Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

healer armor advice!

Young_Archiebold
Young_Archiebold
✭✭✭
Hello all, I have a slight problem... I'm a vet 8 pure healing argonian templar and I'm still rocking (purple) Vet1 warlock hat, robe, (green) neck and rings, and the rest vet8 seducer. I love the combo and would hate to see the warlock go but is there a better build? This is my 1st healer build...
  • ZioGio
    ZioGio
    ✭✭✭
    Helping bump this because, though I'm not quite there yet, I'll likely have this question in the future.
    PC NA
  • Peel_Ya_Cap_517
    Peel_Ya_Cap_517
    ✭✭✭✭
    Healer's Habit and Stendarr is a nice combination in my opinion!
    N64 NA EP
  • Maphusail
    Maphusail
    ✭✭✭
    Don't care much about your gear if you're still leveling. When I was vr1 healer I wore the Warlock set too. But I had a wrong opinion that I must craft myself a new gear every 2-3 ranks, so I changed my Warlock set and felt at once some problems with magicka regen. This set is still great at vr8 though the numbers could be low. Anyway, it depends on how you are leveling. If you do it by grinding, don't care much about the gear, because you will level up faster, then craft a new set. But if you play slow and like participate in group events with your friends, doing pledges etc. then you could change your gear once in 5 vet ranks to be on pair with mobs. Seducer+Torug's pact would be a good combo. Once you hit vr13, think about getting 5 pieces of Healer's habit set, it's great for healers! Seducer+Healer's habbit will make you a healing machine.
    Edited by Maphusail on September 17, 2015 9:11AM
  • Anyolname
    Anyolname
    I used the suducer set from VR1 to 4 and upgraded it to Stendarr at level 6 with pieces of seducer for the slots left open.
  • Young_Archiebold
    Young_Archiebold
    ✭✭✭
    Awesome advice, vet10 now still rockin the warlock lol and it seems to be holding up, but imma check and grind for the mentioned gear, esp healers habit... Thanks guys!
  • failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well there is warlock v12, but the rings are so rare that they cost anything betweek 200lk to 1million per ring. The armor pieces lay between 600g-6000g and the necklace is somewhere between 6k - 30k. It's not a good set for v13+ healers though.

However, I recomend you to wear:
    5x Warlock v1 (jewelry + 2 armor parts) not craftable
    5x Seducer (5x armor parts) craftable 3 traits required

Alternatively
    5x Warlock v1 (jewelry + 2 armor parts) not craftable
    4x Magnus (4 armor parts) craftable 4 traits required
    2x Torugs Pact (weapon + 1 armor part) craftable 3 traits required

Don't let go of the Warlock v1 untill you're v13 and can wear Healers Habit instead :)

Choose "Divines" trait on as many craftable armor pieces as possible and get The Atronach mundus stone.

Btw. I recomend you to learn all armor parts, just in case you should wish to switch role in the future, and they provide extra protection which is good for healers. You only need to wear 5 light pieces to get the good armor bonuses :3
    - Best armor parts to have as heavy and medium are: head, chest and legs. Enchantments + armor stat will be higher on these 3 parts than the rest of your armor. So I recomend you to wear Warlock shoulders and either head or chest, and make the other two good armor pieces in medium and heavy craftable sets.

Weapons I recomend for a healer:
    Restoration staff - mandatory for all healers. You don't have to use the skills, but it would be silly to limit yourself just because you are a templar.
    Destruction staff - mandatory for all magicka builds, very good for healers. (as a healer, expect to be asked to cast elemental drain on bosses and sometimes mobs.)
    Dual wield - very good passives + extra buff from set bonus. You usually pick the good passives for magicka build, and never use any skills from this skill line, you slot your magicka based class skills here instead to advance your damage.
    1hand and shield - great for survival, in certain cases such as the endboss in vDSA where the healer usually tanks 2 very hard mobs, it's just good to have levelled.
    Edited by failkiwib16_ESO on September 17, 2015 6:10PM
  • Lightninvash
    Lightninvash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    im enjoying the new phoenix armor from IC it is a fun set as a healer
  • Young_Archiebold
    Young_Archiebold
    ✭✭✭
    I gotta start grinding ic for new armor lol but I switched it up a alittle, I have 2 heavy armor seducer ( chest, legs) and light seducer hands, feet, sash... With warlock cowl, shoulders and jewels.. As for weapons im duel bar resto staffs. Thanks for the replies you guys!