Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Alchemy Hireling?

ChibiMechaX78
ChibiMechaX78
✭✭
Don't judge to quick from the title. I am not asking for it, but I am curious as to why there isn't one while most other crafting skill lines have one.

I know that having one would lower guild store prices for the crafting mats. I know that.
Though if that's a big issue why would the other skills have it too?

I'm just wondering.

Also would you like one or no?
Thank you.
  • nk474
    nk474
    ✭✭
    Yes. Especially for those Columbine and Namara's Rot. Never have enough of those, or the guild stores either it seems.
  • ChibiMechaX78
    ChibiMechaX78
    ✭✭
    nk474 wrote: »
    Yes. Especially for those Columbine and Namara's Rot. Never have enough of those, or the guild stores either it seems.

Truth be told I would like it simply because I often find myself running out of particular mats and get tired of running around for them. Plus potions don't last as long as Meals or drinks and provisioning has a hireling you know? Which struck me as odd why provisioning has a hireling considering that fact but not alchemy. Plus I need something else to put my SP because I have so many now.
  • failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We have been asking this question since early days of Beta. We have Snakeblood which does not really help anyone, as no one needs to make a potion with negative effects. I think you can make a potion that has negative effects, but there are combos that give pretty much anything you need that don't have negative effects.

I have always thought that it should be a passive that gives a better chance to get multiple reagents out of a node. But, now we have that in the Champ System, so maybe they listened to me, lol. I even remember a time when the Increase Farm rate first came out when I was getting 3 to 6 flowers per plant. It only lasted about 3 or 4 days, but it was nice while it was going on. They did extend the increased farm rate to Alchemy Nodes so you can get 4 flowers. Of course the Writs themselves pay in Reagents too.

So, we go back to wanting an Alchemy Hireling. But there may not really be any need for it.

Note, how I farm alchemy is not to go out and farm it specifically, I just pick plants as I go from one place to antother. Usually that means jumping on and off my horse like I have a springboard on my saddle, but it can add up to a surprising amount of reagents in not that long a time frame.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• ChibiMechaX78
    ChibiMechaX78
    ✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    We have been asking this question since early days of Beta. We have Snakeblood which does not really help anyone, as no one needs to make a potion with negative effects. I think you can make a potion that has negative effects, but there are combos that give pretty much anything you need that don't have negative effects.

I have always thought that it should be a passive that gives a better chance to get multiple reagents out of a node. But, now we have that in the Champ System, so maybe they listened to me, lol. I even remember a time when the Increase Farm rate first came out when I was getting 3 to 6 flowers per plant. It only lasted about 3 or 4 days, but it was nice while it was going on. They did extend the increased farm rate to Alchemy Nodes so you can get 4 flowers. Of course the Writs themselves pay in Reagents too.

So, we go back to wanting an Alchemy Hireling. But there may not really be any need for it.

Note, how I farm alchemy is not to go out and farm it specifically, I just pick plants as I go from one place to antother. Usually that means jumping on and off my horse like I have a springboard on my saddle, but it can add up to a surprising amount of reagents in not that long a time frame.

True enough. You can get materials rather quickly without actively gathering them. I too just pass by and pick some up. It's worse for provisioning mats because they are freaking everywhere and they are easier to pick up because you don't do a gather animation.

I can skip several of these provisioning mats locales but still find myself filled to the brim.

Not that it's a bad thing. I like that it makes it less Grindy to get mats like other games do so I can play ESO. However I just don't see why a hireling wasn't passive already. If the devs were worried about an over abundance in mats they should've stopped awhile ago lol.

Not having a hireling isn't a big deal. It's just... Why? Why didn't you just go ahead and put in anyways?