The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Rate your PvP Experience (IC update)

FireCowCommando
FireCowCommando
✭✭✭✭✭
All of us have different things we either like, or dislike from this patch. Rather than focusing on the specifics I will instead ask you how much enjoyment you are getting out of your PvP experience since the update.

If you are a player who only enjoys the thrill of killing the NPC's inside of Imperial City, for the purpose of this poll your opinions absolutely apply.

This includes both Cyrodiil and inside of Imperial City combined.
Edited by FireCowCommando on September 28, 2015 2:43PM

Rate your PvP Experience (IC update) 246 votes

5. I am enjoying it far more! Good job ZoS.
11% 28 votes
4. Its fun, I have few complaints.
19% 48 votes
3. About the same
2% 7 votes
2. Its not as good, but i still like aspects of it
37% 92 votes
1. I dislike this update, and rarely spend time there.
28% 71 votes
  • Soulac
    Soulac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Can I rate with negative numbers?
    R.I.P Dawnbreaker / Auriel´s Bow
    Member of the Arena Guild and the overpowered Banana Squad.
    Nathaerizh aka Cat - Nightblade V16 - EU

- Meow -
  • FireCowCommando
    FireCowCommando
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soulac wrote: »
    Can I rate with negative numbers?

Lol, I am sorry friend but no :smile:

I just wanted to get a pulse on how much the community enjoys these changes

If you want, consider 3 to be zero. That allows you to vote -2 with the 1 option! Forum PvP continues!
    Edited by FireCowCommando on September 28, 2015 3:00PM
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IC combat can be fun, but due to the number of campaigns and influx of PvE players we just have buff campaigns and wastelands of Cyrodiil.

Finding serious PvP on a 24/7 basic for a large PvP guild like mine is proving pretty hard.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • hammayolettuce
    hammayolettuce
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In theory, I like the new content and I had a blast playing in IC on the PTS (I even played my DK). However, it's now virtually impossible to find good fights because IC is a barren wasteland with the occasional full raid of PvErs running through to do quests.

I'm not sure how to rate this. The potential was there, but the new content was poorly implemented.
    Snü (Magicka DK) ♥ Thnu (Stamplar) ♥ Pizza for Breakfast (Magplar) ♥ Sparklefingers (Magicka Sorc) ♥
    Bean and Cheese Burrito (Magicka DK) ♥ Snurrito (Stamplar) ♥
    DARFAL COVANT
  • FireCowCommando
    FireCowCommando
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    IC combat can be fun, but due to the number of campaigns and influx of PvE players we just have buff campaigns and wastelands of Cyrodiil.

Finding serious PvP on a 24/7 basic for a large PvP guild like mine is proving pretty hard.

Your not alone, even on Ps4 Console the players that i talk with cross faction have described their PvP guilds as 'dead' since the update.
    Edited by FireCowCommando on September 28, 2015 5:07PM
  • _Chaos
    _Chaos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IC is a PVE grind, and Cyrodiil is empty. It's killed motivation for a lot of close guildies, and effectively ruined raid nights on a consistent basis.

Now, if they only had 2 vet campaigns and increased population caps by 200/faction, I would give this update 4 stars out of 5!
    'Chaos
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »

Your not alone, even on Ps4 Console the players that i talk with cross faction have described their PvP guilds as 'dead' since the update.

Since IC came out, my guild groups got much bigger than it has been for the past 4-5months.
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
    • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
    • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Introduce dynamic population
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Bring resurrection sickness
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This poll really needs an option like "I hate this update, and spend all my time there."
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • BOLTERITY
    BOLTERITY
    ✭✭✭
    or an option, where this update is the very worse yet...
    Bolterity's Youtube!!
    youtube.com/dashboard?o=U
  • hammayolettuce
    hammayolettuce
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Too many drastic changes at once. If minor changes were rolled out over the course of a few weeks then player feedback would be more consistent and positive feedback could be conveyed instead of the bashing after every major change. If they would actually listen to the player base this game could be the one to rule them all. Instead they don't actually listen and /lurk or say they'll respond soon with an update and don't or like 99% of the time let threads get to 10+ pages before and actual employee responds with information. 9/10 times a Z next to the thread is a mod saying play nice.

