Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Crafting writs

Samphaa
Samphaa
✭✭✭
Hi guys n gals, I apologize if this is in the wrong place but I've searched n searched Google and can't find the answer or I'm not typing in the correct phrase. My question is this, my main character is lvl 50 in blacksmithing, woodworking and clothing, can I craft items on that charavter and trade them to my 2nd character to complete the writs on there? Or do I need to level up my skill lines on my alt and craft the items separately on there?

Thanks in advance

Best Answers

• Belidos
    Belidos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes as long as it is a crafted item and not a looted/stolen item.
    Answer ✓
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The writs you will get on a character are based on that character's craft skill level.

Accordingly, other than not having to shuffle some mats around (eliminated if you have them in your bank), there is no benefit from having your max level crafter make the armor/weapons requested.

In fact, your low level crafter is missing on on the (minimal but still present) crafting IP's from making the gear.

Regarding the two consumable writs, the turn in's simply have to be a crafted version of the item in question, but the writ itself will still only be to the skill level of the one that got the writ, regardless who actually makes it. The only benefit behind doing this is if you have the passives that provide extra servings for Alch/Provo. You'll basically get 4 days worth of writ material in one.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
    Answer ✓
  • Samphaa
    Samphaa
    ✭✭✭
    Awesome, thanks for your help guys!