The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Puncturing sweeps, Puncturing sweeps,

• Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    dsalter wrote: »
    olsborg wrote: »
    Dont tell me this *** is back? stunlock with this skill?

yup. cc immunity doesnt cut it anymore due to longer fights

So a Knockback every 7s is too much to handle? ok
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    zornyan wrote: »

Just drag your friend and go to a crowded town. Let each of them stand in the crowd and use 1 of their (which most would consider) OP skills and Watch. Besides the Templar every class can walk, use a skill and walk out without creating a lightshow visible from the moon.

that made me laugh lolz. True tho haha
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry, but even this thread won't stop the Spears of Adun
    3425758.gif
    Edited by Cinbri on September 5, 2015 12:20PM
  • eNumbra
    eNumbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    eliisra wrote: »
    Christ...what fricken' skill is a templar allowed to use than, please enlighten me?

If I use Jesus Beam I'm a skill-less spamming noob.

If I use Jabs/Puncturing Sweep I'm a noob spammer.

If I use any skill with Blazing in it I'm a spamming noob.

If I use Breath of Life I'm a spamming heal bot.

:bawling:
    Didn't anyone tell you? Temps are the weakest class in the game, now roll your face on the keyboard and give me my telvar stones pleb.

Side note: A less-than-intelligent Sorc tried to take on my Magicka Templar and a Stamina Templar the other night in IC. We just got on either side of him and Puncturing/Biting jabbed him back to the Aldmeri hovel he crawled out of. Was amused.

Edited by eNumbra on September 5, 2015 12:29PM
  • Fizzlewizzle
    Fizzlewizzle
    ✭✭✭✭
    Isn't Templar Sweep spam basically the same as Whip Spam on DK's or NB's Surprise attack spam?
    (Not much knowledge about Sorcs besides their shields, but at least that *** doesn't kill people)

Every class as a skill which people love to spam because its damage is much better than their other skills.
    Do you honestly think that Templars choose Puncturing Sweep (Which gives everyone free CC immunity, as well as that it is a channel) if we had a better skills to use?

Templars have very little offensive power compared to other classes (Unless you call a general "no class skills needed" build a Templar build).
    Jesus Beam is an execute. It doesn't do *** on full health targets.
    Puncturing Sweep is a channel which gives CC immunity to everyone.
    Blazing shield got nerfed in oblivion, and using it means you can't use any other skills well as you need to have a health focused build.
    And with healing skills you can't kill anyone.

Also, did you people know that Healing Ritual (the healing skill hardly anyone ever uses) got a Ninja nerf during the IC update?
    Healing power got Cut in half, even outside of IC.

In general i wouldn't mind it if Templar damage was low, if we got something in return for it.
    Having 1 healing skill which works and 1 execute doesn't make a class okey.
    If people which to push us into a "support/healer" role (which i wouldn't mind myself), then at least give us enough powerfull and strong buffs.

But noooooo... all we get is a buff which give people the same effect as when someone chugs a potion... but with less duration.
    Mending-The-Wounded, Aldmeri Dominion, Templar.
  • kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bazeric wrote: »
    Right now there is a lot of spam, from every class. The changes have changed damage so people are compensating by using their most effective DPS. I see DK whip spam, NB concealed spam, Stam Wrecking Blow spam, etc.... Things are still working out. I haven't seen it doing as much dmg as conceal or surprise attack spam (maybe it's just easier to counter so I don't see it as much). Plus it's a channel which makes it slower and less reliable than the other spam going around. I'm still slogging though the roller coaster of emotions IC makes me feel.

Concealed weapons and whip got you though rolling that way the spam you can't avoid it, and as a Stamina Nightblade I would love to use weapon attacks I really would Heroic Slash is better then Surprise Attack for me the damage debuff, ultimate generation and snare with snares being so strong right now it worth the 500 less points of damage. But it cost more stamina with the heavy nerfed to both stamina defenses the higher burst and cheaper cost just makes more sense.