I can't imagine how many bans have been given out on this forum from the hardcore policing and not allowing frustrated players show their frustration. All of these things add up and create all of this negative momentum towards you Zos and its reached the point no matter what you do it won't be reverted only bandaided.
    Snü (Magicka DK) ♥ Thnu (Stamplar) ♥ Pizza for Breakfast (Magplar) ♥ Sparklefingers (Magicka Sorc) ♥
    DARFAL COVANT
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Too many drastic changes at once. If minor changes were rolled out over the course of a few weeks then player feedback would be more consistent and positive feedback could be conveyed instead of the bashing after every major change. If they would actually listen to the player base this game could be the one to rule them all. Instead they don't actually listen and /lurk or say they'll respond soon with an update and don't or like 99% of the time let threads get to 10+ pages before and actual employee responds with information. 9/10 times a Z next to the thread is a mod saying play nice.

I can't imagine how many bans have been given out on this forum from the hardcore policing and not allowing frustrated players show their frustration. All of these things add up and create all of this negative momentum towards you Zos and its reached the point no matter what you do it won't be reverted only bandaided.

I see it the other way around actually. I think that this patch is the one that prouve that Zenimax really listened to customer's feedback this time.

- They nerfed dodge rolling / streaking.
    - They released PvP vendors with tokens.
    - They increased the TTK.
    - They brought alot of new sets.
    - They fixed alot of performance issues.

I could keep going but I'm dead tired atm. Yes alot of those changes could have been implemented better but it still a good way in the right direction and a proof that they do listen to our feedbacks.

Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
    • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
    • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Introduce dynamic population
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Bring resurrection sickness
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • hammayolettuce
    hammayolettuce
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    frozywozy wrote: »

I see it the other way around actually. I think that this patch is the one that prouve that Zenimax really listened to customer's feedback this time.

- They nerfed dodge rolling / streaking.
    - They released PvP vendors with tokens.
    - They increased the TTK.
    - They brought alot of new sets.
    - They fixed alot of performance issues.

I could keep going but I'm dead tired atm. Yes alot of those changes could have been implemented better but it still a good way in the right direction and a proof that they do listen to our feedbacks.

Yes a lot of the changes were steps in the right direction but hit the exact point I was making.. They were all far too drastic. Instead of making incremental changes they took huge leaps. The token system with tel var stones is also incredibly lacking as it is pure rng still and doesn't allow for purchase of what you want exactly.
    DARFAL COVANT
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think this update may be the one that finally cures me of my ESO addiction.

I've spent the past week playing, reflecting and contemplating, continually asking myself "Am I having fun?". There are brief moments...when there is some real PvP occurring, something that recaptures a piece of the my past enjoyment, those moments have kept me logging in for the most part....that and my friends in the game.

When I'm not with friends and try to play the game for enjoyment by myself (something I've always been able to do in the past) I just find myself incredibly bored. I feel like I am looking up at a mountain of grinds in order to get to rare moments where I'm actually enjoying myself.

Must grind undaunted dailies to unlock undaunted passives
    Must grind IC for deconstruction mats.
    Must grind champion points to stay competitive
    Must grind AP to unlock assault/support 10

The list goes on...

Grinding for upgrade mats, Writs (shudder), Motifs etc.

It's all just incredibly....not fun. Most of the time I find myself nodding off at my keyboard.

I spent last night playing another game and I found myself actually enjoying my evening of playing and looking forward to it again tonight.

Imperial City has many good things going for it. It is a beautiful zone with a ton of lore and history and it fixed many of the issues that have been plaguing the game in the past. But it is not alas a PvP update in any respect IMO and it is killing off an already ailing PvP community.

I'm not sure what they can do to fix this TBH.
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • bosmern_ESO
    bosmern_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZoS: "we dont want to release any pvp updates that will kill pvp in cyordiil"

First pvp update- kills almost all pvp in the game.

