Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Forum username suffixes

chipz88b14_ESO
Anyone know what's up with the forum username suffixes? E.g. I have a suffix of b14_eso. I can only guess that means I signed up during the 14th beta, but I really have no idea...
  • Alyrn_Grey
    Alyrn_Grey
    ✭✭✭
    When your forum account was first created it was automated and you didn't get a choice on it. All of those ended with ESO. I had one and in beta changed my forum name.
  • chipz88b14_ESO
    How did you change your username? I found the edit profile page, but the username input is disabled. I suppose I could be a turd and hack the HTML to test their security, but I usually shy away from things like that...
  • Sarenia
    Sarenia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Used to be in Edit Profile.

It appears they did indeed disable that.

They've been on a rampage making the forum as unenjoyable as possible. First they disabled custom avatars, then they disabled images in signatures, now changing names is disabled.

Next I imagine they'll limit us to one post per hour.
    Edited by Sarenia on April 5, 2014 4:06AM
    [beta_group_85b_9]
  • chipz88b14_ESO
    Interesting. It makes sense that they would want to prevent you from changing your username, though.

To the original question - does anyone know the meaning of the suffix? I believe Alryn_Grey is correct, I didn't choose my username (I certainly wouldn't have added a weird suffix to it). I have seen others with bxx_ESO suffix and it made me curious.
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bump

does anyone figured what is it means? :D
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • ZOS_Brett
    ZOS_Brett
    ✭✭✭
    Hello chipz88b14_ESO,

While users don't have access to change their forum usernames anytime they wish it is possible to request a forum name change from the moderation team by using this thread here. As a rule we only will grant one name change per person.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited Moderation Team - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post