Don't get me wrong I love my Surprise Attack but now cost means more then secondary effects.
    Chaos Shadow-Scale: Shadow Archer
    Chaos Death-Scale: Shadow Knight
    Tanks-With-Sap-Essence: Dark Mage
    Dark Brotherhood Listener: Blade of Argonia
    Chaos Dragon-Scale: Draconic Shield Master
    Chaos Light-Scale: Marsh Paladin
    Chaos Lightning-Scale: Daedric Master
    Hurricane Chaos: Storm Archer
    Bask-In-My-Light: Warrior of The Light
    Forged-In-Dragon-Fire: Pyro Mage
    Guardian of The Hist: Light Mender
    Chaos of Black Marsh: Master of The Burning Sword
    Star of Chaos: Frost Blade Champion
    Chaos-Lightning-Tower: Lightning Shield Master

For the King of Argonia
    May Sithis hold back his Void
  • DarthSeverus394
    Lol the idiocracy amazes me. People actually complaining templars are OP. Thats truly funny. Any class is OP with a good player and tons and cp points. Have you pvped lately? I honestly dont believe nb or sorcs have more than 5 skills each. Literally everyone running the same cookie cutter build spamming the same stuff they have for months and nobody says anything. One templar wipes them and then theyre OP. The shield stacking sorcs with frags hitting 20k prox det hitting 30k and shields filling their whole health bar arent the issue no. Its the only two classes with any build variation, templar and dk, that are the issue. Nb ganking with 15k focused aim hitting you 3 times before youre off youre horse and even see them? Nah its fine. They could take away all skills but 5 from sorc and nb and they would still run this game like they have and will continue to do. Then one good templar with lots of CPs is spotted like an endangered animal and everyone loses their minds. A templar killed me!? Grab the nerf gun!!!! You dont like punturing sweeps? Its called roll dodge, in literally ANY direction, including through them. Once channeled it cannot be aimed. Its really only useful against dumb players who stand there and take it. Its pvp. If youre not moving, youre dead. So MOVE. There are sorcs that one hit ANY player in the game and nbs that come close but do it eithout being seen as well. Lets gang up on temps. Who have to spam one move 80 times to be effective. Anything decent they have is channeled amd therefor easy to counter. Templars are so easy to kill as another class its not even funny. Its trivial. If you genuinely think templars are OP compared to other classes then you are NOT good at this game. Are some dangerous and near impossible to beat? Yes. Those people have put the time in to make it so. Approximately 1 templar is godlike for every 50 sorc and nb. Roughly. Go home amateurs and zos. Youre all drunk.
  • chevalierknight
    chevalierknight
    ✭✭✭
    Draxys wrote: »
    I've seen plenty of fights with ppl using this skill and it's not overpowered. Good, but not overpowered. It doesn't do crazy damage, it does not stun lock.

If a templar spams this on me ill just kill them faster
  • chevalierknight
    chevalierknight
    ✭✭✭
    Bazeric wrote: »
    Right now there is a lot of spam, from every class. The changes have changed damage so people are compensating by using their most effective DPS. I see DK whip spam, NB concealed spam, Stam Wrecking Blow spam, etc.... Things are still working out. I haven't seen it doing as much dmg as conceal or surprise attack spam (maybe it's just easier to counter so I don't see it as much). Plus it's a channel which makes it slower and less reliable than the other spam going around. I'm still slogging though the roller coaster of emotions IC makes me feel.

Concealed weapons and whip got you though rolling that way the spam you can't avoid it, and as a Stamina Nightblade I would love to use weapon attacks I really would Heroic Slash is better then Surprise Attack for me the damage debuff, ultimate generation and snare with snares being so strong right now it worth the 500 less points of damage. But it cost more stamina with the heavy nerfed to both stamina defenses the higher burst and cheaper cost just makes more sense.

Don't get me wrong I love my Surprise Attack but now cost means more then secondary effects.

They patched cw you can roll it now the you roll less too