Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Did they change crafting writs?

BucFanJKE
BucFanJKE
✭✭✭
As the title states did they change crafting writs? Specifically the rewards for them? I got on last night after the update (PS4 player) and grabbed my daily crafting writs and I made significantly less gold from them, not to mention I got less rewards in my "chest" received and those rewards were all of lesser value. Typically I was getting 700+ gold from each writ and I usually got at least 1 epic or higher rarity item after doing them all. Last night it was all white mats and gear with ~200 gold.

Anyone else experience anything similar?

I didn't see anything in the 60 page 19,000+ word patch notes, but I easily could have missed it.
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Writ rewards are random. You won't get valuable items every time. The only thing that changed is that you can now receive Glass motif fragments from equipment writs.

Tier 9 writs pay out 600 gold before bonuses (e.g. ESO Plus 10% more gold). Lower tier writs are less profitable. Did you put back all your points into crafting? You got an automatic free respec after the update.
  • BucFanJKE
    BucFanJKE
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah all my points were put back into crafting. It could have been 600 something before (I do have ESO+) but it was definitely not the same amount of gold last night crafting the same writs quality writs as before. i know the rewards are random, but typically after I complete all the writs I usually get at least 1 thing worth my mats. Last night is the first time that wasn't the case. Could have been coincidence. But, if I get *** for gold, and *** for drops I'll just stop wasting my time and mats for writs and my life will be better for it. Less crafting writs= more time do fun stuff.
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BucFanJKE wrote: »
    Yeah all my points were put back into crafting. It could have been 600 something before (I do have ESO+) but it was definitely not the same amount of gold last night crafting the same writs quality writs as before. i know the rewards are random, but typically after I complete all the writs I usually get at least 1 thing worth my mats. Last night is the first time that wasn't the case. Could have been coincidence. But, if I get *** for gold, and *** for drops I'll just stop wasting my time and mats for writs and my life will be better for it. Less crafting writs= more time do fun stuff.

LOLz. Other than the chance at glass fragments, and the once every 20 days gold/purple upgrade items, welcome to how most of us have felt for since two weeks after writs came out. But I still do mine, so I can get those same frags and mats.
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.