Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why are the Bone Shard and Dark Ether trophy drops so good and all else are horrible?!?!

codybrewer78b14_ESO
It's just my luck that I would make a tank and a stamina DPS for my main characters and the most difficult V16 jewelry sets to get are for tanking and stamina!! Meanwhile the magicka sets are everywhere! Just look at the price difference between the magicka vs. stamina jewelry! The drop rates are so bad that I've resorted to leveling my magicka DPS character in hopes that I will one day get to use V16 gear.
  • Callous2208
    Callous2208
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    In my experience the endurance drops are waaaay easier to come by. Not sure if you're talking console or pc, but on pc people are asking 2 planars per 1 monstrous tooth or claw now in trade. The only thing I see on guild stores is the planar and sometimes a legion mark or two.
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ALL I WANT IS SOME FREAKING PLANAR ARMOR SCRAPS TuT ....................
  • Callous2208
    Callous2208
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Is this pc or console? Reason I ask is out of curiosity because on pc you can barely give planars away anymore. Everyone is asking 2 planars per 1 claw, tooth. I myself farm nearly 3 times as many scraps as any other trophy, even when I'm not specifically focusing on them. Also if it's pc/na, I will give you what scraps I have left. :)
  • Leon119
    Leon119
    ✭✭✭✭
    wait. people actually want endurance set ? 0.0 why ?!?! its horrible...
    extra hp sure and stamina regen when blocking makes ur regen 0.
    sure, real useful.

armor master and footman is the way to go with a monster helm set like malubeth engine guardian or lord warden dusk. maybe others not sure
  • Freeman
    Freeman
    ✭✭✭
    Just trade the trophies you do get with other people for the ones you want.....
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, the trophy drops are messed up. They seem to have decided that certain mob types drop certain trophies with no thought given to the population of those mobs. So the mobs that drop Dark Ether and Bone Shards come in large groups where you can pull dozens at a time, while the Bloody Claw and Monster Teeth mobs are few and far between. The in-game economy is getting seriously distorted by this.
  • nikolaj.lemcheb16_ESO
    nikolaj.lemcheb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have now gotten 10 willpower items.... not ONE of them have been arcane!!!

I think it is intentional that arcane on willpower is extremely rare.
  • Tavore1138
    Tavore1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I *think* drops are linked to the overland areas (somewhat more random in the sewers) so depending on your alliance area you will see more of some than others, I base this on getting nothing but Legion and Planar when I go to my 'home' areas around the DC sewer entrances but if I venture into enemy zones then I see drops from the other ones... as I want agility pieces mainly this is not good as I have to venture out of the home zones to get them.

I suspect it's a bit like the only sea fishing spot in Cyro being at the yellow gate - no-one stopped to consider the implications of how the thing would work once real players started playing the content... or they assumed all 3 sets would be equally desirable - had to know which.
    GM - Malazan
    Raid Leader - Hungry Wolves
    Legio Mortuum
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The more important question to ask is why we only have THREE endgame V16 jewelry sets.

Last patch we had over 15 and there was tons of build diversity.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Wow... I'm on PC NA and getting planar scraps much more often than I get anything else.

Granted, for me that means I'm up to a whopping 12, but still.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Freeman wrote: »

That does not solve the problem of the trophies dropping at very different rates. It is like if 25% of births were boys and 75% of births were girls. You can only trade so much before it becomes obvious that supply and demand are out of whack.
  • CtrlAltDlt
    CtrlAltDlt
    ✭✭✭
    I agree, its been a painful grind trying to get an agility ring.
    PC NA - jeazzy

stamblade outnumbered pvp vol 1. youtu.be/h1ONYfpAJJ8
    Stamblade outbumbered pvp vol 2. No cheese youtu.be/rN4_aRVMvWw
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I *think* drops are linked to the overland areas (somewhat more random in the sewers) so depending on your alliance area you will see more of some than others, I base this on getting nothing but Legion and Planar when I go to my 'home' areas around the DC sewer entrances but if I venture into enemy zones then I see drops from the other ones... as I want agility pieces mainly this is not good as I have to venture out of the home zones to get them.

