Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Issue with purchasing Crowns

vidinov
vidinov
Soul Shriven
Hello to all of you,

I am playing The Elder Scrolls Online. I bought the game from 3rd party - not Steam. I redeemed the key into the official site of the game. Few days ago I purchased crowns. I was redirected without the possibility to chose another option. So I decided to go for it and bought pack for crowns from Steam. Everything was fine I got confirmation mail, etc. But the crowns did not appear into the game. So I started to investigate what might be the reason for this. I am new to steam and I am kinda confused of the ... way to buy in-game currencies.

After reading and so on, I found out that the problem is because my game is not into the Game Library of my Steam account. I submitted ticket to the 3rd party reseller to ask them what kind of key is the one they sold me for ESO. Still waiting for answer.

Another friend have the option to buy crowns from the vendor of the game. I don't have such option - the only option which I have is to buy crowns from Steam.

I see my order as completed into steam ( when I look into the Purchase History) but I also see: This product is not in your Steam Library.

So there are 2 questions I am wondering about:

1. May I redeem key into Steam which is already redeemed into the official game site?
2. Does the forced redirecting to Steam means that my game key is Steam one?

It would be awesome if I get any advises, tips, etc.

Thank you in advance and have a great day!
  • vidinov
    vidinov
    Soul Shriven
    Hello again,

Nobody have any tips or advises?

Thank you.
  • phbell
    phbell
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well. I too have recently purchase crowns, only to not receive them. I have been playing the game since just after release and am still a subscriber. This is not a STEAM game for me. I have purchased crowns many times in the past without any issues - always receiving the crowns right at the time of purchase - but this time it has been a week since purchase and still no crowns.

I opened a ticket with support and have gotten non-committal responses saying something about "Settlement" or some such. I have contacted my CC company and they assure me that the hold up is not on my end.

Does this sound familiar? My guess is that ZOS has some really big problems if they are unable to take purchases from customers. Hang in there. They will either fix the problems or go belly up.
  • vidinov
    vidinov
    Soul Shriven
    Hello phbell,

Did you bought the game from the vendor - Bethesda?
  • vidinov
    vidinov
    Soul Shriven
    Did you buy****