The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Hardened Ward no longer scales off spell power?

Nadestepper
I don't know if this was in the patch notes or not, but in pvp my hardened ward is 6086 +33% more damage whether my spell power is 500, 1800, or over 2000. I equipped new gear and noticed this when I was looking for how much my spell damage was changing. I noticed hardened ward did not go up at all, so I unequipped all of my weapons and hardened ward was still the same. Was wondering if this was in the patch notes and is already a well known thing.
  • Tonturri
    Tonturri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Insofar as I know, Hardened Ward has always, and still does, scale off your magicka pool only.
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It never did scale of Spell Power.
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It scales of your health now sssooooo.... yea time to pool some points into health.
  • rokrdt05
    rokrdt05
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ezareth wrote: »

^ This.

Hardened Ward has always scaled off your max magicka pool. It is the only shield in game to do so. This has not changed with the new patch. However, shields did take an increased nerf in PvP which is why you might be seeing smaller shields.
    Server: PC - North America - Daggerfall/Ebonheart

Guilds: Order of the Bear | From The Dust

Blaze | Sorcerer | DC | Former Empress
    Ulterior Motive | Templar | DC
    Detka's Tank | Dragon Knight | DC
    Tëmpëst | Sorceror | EP | Former Emperor
    Fíre | Nightblade | EP
    'Fire| Nightblade | DC
    Spëctrë | Templar | DC
    Ashléy Olsén| Dragon Knight | EP
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    rokrdt05 wrote: »
    Ezareth wrote: »

^ This.

Hardened Ward has always scaled off your max magicka pool. It is the only shield in game to do so. This has not changed with the new patch. However, shields did take an increased nerf in PvP which is why you might be seeing smaller shields.

Actually dampen/harness magicka scales off magicka as well. Healing ward scales off of health.
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube