The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Puncturing sweeps, Puncturing sweeps,

dsalter
dsalter
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Puncturing sweeps, Puncturing sweeps,Puncturing sweeps, Puncturing sweeps,Puncturing sweeps, Puncturing sweeps, YOU DIED.

seriously this update just shows you how godly some moves are in a 1 on 1 situation :<
PLEASE REPLY TO ME WITH @dsalter otherwise i'm likely to miss the reply if its not my own thread

EU - [Arch Mage Dave] Altmer Sorcerer
Fight back at the crates and boxes, together we can change things.

• Paradox
    Paradox
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just block... Oh right that'll kill you faster
    Edited by Paradox on September 3, 2015 5:14PM
    Ebonheart Pact
    @iHateReloads
    Tank And Spank - DragonKnight
    I've quit the game until ZoS stops acting like the community are children, and start actually listening to us.
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This skill often stuns me for a short time even while I have CC-immunity, so annoying to get perma stunned by templars spamming 1 skill.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dont tell me this *** is back? stunlock with this skill?

PC EU
    PvP only
  • dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    olsborg wrote: »

yup. cc immunity doesnt cut it anymore due to longer fights
    PLEASE REPLY TO ME WITH @dsalter otherwise i'm likely to miss the reply if its not my own thread

EU - [Arch Mage Dave] Altmer Sorcerer
    Fight back at the crates and boxes, together we can change things.

• tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome, did the main IC quest with my magicka NB to see if it was really going to be so OP in IC, and was going to try my magicka Templar next. Switching out Concealed Weapon spam for Puncturing Sweep spam. :smiley:
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • DanTeales_Inferno
    DanTeales_Inferno
    ✭✭✭
    Unless they changed something in the recent update, you cannot stun lock with this skill. Furthermore, if you're being hit with it consistently then you arent mobile enough while you fight. All you need to do is kite around them, even better if you have an immobilise since you can't aim the jabs once it has channelled.
    Thoros of Leeds - VR14 Templar

• tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unless they changed something in the recent update, you cannot stun lock with this skill. Furthermore, if you're being hit with it consistently then you arent mobile enough while you fight. All you need to do is kite around them, even better if you have an immobilise since you can't aim the jabs once it has channelled.
    Go through them. There is no collision for other players and running right into/through them puts you opposite their attack. If you try to run to the sides they can turn with you and the ability has a bit of a reach.
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've seen plenty of fights with ppl using this skill and it's not overpowered. Good, but not overpowered. It doesn't do crazy damage, it does not stun lock.

rip decibel
  • BritLord
    BritLord
    Soul Shriven
    Block the 3rd sweep and walk through the enemy. nuff said.
    Edited by BritLord on September 2, 2015 11:35AM
  • Zsymon
    Zsymon
    ✭✭✭✭
    The fourth jab also often doesn't even do any damage, just the knockback.
  • Ishammael
    Ishammael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Yes, its back. Although not quite as bad. You can totally get stuck in this skill and die instantly.
  • Bazeric
    Bazeric
    ✭✭✭✭
    Right now there is a lot of spam, from every class. The changes have changed damage so people are compensating by using their most effective DPS. I see DK whip spam, NB concealed spam, Stam Wrecking Blow spam, etc.... Things are still working out. I haven't seen it doing as much dmg as conceal or surprise attack spam (maybe it's just easier to counter so I don't see it as much). Plus it's a channel which makes it slower and less reliable than the other spam going around. I'm still slogging though the roller coaster of emotions IC makes me feel.
    Edited by Bazeric on September 2, 2015 3:11PM
    Looking for broken things in hopes they may be fixed. I've given up, my game literally works differently from yours.
    64M+ AP across 9 toons... kinda makes me a GO
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you think this isn't OP b/c you have a magic templar you aren't using the right setup.
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
  • zornyan
    zornyan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But I thought it was agreed that templars sucked on the forums and needed tons of buffs as they are the weakest class?
  • Fizzlewizzle
    Fizzlewizzle
    ✭✭✭✭
    zornyan wrote: »
    But I thought it was agreed that templars sucked on the forums and needed tons of buffs as they are the weakest class?
    People just like to complain about something that is pretty obvious (and most of the time doesn't involve their own class).

