Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why are the Bone Shard and Dark Ether trophy drops so good and all else are horrible?!?!

• codybrewer78b14_ESO
    Rhass wrote: »
    Seems like my buddies (a tank and a rogue) collecting the other two armor types have looted from the vaults several times now while I'm still waiting to do just my first with dark ethers and bone shards. So feel free to send those extra trophies my way lol.

Pretty certain it's based on the RNG and luck of the draw.

I play on pc.

There is a loop on the DC side of the sewers that are filled with vampires and mages. The drops for Dark Ether and Bone Shards are insane. You will usually get at least 1 or 2 per mob and sometimes more. Two hours of farming the trophies is usually sufficient for a trip to the trophy vault.
    Edited by codybrewer78b14_ESO on September 18, 2015 5:50PM
  • reften
    reften
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    These trophy drops and the RNG with turning them in is the most epic grind in an MMO since EQ jboots. So silly that one set of equipment is clearly better then any other set in the game, and there is only one way to obtain it.

So much for variety. Just cookie cutter the builds more.
    Reften
    Bosmer (Wood Elf)
    Moonlight Crew (RIP), Misfitz (RIP), Victorem Guild

VR16 NB, Stam build, Max all crafts.

Azuras & Trueflame. Mostly PvP, No alts.

Semi-retired till the lag is fixed.

Love the Packers, Bourbon, and ESO...one of those will eventually kill me.
  • Callous2208
    Callous2208
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This thread is actually pretty enlightening for me. I thought it was just rule that planar scrapes were super easy and abundant to come by because I have found stacks upon stacks just roaming around, whereas the claw and teeth grind is a nightmare. Reading through here it seems this isn't the case for everyone. I honestly did not know.
  • cazlonb16_ESO
    cazlonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The more important question to ask is why we only have THREE endgame V16 jewelry sets.

Last patch we had over 15 and there was tons of build diversity.

Damage control to put it bluntly, limiting the fallout of scrapping soft caps. Removing them was without a question the most damaging decision in regards to pvp in the history of this game. To be fair, very few, if any, players saw that coming either, but then again we aren't getting paid to do so.

Stacking two full sets plus a 2 set bonus plus cp clearly broke the system. This was only possible because of armour + jewelry sets, so ZOS in their typical fashion put on a band aid "fix" ... It will last only till more people get 1k+ cp of course.
  • IKilled007
    IKilled007
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's just my luck that I would make a tank and a stamina DPS for my main characters and the most difficult V16 jewelry sets to get are for tanking and stamina!! Meanwhile the magicka sets are everywhere! Just look at the price difference between the magicka vs. stamina jewelry! The drop rates are so bad that I've resorted to leveling my magicka DPS character in hopes that I will one day get to use V16 gear.

Dude, ZOS has made it quite clear since beta that you can play your way, but that their preference is everyone wear skirts and sticks. I think the devs grew up watching Harry Potter or something. Skirt/stick magicka builds will always get the best treatment in this game.
    Edited by IKilled007 on September 18, 2015 6:23PM
    The only substitute for victory is overkill.
  • IKilled007
    IKilled007
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dyride wrote: »
    Stam DPS PVP and PVE and I run Endurance jewelry. I just make sure they are Robust and enchant for weapon damage, works really well for me since I want health and regen in my build somewere.

Plus I got all my jewelry in 3 days instead of some people that are still waiting on their agility pieces.

Yup. Endurance was cheap so I am running the 3 piece jewelry also specced for wep damage while I wait for my agility jewelry.
    The only substitute for victory is overkill.
  • Elder_III
    Elder_III
    ✭✭✭✭
    The more important question to ask is why we only have THREE endgame V16 jewelry sets.

Exactly --- they NEED to make all sets in the game drop up to VR16. That would give us so much diversity and make choosing your gear fun again instead of forcing everyone into the same cookie cutter.
    Semi retired from the trading aspects of the game.
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Damage control to put it bluntly, limiting the fallout of scrapping soft caps. Removing them was without a question the most damaging decision in regards to pvp in the history of this game. To be fair, very few, if any, players saw that coming either, but then again we aren't getting paid to do so.