Was fun, the memories of 1.0-1.5 will always be there though...
    ~Thallen~
  • TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ezareth wrote: »

I've spent the past week playing, reflecting and contemplating, continually asking myself "Am I having fun?". There are brief moments...when there is some real PvP occurring, something that recaptures a piece of the my past enjoyment, those moments have kept me logging in for the most part....that and my friends in the game.

When I'm not with friends and try to play the game for enjoyment by myself (something I've always been able to do in the past) I just find myself incredibly bored. I feel like I am looking up at a mountain of grinds in order to get to rare moments where I'm actually enjoying myself.

The list goes on...

It's all just incredibly....not fun. Most of the time I find myself nodding off at my keyboard.

I spent last night playing another game and I found myself actually enjoying my evening of playing and looking forward to it again tonight.

Imperial City has many good things going for it. It is a beautiful zone with a ton of lore and history and it fixed many of the issues that have been plaguing the game in the past. But it is not alas a PvP update in any respect IMO and it is killing off an already ailing PvP community.

Yeah this patch killed my ESO addiction. My girlfriend is very happy about the situation.
    Current Guilds: Fantasia
    Former Guilds: Decibel, Hagnado, Lemon Party

PC/NA
    T-Bois (Stam Sorc since 1.4) - AD
    An Unsettling Snowball (Templar) - AD
    Bosquecito (Stam Sorc) - DC
    Peti-T-Bois (Stamden) - AD

Youtube
  • hammayolettuce
    hammayolettuce
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The list goes on...

Yeah this patch killed my ESO addiction. My girlfriend is very happy about the situation.

Even players like Asgari are over PvP now. He was just telling me how hes stuck homed to TF and that new locked server and they have poor DC presence during almost all of the day and its 1v5+ almost every fight and with dmg being nerfed so much its hard to cope with trying to kill 2 people let alone 3+.

They hurt the small scale pvp waaay to much this update.
    DARFAL COVANT
  • aco5712
    aco5712
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The zerg is even bigger now on EP but that just means a bigger challenge for us to fight them. Alot harder now though and there is no AD presence anywhere but Trueflame so its kinda not that fun just fighting the mass EP.
    Banned for Naming and Shaming exploiters. Great ideology ZOS.
    #FreeLeo

Main: Vir Cor | Dragonknight
    Alt: Leo Cor | Nightblade
    Alt: Leonidas Cor | Templar

Guild: K-Hole
    Youtube: CorESO
    DK PvP Tank/DPS Hybrid Build (2.1+): Cor Leonis
  • hammayolettuce
    hammayolettuce
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    aco5712 wrote: »
    The zerg is even bigger now on EP but that just means a bigger challenge for us to fight them. Alot harder now though and there is no AD presence anywhere but Trueflame so its kinda not that fun just fighting the mass EP.

Yeah, a bunch of us are stuck on TF and its raids on top of raids just flipping emp everyday over and over between AD and EP. Its almost impossible to accomplish anything now in PvP.
    Edited by hammayolettuce on September 28, 2015 11:26PM
    DARFAL COVANT
  • aco5712
    aco5712
    ✭✭✭✭✭

When I'm not with friends and try to play the game for enjoyment by myself (something I've always been able to do in the past) I just find myself incredibly bored.

The want to play solo is there but i legitimately cant bring myself to do it. Over the last 4 days i have played only the time when my guild is running a group. The time i usually play solo, i log on to see who i can talk to and no one is on so i just log off and go to bed....
    Banned for Naming and Shaming exploiters. Great ideology ZOS.
    #FreeLeo

Main: Vir Cor | Dragonknight
    Alt: Leo Cor | Nightblade
    Alt: Leonidas Cor | Templar

Guild: K-Hole
    Youtube: CorESO
    DK PvP Tank/DPS Hybrid Build (2.1+): Cor Leonis
  • TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The list goes on...

Even players like Asgari are over PvP now. He was just telling me how hes stuck homed to TF and that new locked server and they have poor DC presence during almost all of the day and its 1v5+ almost every fight and with dmg being nerfed so much its hard to cope with trying to kill 2 people let alone 3+.