If you look at Templars, all their skills are big... flashy... and often channels or have a casting time.
    Even if it isn't often used, you get an instant indicator that someone is a Templar the second they use a class skill.
    - Puncturing Sweep.
    - Radiant Destruction.
    - Blazing Shield.
    - Radiant Aura.
    - Purifying Ritual.
    - Healing Ritual.
    - Nova.
    - Solar Flare.
    - Focused charge.
    - Spear shards.

The first tree are the biggest examples of skills which are very sensitive to nerfs although they aren't that strong.
    (And yes to all you people jumping on the RD bandwagon, it isn't that strong. It just stand out so much that people can do nothing but notice and complain about it)

There are A LOT of skills which are a bigger pain in the ass in this game than Templar skills, which go mostly ignored because they don't stand out like a sore thumb (and don't pop up in your death recap).
    NB + fear.
    Sorc + Shields.
    Can't think about anything when it comes to DK's, as their skills (like NB and Sorc) aren't as eye boggling obvious as the Templar skills.

Just drag your friend and go to a crowded town. Let each of them stand in the crowd and use 1 of their (which most would consider) OP skills and Watch. Besides the Templar every class can walk, use a skill and walk out without creating a lightshow visible from the moon.

It's like dropping a Siege shield in the middle of town. Everyone notices it, even though it does jack sh*t.

Mending-The-Wounded, Aldmeri Dominion, Templar.
  • zornyan
    zornyan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed on all points, I really REALLY enjoy my stamplar imperial in both pve and pvp, in pve? I find it the easiest build to play, I'm 50/50 stam/hp in attributes, full heavy with stam enchants using whitestrakes blue sets crafted every 10 levels, with sword and board and 2hander.

I've got great pools, great resistances, my biting jabs 2 hits most enemies, world bosses are literially a snooze, I can solo most parts of group dungeons, hell the other day I did a bit of zombie farming (want dawnbraker) and I stood there for a second getting hit, my health pool barely moved, whilst a quick rushed ceremony brought my hp back up to full.

It really is my favorite pve class, bosses were harder with my Nb, as I didn't have much survivability. My dk is average in most areas other than gdb healing as most skills are magika (and I'm stam), my sorc is OK, but I really enjoy the templar. I treat him as a paladin, front line tanking damage whilst healing others.

Pvp? I manage just fine, I can 1v1 and 1vx successfully. I use my spear shards as an aoe stun, biting jabs/wrecking blow as my dps, puncturing strike and low slash for debuffs.

It's not perfect, but it's working pretty well. I also like that templars have several good stamina skill morphs.
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zornyan wrote: »

That was an obvious TROLL thread...

I'm a NB that runs with a few TEMPLARS they can get kills just fine, and it's sick when combining with Toppling charge. They can tank damn well too.

• iseko
    iseko
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't know how exactly, but my heavy armor magicka templar is doing extremely well 1vX all of a sudden. I just needed to do a few minor tweaks to my build. Changed out a few skills. Im planning on redoing my gear (obviously).

The main culprit for my succes I think is nirnhorned nerf. I only ever had 1 piece of it to begin with. Because of the block nerf I moved away from perma blocking as well. Put all my CP from block reduction to spell/armor increase. 5HA 2LA --> 27k when buffed.

Planning on upping spell recovery a bit and spell dmg. Combined with a few choice buffs in healing (BoL animation/purifying ritual) I feel very on par with other classes. I'm pretty sure that Heavy armor magicka templars are going to become a real thing to reckon with now (even in 1vX). I don't feel OP yet though. Fear is still a *** to deal with... Shield stacking/streaking sorcs are also a pain. DK's... Well DK's are always a pain in my behind xD.

