Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Theft....

nbksaske
nbksaske
✭✭✭
Hey, yas will probably laugh, but i made a noob mistake , i paid someone to turn me to a vamp....

Suffice to say it didnt happen, and im 5k down.

Just a warning to others, dont trust anyone you dont know.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    File a support ticked for scamming/harassment either via the game or here: https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/home

Scamming is not allowed in ESO and ZOS will normally punish those who get caught/reported doing so.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • nbksaske
    nbksaske
    ✭✭✭
    It happened last night, i didnt know they would help, as it was my own stupid fault lol
  • RAMdisk
    RAMdisk
    If I could bother logging in, I would redeem your gold.
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never pay first man. Wait until you get your bite, then give them the gold. That's how I see most people doing it around DC. There's also quite a few these days that just bite for free as well
  • Maphusail
    Maphusail
    ✭✭✭
    I still think this happens very rare. Anyway, 5k is not the sum to regret much about.
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maphusail wrote: »
    Anyway, 5k is not the sum to regret much about.
    I rarely have 5k to spare. That would be a huge deal for me, and buy a lot of mats..
  • nbksaske
    nbksaske
    ✭✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »
    Never pay first man. Wait until you get your bite, then give them the gold. That's how I see most people doing it around DC. There's also quite a few these days that just bite for free as well

I know i trusted him stupid mistake. Ive put a ticket in on my ps4.... See what they say

And i thought the eso community are nice people.....Lol
  • nbksaske
    nbksaske
    ✭✭✭
    Maphusail wrote: »
    Anyway, 5k is not the sum to regret much about.
    I rarely have 5k to spare. That would be a huge deal for me, and buy a lot of mats..

Im a gold hoarder lol
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nbksaske wrote: »
    It happened last night, i didnt know they would help, as it was my own stupid fault lol

It's not your fault some other people behave badly. That sort of scam is not "part of the game", however there isn't any mechanic to prevent it... If you had required to be bitten prior to payment then he would've been at risk not getting paid.

There also are a lot of honest people and people buy/sell bites all the time with no issues at all. It's not your fault.

But yes if you want to be 100% sure do this with people you know, or at least with guildies. In case of a problem, the guild master at least can do something.
  • nbksaske
    nbksaske
    ✭✭✭

It's not your fault some other people behave badly. That sort of scam is not "part of the game", however there isn't any mechanic to prevent it... If you had required to be bitten prior to payment then he would've been at risk not getting paid.

There also are a lot of honest people and people buy/sell bites all the time with no issues at all. It's not your fault.

But yes if you want to be 100% sure do this with people you know, or at least with guildies. In case of a problem, the guild master at least can do something.

Lesson learned, and on the topic of guilds, im not in one at the moment
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Every time I advertise I am selling a bite, I hear comments like "What a rip off", "Scammer", or "You are trying to rip off noobs".

To me its a game, and anyone can easily get gold to pay for my service and the vampire skill line. I currently have 6 vamps and 2 werewolfs. I use the gold I get from selling bites to help our Alliance in PvP. There is never enough AP to help rebuild our walls.

I normally bite first, just incase there is a bug and I can't bite them for some odd reason. I've never been cheated, and all transactions went as planned.

What I'm about to say is so not in my character. I never give vampire bites away for free. But, I also don't like people getting ripped off. So with that being said. I am offering a free bite to nbksaske to make up for his loss. Only 2 requirements are you are in DC and on a PC.

nbksaske you can contact me and we can set something up.

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• RAGUNAnoOne
    RAGUNAnoOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I know i trusted him stupid mistake. Ive put a ticket in on my ps4.... See what they say

sorry to say this but they are people unfortunately...
    vamp_emily wrote: »
    Every time I advertise I am selling a bite, I hear comments like "What a rip off", "Scammer", or "You are trying to rip off noobs".

To me its a game, and anyone can easily get gold to pay for my service and the vampire skill line. I currently have 6 vamps and 2 werewolfs. I use the gold I get from selling bites to help our Alliance in PvP. There is never enough AP to help rebuild our walls.