Stacking two full sets plus a 2 set bonus plus cp clearly broke the system. This was only possible because of armour + jewelry sets, so ZOS in their typical fashion put on a band aid "fix" ... It will last only till more people get 1k+ cp of course.
    [Emphasis added]

I cannot agree more with the emphasized part. The blame however, falls completely on the champion system. While you can get strong damage out of min/maxing set pieces, having 20% more weapon damage by maxing out "mighty" in the champion system makes it ridiculous. Gear diversity is yet another casualty of the champion system which is slowly destroying the game.

Here are the casualties of the champion system/removal of softcaps so far.

Shield nerf - was never an issue in 1.5. Would have never been a problem without bastion/magicka stacking
    Dodge rolling nerf - Stamina cost reduction, tumbling passive, mooncalf - all in champion system.
    Block nerf - Permablock was fixed in 1.6 would have been fine if not for champion system
    Bolt escape nerf - same thing with dodge roll nerf but with magicka cost/regen.
    Gear diversity - Now limited by ZOS because the champion system gives so much extra damage/resources

To avoid ridiculous extreme builds, the controls have to go somewhere. But ZOS removed all the controls that were on attributes (softcaps), so now, they have to individually put arbitrary controls on gear, game mechanics (dodge, block), and individual skills (shields, bolt).

The champion system is only going to become more influencial as people grind more CP. They will have to put more and more controls on abilities and mechanics and restrict gear choice even further. This is only going to get worse until the MMO without cooldowns becomes another MMO with cooldowns. All because of the champion system.

Which do you want? The champion system? Complete with continual nerfs on game mechanics and skill/ability cooldowns?

Or a limited amount of resources/damage/regen and the ability to build for whatever roll you want (which is already limited by 7 armor slots, 3 jewelry slots, and up to 2 weapon slots(per bar).
    Edited by Yolokin_Swagonborn on September 19, 2015 12:41AM
  • JDar
    JDar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's that you say? Stamina is getting the short end of the stick? Let me find my violin...might take me a while. After all it is the world's smallest.
  • CtrlAltDlt
    CtrlAltDlt
    ✭✭✭
    It is bad enough that the rng for agility rings is aweful, on top of that the drop rate of Monstrous Tooth is horrible. PLEASE PLEASE increase the drop rate of agility trophies, what is up with the drop rate disparity compared to the other trophies??

I
    PC NA - jeazzy

stamblade outnumbered pvp vol 1. youtu.be/h1ONYfpAJJ8
    Stamblade outbumbered pvp vol 2. No cheese youtu.be/rN4_aRVMvWw
  • Malyck
    Malyck
    ✭✭✭
    Is there a mapping of what trophies drop which items? I have only collected planar scraps and bloody claws so far, so I have not seen what the other trophy vaults drop.
  • Master_Kas
    Master_Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Malyck wrote: »
    Is there a mapping of what trophies drop which items? I have only collected planar scraps and bloody claws so far, so I have not seen what the other trophy vaults drop.

Bloody Claw||Monstrious Tooth = agilty

Bone Shard || Dark Ether = willpower

Planar + Mark of legion = Endurance
    EU | PC
  • Malyck
    Malyck
    ✭✭✭
    Master_Kas wrote: »
    Malyck wrote: »

Bloody Claw||Monstrious Tooth = agilty

Bone Shard || Dark Ether = willpower

Planar + Mark of legion = Endurance

Thanks!
  • Aunatar
    Aunatar
    ✭✭✭
    Master_Kas wrote: »

This is so true. 3 endgame v16 jewerly sets? ZOS you want build diversity? Yea right :trollface:

"We added new set that will promote more hybrid builds" Yeah zeni!! :'D
    @Aunatar
    V16 Sorcerer - Aunatar
    V16 DK - Aunatarans (Currently main)
    V16 DK - Aunatar Evereth
    V16 DK - Aunataran
    V16 NB - Aunatars
    V4 Templar - Lysindel
    Lvl 30 NB - Vile Aunataroni De Pipino
    Free spot, looking for suggestions
  • Geemarc
    Geemarc
    ✭✭✭
    I play as AD on EU PS4 mainly farming in the sewers and the drop rate seems fairly even (monster teeth drops are lower for me but that could just be RNG).

