvE... it was not good for PvP... it was not good for long term players who were already at the cap or approaching the cap (those with investment)... it was a LOSS on just about any and all fronts!

If you were a newer player, after all - how many players came to this game on console and were still trying to get their bearings when IC hit? Anyway, if the OMG, all my characters just have to respec... reality check wasn't alarming enough (thanks to zero mass notification in game) then the eventual realization that a large chunk of their abilities didn't work the same way was rather jolting... moreover, for many characters, some players who really only even had one or two, areas that they were once doing okay in and holding their own found out that they could no longer do just that - hold their own. Dungeons and delves that only a week ago they were able to fight in with buds, now they were getting their clocked cleaned after IC dropped, by the same mobs... this was about the single most unplayer friendly thing a developer can do... that is, take perceived 'power' away from players in a zone, and newer characters were basically left feeling like the rug was taken out from underneath them. If you didn't hit the forums, you had no clue. Many folks I used to game with, are gone now because of it.

Look if you enjoy the heck out of PvE, you really are not a fan of IC, because now you have to WAIT for cyrodil timers to get into PVP space so you can go do PvE activities... ulgh... what a pain... you also have to tolerate the occasional ganker, or zerg fest just so you can do what you like, the PvE side of things, bad idea. There's just a rediculous amount of mobs for what would be considered any kind of reasonable PvE encounter, and there's so many folks in there 'grinding' in various zones, that the whole thing is kind of a failing mess... and if you happen to be in a place where there are enemy blocking your path, well, you might as well change campaigns, just so you can wait, pay and try again... which really makes you just want to go do anything else... at all... Now it's nice that they raised the Dungeons to VR16, if they were going to increase the level cap and its nice that loot tables increased in those dungeons... well, or is it??? See below - for PvE players, this whole IC thing is just a mess!

If you are a PvP player, what you enjoyed, the PvP aspects of Cyrodil are gone. Now, there's a mass exodux of the former game types into the IC space cause thats where the gear is at. It's a forced to get to cap kind of requirement. If you want the gear to compete, you gotta go to IC... so, folks are not in the PvP game types of Cyrodil doing what you like to do anymore, the already small PvP crowds are now even more fractured, IC all but ruined what little PvP space there was... and now is herding everyone into IC, for various reasons, none of which anyone is really fond of...

If you were at End Game prior, and already had your VR gear sets, Cyrodil's Light, Engine Guardian, Footman's, Monster Helms and you had accumulated your VR14 sets... IC basically slapped all that investment work right in the face, and said - could you please do all that again now? What they should have is gear which once achieved at END GAME cap, remains at end game cap... OR, end game gear which once earned, continues to level with you - whatever toon is wearing it... so if you earn it at VR5, great - its stats are set to VR5... move it to a VR14 character, the gear's stats are now reflective of a VR14 toon... and same for VR16... whatever... you have EARNED end game gear, it should be investment worthy, that experience, those memories you had in game of that epic journey to obtain whatever that helm or drop was to get you that Valkyn Skoria helm - finally, should stay with you! You shouldn't have to do it, again, just becasue ZoS now decided to bump up levels... or because you weren't at level cap, when you finally managed to receive the RNG drop. Eliminating the grind and rewarding the memories, the immersioin and the INVESTMENT will go A LONG way to reward players, the experience, and add to the joy this game is capable of generating. The more they focus on "PLEASE DO IT AGAIN..." the less interest anyone will have in doing, just that..."

IC went a LONG way, to ruin just about every aspect of the game, from every direction imaginable... unless, you just like to grind and doing the same things you already have done.

Just my take.
    NA, PS4, vr13-DE Maj DK, vr9-HE Maj Sorc, vr1-Kaj Stam NB
    Knowledge is Power
  • k2blader
    k2blader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did not vote because there was no option for:

-What PvP in IC?
    Disabling the grass may improve performance.
  • MercyKilling
    MercyKilling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Voted, but biased. I hate PvP in general, so this addition is something I just don't like at the basics.
    I am not spending a single penny on the game until changes are made to the game that I want to see.
    1) Remove having to be in a guild to sell items to other players at a kiosk.
    2) Cosmetic modding for armor and clothing.
    3) Difficulty slider.
    4) Fully customizable player housing that isn't tied to anything in the game other than having the correct resources and enough gold to build. Don't tie it to PvP, guild membership, or anything at all. Oh, make it instanced so as not to take up world map space, too. Zeni screwed this one up already.
    Any /one/ of these things implemented would get me spending again, maybe even subbing.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    On a scale of 1 to 13 it's getting better. I went from totally hating it to ... occasionally really getting into it.