I normally bite first, just incase there is a bug and I can't bite them for some odd reason. I've never been cheated, and all transactions went as planned.

What I'm about to say is so not in my character. I never give vampire bites away for free. But, I also don't like people getting ripped off. So with that being said. I am offering a free bite to nbksaske to make up for his loss. Only 2 requirements are you are in DC and on a PC.

this is a noble thing to do, +1 awesome but he is on PS4... @nbksaske If you decide to go werewolf instead and are on EP let me know it should be ready now and yes it is free(will change sig on saturday)

PS4 NA
    Argonian Master Race

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Support Tail armor and tail ribbons: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/236333/concept-tail-armor-for-beast-races#latest
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/246134/request-dyeable-tail-ribbons
  • nbksaske
    nbksaske
    ✭✭✭

sorry to say this but they are people unfortunately...
    vamp_emily wrote: »

this is a noble thing to do, +1 awesome but he is on PS4... @nbksaske If you decide to go werewolf instead and are on EP let me know it should be ready now and yes it is free(will change sig on saturday)

[/quot

That would be greate but im in AD thanks again
  • Glaiceana
    Glaiceana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm sorry to hear that happened to you. I started my guild to combat just this kind of thing happening. Bites should be free, that's my belief. So as soon as a kind soul gave me my werewolf bite, I started the guild for werewolves who also do the same. We have given 25 bites for free now. If I had a guild doing the same but for vamps, I'd send someone to you now to give you the bite!

But yes, ZOS has stated that it is actually a violation of their terms of service, so you can report that player.
    Priests of Hircine
    Werewolves who bite for FREE! PC/EU
    Our total free bites: 7000+
    Guild Subreddit | Forum Thread | YouTube Playlist
    Total Champion Points: 1000+
    Main Character: Ithaera - Stam DK, Nord, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Rothelnog - Stam NB, Orc, Male, DD, Werewolf.
    J'Xena - Mag DK, Khajiit, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Dances-With-Frost-Dragons - DK, Argonian, Male, Tank, Werewolf.
    Raziel The Paradox - Mag TP, Dark Elf, Male, DD, Vampire.
    Swims-Through-Starlight - TP, Argonian, Female, Healer, Werewolf.
    Glaicean Mag Ward, High Elf, Male, Ice DD, Werewolf.
    Hjurne Hircine's Forsaken - Sorc, Redguard, Male, PvP DD, Werewolf.
    My Total Free Werewolf Bites: 400+ (Ask me about bites if you need one!)
    Playing since July 2015!
  • nbksaske
    nbksaske
    ✭✭✭
    Glaiceana wrote: »
    I'm sorry to hear that happened to you. I started my guild to combat just this kind of thing happening. Bites should be free, that's my belief. So as soon as a kind soul gave me my werewolf bite, I started the guild for werewolves who also do the same. We have given 25 bites for free now. If I had a guild doing the same but for vamps, I'd send someone to you now to give you the bite!

But yes, ZOS has stated that it is actually a violation of their terms of service, so you can report that player.

Ive managed to go vamp on my dc guy now, if you have an ad guy that would be much appreciated
  • failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm I tend to trust people if they have at least one maxed out char. It's among the low levels I have experienced people trying to trick others the most regarding vamp and ww bites. So I usually demand the bite given before I pay because those are the only ones I meet who still sell their bites.

I have met people who didn't trust me to pay them afterwards, and so I told them to take screenshots of the conversation + my name, in case I scammed them and report me ....it worked, they all gave me the bite first.
    - I did pay them afterwards. I always do!

WARNING: This is a generalization. There are also maxed levelled players who scam, and low level players who try to trick others. The majority of the player base from my experience have been honest players.

Tricksters and scammers:

Low levels tend to scam more.
    They try to sell vamp and ww bites, then take the money and run away. Try to make players trade items with them and put in half the amount of gold in the trade, and hope that the buyer does not notice.

Maxed levelled players tend to trick more.
    They buy a columbine for 50g from low levels when it's market price is 350g-380g per flower. They buy raw materials for the price of refined materials from low levels.