So far:

Blood Claws 75
    Bone shards 59
    Dark Ether 42
    Mark of Legion 56
    Monster tooth 13
    Planer Armor Scraps 83
  • codybrewer78b14_ESO
    Geemarc wrote: »
    I play as AD on EU PS4 mainly farming in the sewers and the drop rate seems fairly even (monster teeth drops are lower for me but that could just be RNG).

So far:

Blood Claws 75
    Bone shards 59
    Dark Ether 42
    Mark of Legion 56
    Monster tooth 13
    Planer Armor Scraps 83

Can you tell me where you get most of your Bloody Claw drops at?
  • codybrewer78b14_ESO
    So the patch notes say that they increased the drop rate of Bloody Claws and Monstrous Teeth. I just spent 2 hours farming Daedroth, Clanfear, Harvesters, and Ogrims in the sewers and Have 9 Bloody Claws and 0 Monstrous teeth to show for it. Did they only increase the drop rate for certain areas of IC or is this a flat out lie?
  • sagitter
    sagitter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So the patch notes say that they increased the drop rate of Bloody Claws and Monstrous Teeth. I just spent 2 hours farming Daedroth, Clanfear, Harvesters, and Ogrims in the sewers and Have 9 Bloody Claws and 0 Monstrous teeth to show for it. Did they only increase the drop rate for certain areas of IC or is this a flat out lie?

About 45 min farming that mobs and only 1 bloody claw. Seems like nothing has changed.
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IKilled007 wrote: »
    It's just my luck that I would make a tank and a stamina DPS for my main characters and the most difficult V16 jewelry sets to get are for tanking and stamina!! Meanwhile the magicka sets are everywhere! Just look at the price difference between the magicka vs. stamina jewelry! The drop rates are so bad that I've resorted to leveling my magicka DPS character in hopes that I will one day get to use V16 gear.

Dude, ZOS has made it quite clear since beta that you can play your way, but that their preference is everyone wear skirts and sticks. I think the devs grew up watching Harry Potter or something. Skirt/stick magicka builds will always get the best treatment in this game.

This is the most false thing I've ever read on these forums. Since late 2014, ZOS has RELENTLESSLY buffed stamina builds and nerfed magicka. The result of this is that I get hit with Wrecking Blows for 10K or even 12K in IC, but my Crystal Frags NEVER do that much damage, no matter what I sacrifice to stack spell damage.

Stamina builds get MORE damage, MORE crit, MORE regen and MORE armor. And you're still complaining? LOL.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Legedric
    Legedric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The drop rates are still way too low... 1 hour of farming zombies got me like 20 Ether and 15 Shards, 1 hour of farming deadroth, Clanfear etc. got me 3 Claws and 0 Teeth...

Sounds as bad as it was before 2.1.7 to me.
    Legedric the Flamedancer ► - Redguard Dragon Knight
    Legedric the Stormdancer ► - Altmer Sorcerer
    Legedric the Sundancer ► - Altmer Templar

EU | DRUCKWELLE - Retter des Kaiserreiches
  • CtrlAltDlt
    CtrlAltDlt
    ✭✭✭
    Ag
    Legedric wrote: »
    The drop rates are still way too low... 1 hour of farming zombies got me like 20 Ether and 15 Shards, 1 hour of farming deadroth, Clanfear etc. got me 3 Claws and 0 Teeth...

Sure seems that way :(
    PC NA - jeazzy

stamblade outnumbered pvp vol 1. youtu.be/h1ONYfpAJJ8
    Stamblade outbumbered pvp vol 2. No cheese youtu.be/rN4_aRVMvWw
  • tist
    tist
    ✭✭✭
    Why I started selling my bones/ether. Made over 200k and just bought my arcane rings.
  • sagitter
    sagitter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Legedric wrote: »

Yeah , that's is what i was talking about in another thread, and that's why agility items are rarest than willpower.It's not a fairplay between stamina and magicka.
  • Legedric
    Legedric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You only need to look at the prices to see the difference... Magicka rings with Arcane go for 200k right now and Stamina rings with perfect trait go for 550k+...
    Legedric the Flamedancer ► - Redguard Dragon Knight
    Legedric the Stormdancer ► - Altmer Sorcerer
    Legedric the Sundancer ► - Altmer Templar

EU | DRUCKWELLE - Retter des Kaiserreiches