Didn't really see a choice that represented that.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • JDar
    JDar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZoS committed the ultimate sin of MMO's which is they forced people to change what they had been doing every night for months, and this is why there is the anger. IC is a great new zone and the game is far far better than it was before. Unfortunately that is lost on most people.
  • NordJitsu
    NordJitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Soulac wrote: »
    NordJitsu wrote: »
    Balance is the best it's been since launch, so Cyrodil is more fun.

IC city is the type of small scale PvP I've been craving, so it's a huge step in the right direction.

Do we play the same game?
    Balance is upper *** and small scale barely exist inside Cyro / IC / Sewers
    You're most likely to find small-scale outside of IC..

Every time I roam the districts I'm able to find 2-3 enemy players. If I'm alone, I'll wait till they're engaged with Mobs. If I've got a buddy, I can have a fun fair 2v2 or 2v3.

In the sewers the fights are a bit bigger, 5v5, 5v8, etc. but still small scale most of the time.

That's been my experience. I haven't seen small scale PvP like this since the launch of the game when people were still gathering skyshards and doing quests in Cyrodiil. I love it.

As for balance, it's a subjective thing but it seems to me like all the classes are pretty well equal. NBs have maybe a bit too much burst, but I'm personally able to handle it and they deserve to be top dog after the *** state ZOS left them in for 3-6 months after launch.
    @NordJitsu - Guild Master (Main Character = Hlaalu Idas)
    GREAT HOUSE HLAALU
  • RadioheadSh0t
    RadioheadSh0t
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are some things I like about IC.

You're more likely to find 1v1s in certain areas without being interrupted, whereas when you'd run into one person in Cyro prior, all that would happen is their whole group would show up right behind them. There was little-to-no ability to just roam the map effectively and enjoyably immediately prior to IC, now if I'm not in group, I can wander around and collect TV stones with chances to run into 1 or 2 players for a good fight often enough. I'm having as much fun playing solo as I have in at least two updates, and I'm not worried that if I engage one person that I'm not going to get rolled by some group while fighting.

On the other hand, there are a lot of things I dislike.

First: this is advertised as a PvP update. It is not. It's PVE with chances for PVP. Yeah, I can find those 1v1s, but not because we're playing PvP objectives, but because were both grindin PvE mobs. PvPers have not gotten any love from ZOS, and with nothing to look forward to. I only enjoy PvP, so another vet dungeon? Don't care. PvE Orsinium? Don't care. They haven't released their Dark Brotherhood and Theives Guild plans, but I doubt it that they'll have any sort of PvP element. Most likely Theives guild will level by stealing from NPCs and DB will level from murdering them... Sounds like a snooze-fest... They've already lost so many PvP players, who either quit before IC or after it, and if they don't add anything for the remaining players, there will be none left. Battlegrounds and/or Arenas are simply necessary at this point, and the fact that they havent announced anything about it is ridiculous. I just want to fight players. I don't want to sit between keeps to do it, or sit in a PvE area to do it. It's long, long, long overdue. Didn't they tease PvP arenas like over a year ago, and then nothing but crickets? The absolute worst part is that I think it would be incredibly fun in this game to have even, dedicated matches. Why they won't do it is beyond me... I don't care how many crowns I have to pay, give me REAL PVP @ZOS_BrianWheeler

Second: They advertised incentives for IC districts and then removed them. Big mistake. Having real incentive to control those districts could've made it fun, but nope. As you now see, most of the districts are empty. There's no incentive for players to fight each other, because after one death the opponent is worthless and if those players aren't grinding mobs, there is literally no incentive to kill them.