It cannot be a factor of home areas. That would result in one faction getting more Willpower gear and one faction getting more Agility gear and so on, but at a game wide level it would even out. However, the extreme difference in price at guild traders for Willpower gear versus Agility gear points to this being a problem for all factions. Guild traders are not tied to factions and sell to everyone. There is simply far less Agility gear entering the game than Willpower.
  • Xjcon
    Xjcon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It depends on which faction, DC seems to have a better area to grind for Dark Ether then the other 2 factions. Im able to farm up claws and planar scraps really easy but when I got to try to farm for Dark ether I end up being ganked and having to make the trip all over again. If only I could just offer up all the stones in my inventory to those gankers so that maybe I could just grind for my trophys LOL....JK.
    Briza Do'urdenx V16 Dunmer DK
    Jcon V16 Orc DK
    Vierna Do'urdenx V16 Bosmer NB
    Jarlaxle Baenrex V16 Dunmer NB
  • Xjcon
    Xjcon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »

It cannot be a factor of home areas. That would result in one faction getting more Willpower gear and one faction getting more Agility gear and so on, but at a game wide level it would even out. However, the extreme difference in price at guild traders for Willpower gear versus Agility gear points to this being a problem for all factions. Guild traders are not tied to factions and sell to everyone. There is simply far less Agility gear entering the game than Willpower.

There is a huge differance in the amount of people looking for the different items, healers and DPS are looking for the Willpower set while only dps is looking for the Agility set.
    Edited by Xjcon on September 18, 2015 4:10PM
    Briza Do'urdenx V16 Dunmer DK
    Jcon V16 Orc DK
    Vierna Do'urdenx V16 Bosmer NB
    Jarlaxle Baenrex V16 Dunmer NB
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Is this pc or console? Reason I ask is out of curiosity because on pc you can barely give planars away anymore. Everyone is asking 2 planars per 1 claw, tooth. I myself farm nearly 3 times as many scraps as any other trophy, even when I'm not specifically focusing on them. Also if it's pc/na, I will give you what scraps I have left. :)
    newtinmpls wrote: »

Wow... I'm on PC NA and getting planar scraps much more often than I get anything else.

Granted, for me that means I'm up to a whopping 12, but still.

PC NA and why can't I haz your luck TxT will kill 4 mobs worth of Dremora and Xyvkin and only get 1 if I am in a luck mood .
  • Freeman
    Freeman
    ✭✭✭

That does not solve the problem of the trophies dropping at very different rates. It is like if 25% of births were boys and 75% of births were girls. You can only trade so much before it becomes obvious that supply and demand are out of whack.

I've never had any issues trading shards/ether for claws/teeth after farming stacks of the former. It's easily done and I get them all traded VERY quickly.
  • Runaan
    Runaan
    ✭✭✭✭

WHAT?! I've around 100 of these and they are of no use to me, however I am in need of Willpower trophies and have only a few of them, seriously I keep getting Planar Scraps like every minute, dis RNG yo.

Runaan Fortis
    Altmer Sorcerer

Today we make our stand. Today we take back the Ruby Throne, which is ours by ancient right and the blessings of the Divines.

- A Dominion of peace. The fair and just rule of Tamriel
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Xjcon wrote: »

There is a huge differance in the amount of people looking for the different items, healers and DPS are looking for the Willpower set while only dps is looking for the Agility set.

Which makes the price difference even more bizarre. Higher demand should equal higher prices. But even with the higher demand for Willpower gear, prices are much lower than Agility. You can buy an entire 3-piece Willpower jewelry set for less than the price of a single Agility ring! That cannot be what ZOS intended.
  • codybrewer78b14_ESO
    In my experience the endurance drops are waaaay easier to come by. Not sure if you're talking console or pc, but on pc people are asking 2 planars per 1 monstrous tooth or claw now in trade. The only thing I see on guild stores is the planar and sometimes a legion mark or two.