They hurt the small scale pvp waaay to much this update.

It would be interesting to see a graph of playtime vs time (like regular time) for those who play a lot. I remember checking my playtime 3 months after release and I had played for a month. I'm sure my playtime in the past three months would be much less than that.
    Current Guilds: Fantasia
    Former Guilds: Decibel, Hagnado, Lemon Party

PC/NA
    T-Bois (Stam Sorc since 1.4) - AD
    An Unsettling Snowball (Templar) - AD
    Bosquecito (Stam Sorc) - DC
    Peti-T-Bois (Stamden) - AD

Youtube
  • Imdrefan
    Imdrefan
    ✭✭✭

The list goes on...

These are my thoughts exactly. I see this unclimbable mountain of grinding ahead of me and my current gear just isn't cutting it right now. Every time I log in and I have no one to group with, I start looking for other games to play. Everyone says this is an MMO and you should be playing with other people, but for me, most of the time it's not feasible and this update has killed solo play for me.
    Drefan - VR14 AD Templar
    Decibel
    Dark Flare to the Face
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm done. I keep lurking the forums and considering logging in but I never do it because I know the game is so much worse than it could have been. Sad.

rip decibel
  • ThyIronFist
    ThyIronFist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    −273.

Absolute zero. So low that every time I think of what the potential the PvP in this game could've had a part of my brain just freezes completely and dies.
    The Elder Zergs Online
    Sainur Ironfist - DK - EU - Ebonheart Pact
    Retired
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a shame, but this game gets worse as time goes on.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • Poxheart
    Poxheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The list goes on...

It's pretty much killed my interest in ESO, too. Which is a good thing because today was the first day of my grad school classes. Between that & a full time job I've got no time for ESO.
    Unsubbed and no longer playing, but still checking the Alliance War forum for the lulz.

Pox Dragon Knight
    Poxheart Nightblade
    The Murder Hobo Dragon Knight - Blackwater Blade
    Knights of the WhiteWolf
  • NordJitsu
    NordJitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Balance is the best it's been since launch, so Cyrodil is more fun.

IC city is the type of small scale PvP I've been craving, so it's a huge step in the right direction.
    @NordJitsu - Guild Master (Main Character = Hlaalu Idas)
    GREAT HOUSE HLAALU
  • Artis
    Artis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't like grind.
    I don't getting killed and losing everything.
    It's been a month since update. I only got around 5k tel var stones that I managed to get to the bank. Absolutely not proportional to time that I spent.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IC is a PVE grind, and Cyrodiil is empty. It's killed motivation for a lot of close guildies, and effectively ruined raid nights on a consistent basis.

Now, if they only had 2 vet campaigns and increased population caps by 200/faction, I would give this update 4 stars out of 5!

I agree. Empty campaigns with no action to be found (especially for small grp and solo players) is the main problem. Players in IC should either not count towards the cyrodiil cap (and porting out of the sewers therefor port you out of cyrodiil) or they have to raise popcaps significantly alongside removing atleast 4 campaigns.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• SleepyTroll
    SleepyTroll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS thought people were actually going to stick around and play the game. Sorry ZOS but it's time to close some campaigns and give a reason to be in cyrodill I.e. Gated access. I almost don't even care if you give the pvers their own little place to play, just give us back cyrodill.
    Also why the he'll does IC count against the campaign pop when it literally has nothing to do with mainland cyrodill? Gated access or there's no point.
    Edited by SleepyTroll on September 29, 2015 7:26AM
  • Soulac
    Soulac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    NordJitsu wrote: »
    Balance is the best it's been since launch, so Cyrodil is more fun.

IC city is the type of small scale PvP I've been craving, so it's a huge step in the right direction.

Do we play the same game?
    Balance is upper *** and small scale barely exist inside Cyro / IC / Sewers
    You're most likely to find small-scale outside of IC..
    R.I.P Dawnbreaker / Auriel´s Bow
    Member of the Arena Guild and the overpowered Banana Squad.
    Nathaerizh aka Cat - Nightblade V16 - EU

- Meow -