Third: TV stone loss. I said it in PTS, that such stiff penalties would only encourage people to only run in large group to lower their risk of losing them. If you're running by yourself, and you're doing well, all it takes is one zerg to roll you over and it's a complete waste. I run solo because I find it enjoyable, but when I do I basically stop caring if I lose my stones to a zerg, or grind in an empty district or area.

Fourth: Again with the grind? It's endless with this game. How long has it been since they said they were going to remove VR ranks - and yet they just keep adding to it. On top of that, you'd better be ready to sink significant time to grind all the gear you need for your characters. For players who have put hundreds and in many cases thousands of hours into your game, we have to do all the BS all over again just to be able to do what we bought the game for: PVP. I'm so sick of ZoS forcing PvP players to PvE. Your PvE is boring, stop forcing it on me. For someone with three v14 characters going into 1.7, the thought of even gearing two of them in IC gave me headaches.

Basically, I don't know how much longer I can imagine playing this game without some glimmer of hope for REAL PvP, not this PvE grind crap with a chance of PvP - where you can't PvP without worrying about mobs and bosses.

Kill or be killed, that's all I want. Group and solo. I don't even care if there are zero rewards, the utility I'd get from just fighting even numbers in a.controlled environment will be more than enough.
    Aldonius Direnni - Vet Altmer Sorc (AD)
    Tyrus Telvanni - Vet Dunmer DK (AD)
    Al Donius Bundy - Vet Imperial NB (AD)
    Aldonius Brutus - Vet Orc DK (DC)
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not good at writing WOTs with fancy words but I agree with all of the complaints in this thread. I hope these efforts worth something someday and we get some attention form devs.
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • nikolaj.lemcheb16_ESO
    nikolaj.lemcheb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I predicted on the pts board that IC would hurt pvp but few believed me back then.

The sins of IC are:

First is the vet level increase and the huge power creep in v16 gear forcing everyone to abandon all the many old variable builds they had for a very limited number of new builds making the game a lot less interesting.

Second is the player loot system of telvar stones which is a community killer since it promotes the worst kind of behavior in players. It encourages ganking and zerging and make people not help each other. And it makes PVE players hate pvp even more than before.

Third the gated access failure. IC were meant to put an extra dimension to Cyrodiil warfare where gating where meant to encurage realm wide cooperation to gain access to IC. But they abandoned this except for a minor server where one realm already dominated.
    And even if you opened IC for a while then it is pointless because you cannot push the other side out of IC. If you kill a player while entrance s barred he can still just rez inside and come back which defeats the whole point of gating.

Last there is no pvp structure in IC. It is mindless farming with occasional pvp combat. There are no goals and no ability to take over the city. It is a big public dungeon with the possibility of being ganked.

One good thing though is that the update have been a great revival for us crafters. The reason is that the dropped sets in there is so incredible rare and difficult to get, that no one seriously work towards then, plus the telvar sets are really bad unless you get insanely lucky with the random boxes. But everyone need v16 gear to stay competitive so the only option is to go to your local crafter for gear. :blush:
  • Artis
    Artis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't describe how I hate that I lose telvar stones. This is just stupid. Just tonight, some nice small group pvp was going in memorial district and even though I'm new I managed to survive for a while and got like 1.6k stones - then some zerg came from around the corner - all lost. After that accumulated 1k, we got attacked by another zerg while having fun 3v3. It's just ridiculous. Spent maybe 5 hours overall (some in sewers before that, lost all stones there too, to a zerg, went to IC itself hoping it would be better there), and got pretty much zero reward. Like maybe 100 stones?

This is just so not fun and it does ruin mood and discourages coming back to IC. Very bad job, ZOS. This system is a very bad job. If not that, it would be fun. I kinda even liked pvp now when I tried it.. But.. It really is not possible for players like me to get any reasonable amount of the stones and what's worse is that someone else takes everything you worked on (zerg splits it). So right now it really feels like 5 hours(entire night?) was wasted.

You should do something about it. Making a few thousands telvar stones and losing all of it (except for 1-3 hundreds).. It's not a fun experience, not something that makes anyone want to come back. Change it. Yesterday.
  • Mordenkainen
    Mordenkainen
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sometimes a bit like this:

4db.gif