I'm talking about actual drops. Go try farming the trophies for Endurance and then go try farming the trophies for Willpower. It's not even close. The reason you see a lot of people trading away the Endurance trophies is because it's only good for tanking and fewer people tank.
  • codybrewer78b14_ESO

Everyone is already doing this so you see multiple requests to trade Willpower and Endurance trophies for the Agility trophies. You don't see many taking the reverse.
  • codybrewer78b14_ESO
    Yeah, the trophy drops are messed up. They seem to have decided that certain mob types drop certain trophies with no thought given to the population of those mobs. So the mobs that drop Dark Ether and Bone Shards come in large groups where you can pull dozens at a time, while the Bloody Claw and Monster Teeth mobs are few and far between. The in-game economy is getting seriously distorted by this.

I agree with this, but it goes beyond the types of mobs. I have killed an enormous amount of daedric beasts to get the bloody claws and monstrous teeth. The drop rate is no where near the same as it is for dark ether and bone shards.
  • Freeman
    Freeman
    ✭✭✭

Which makes the price difference even more bizarre. Higher demand should equal higher prices. But even with the higher demand for Willpower gear, prices are much lower than Agility. You can buy an entire 3-piece Willpower jewelry set for less than the price of a single Agility ring! That cannot be what ZOS intended.

It is a free market in the game after all. They can't exactly set the prices for those items.
  • SilentFox22
    SilentFox22
    ✭✭✭
    Seems like my buddies (a tank and a rogue) collecting the other two armor types have looted from the vaults several times now while I'm still waiting to do just my first with dark ethers and bone shards. So feel free to send those extra trophies my way lol.

Pretty certain it's based on the RNG and luck of the draw.

I play on pc.
  • Master_Kas
    Master_Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The more important question to ask is why we only have THREE endgame V16 jewelry sets.

Last patch we had over 15 and there was tons of build diversity.

This is so true. 3 endgame v16 jewerly sets? ZOS you want build diversity? Yea right :trollface:
    Edited by Master_Kas on September 18, 2015 5:22PM
    EU | PC
  • caperon
    caperon
    ✭✭✭✭
    The reason you see a lot of people trading away the Endurance trophies is because it's only good for tanking and fewer people tank.

I main tank and think that endurance set SUCKS so hard that I wont ever think in use that crap unless they change:

- Stamina regeneration while blocking.
    or
    - 2nd bonus to something like 3k physical resist or 1.5k of each.

No tank I know replaced Footman with that ***.
    Edited by caperon on September 18, 2015 5:30PM
  • heystreethawk
    heystreethawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It depends what faction you are, honestly. This is semi-unfortunate, or at least inconvenient, but also, I don't have a major problem with it; I think it would be less interesting if all 3 areas were perfectly symmetrical.

DC has an abundance of bone shards and dark ether near their base, AD have a ton of planar scraps and bloody claws, and EP have to control the entire overworld map to feel comfortable.

Again: kind of an inconvenient discrepancy, but not game breaking. Venture into a new area with a small group, or trade the items you don't need for the ones that you do! Sewer economy.
    GM of Fantasia
    I heard those symphonies come quick
  • Gerardopg
    Gerardopg
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know but maybe are the drops inside the chests, because yesterday I opened my first 3 will power chest 1 dark ether and 2 bone shards, and I got 2 rings and 1 necklace, evertything arcane, and for the endurance set it seems like aldmeri faction and the center of the sewers drop a lot of planar scraps and legion mark I had opened like 7 of that chest but I had only manage to get one ring
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

It is a free market in the game after all. They can't exactly set the prices for those items.

Free markets are controlled by supply and demand. Players control demand. ZOS controls supply. They don't need to price fix. They just need to increase supply. Unless they intended Agility gear to be much rarer and much more expensive than Willpower, which I find highly unlikely.
  • Dyride
    Dyride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stam DPS PVP and PVE and I run Endurance jewelry. I just make sure they are Robust and enchant for weapon damage, works really well for me since I want health and regen in my build somewere.

Plus I got all my jewelry in 3 days instead of some people that are still waiting on their agility pieces.
    V Є H Є M Є И C Є
      Ḍ̼̭͔yride

Revenge of the Bear

ØMNI
      Solongandthanksforallthef
      Revenge of the Hist
      Revenge of the Deer

Remember the Great Burn of of the Blackwater War!

#FreeArgonia