Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Error 6? HELP!

MornaBaine
MornaBaine
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
So, since patching, any time I try to log in, before I can even get to the screen to put in my ID and password I get Error 6.
Description: Description: Clint Fatal Error
"We're sorry. The Elder Scrolls Online has quit unexpectedly."

Ummmm...what the heck am I supposed to do about this? Why did this patch totally break my game????
PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe a file corrupted while patching? Did you try a repair? (Pretty sure that will be what CS tells ya too...)
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Goldie
    Goldie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, when your client reports the "fatal error" it means that some of your game files are indeed corrupted.

Open your launcher and find the 'repair' and let it run. More than likely after it scans the game files it will identify those that are corrupt, and reinstall those files only.

Sometimes trying a 're-install' doesnt work because the same files turn up corrupted, if the client repair does not work, I would contact support and let them know the steps that you have taken to resolve the issue.

Sometimes working with support can be slow and aggravating, my advice is to be patient, eventually they will get you lined out.

Good Luck!
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves" - M'aiq the Liar
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I repaired. I restarted my computer. Both times still had the same problem. Repaired AGAIN before uninstalling and...now it works. Craziness. Thanks all.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!