OT: I use sweeps as main DPS. Havn't been able to stun lock someone with it... I stun a lot more people but that is just because fights now generally last longer then 1.3 seconds... So there is actually TIME for the CC immunity from the first sweep to run out.
  • zornyan
    zornyan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is making me rethink my hybrid stamplar, using imperial race I'm 50/50 hp stam with sword and board and 2 hander for dps, in heavy armor.

Is using magika that much more powerful now??
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Our engineers have worked hard at the investigation and creation of a new icon for biting jabs. The result:

uuQoJmZ.jpg
  • cazlonb16_ESO
    cazlonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    iseko wrote: »
    OT: I use sweeps as main DPS. Havn't been able to stun lock someone with it... I stun a lot more people but that is just because fights now generally last longer then 1.3 seconds... So there is actually TIME for the CC immunity from the first sweep to run out.

Stunlock still happens, but it is exceedingly rare and occurs probably due to some combination of lag and server hickups.

If you're not getting stunlocked, i.e. pretty much always, I don't see how anyone can get killed simply by sweeps spam. Of all the primary dps skills it is the easiest to counter. It's a directional cone shaped channel and can't be animation canceled.
    Edited by cazlonb16_ESO on September 3, 2015 11:06AM
  • AfkNinja
    AfkNinja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    iseko wrote: »
    It's a directional cone shaped channel and can't be animation canceled.

What? I block cancel Bitting Jabs all the time....Was this a change in IC? I am on PS4.
  • eliisra
    eliisra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Christ...what fricken' skill is a templar allowed to use than, please enlighten me?

If I use Jesus Beam I'm a skill-less spamming noob.

If I use Jabs/Puncturing Sweep I'm a noob spammer.

If I use any skill with Blazing in it I'm a spamming noob.

If I use Breath of Life I'm a spamming heal bot.

:bawling:
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    eliisra wrote: »
    Christ...what fricken' skill is a templar allowed to use than, please enlighten me?

Use all of and not just press the same button ^^
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • zornyan
    zornyan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Which results in we can't have stamplars...
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a templar; Punching Sweep is fairly rubbish. Granted I'm no expert, but fighting anyone even remotely competent seemingly makes that skill completely useless.
    If you can be anything, be kind.
  • Kas
    Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it's bashable and if your movement is good, the dps is fairly low. standing in it face-to-face will get you killed, however.

i agree that some builds just cannot play against it (non-wrecking blow meele-only, e.g. surprise attack spam), because the templar can just stand with his back to a wall. however, when in the open, good movement will avoid tons of damage. liekwise, rooting the templar (talons, etc) is a good idea because he won't be able to turn either.

i am amazed at how good this spell is in IC. however, i think the main reason is that it is a noob killer and many noobs came into pvp. sometimes i can even sustain my health while some inexperienced player stands in it without moving and another (possibly good) player attacks me. other than that, i don't really know what shouldv'e made the skill better. thus, my guess is that is wrecks newer players and works somewhat similar to devouring swarm in that regard
    Edited by Kas on September 4, 2015 10:21AM
    @bbu - AD/EU
    Kasiia - Templar (AR46)
    Kasiir Aberion - Sorc (AR38)
    Dr Kastafari - Warden (~AR31)
    + many others
  • iseko
    iseko
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kas wrote: »
    it's bashable and if your movement is good, the dps is fairly low. standing in it face-to-face will get you killed, however.

i agree that some builds just cannot play against it (non-wrecking blow meele-only, e.g. surprise attack spam), because the templar can just stand with his back to a wall. however, when in the open, good movement will avoid tons of damage. liekwise, rooting the templar (talons, etc) is a good idea because he won't be able to turn either.

i am amazed at how good this spell is in IC. however, i think the main reason is that it is a noob killer and many noobs came into pvp. sometimes i can even sustain my health while some inexperienced player stands in it without moving and another (possibly good) player attacks me. other than that, i don't really know what shouldv'e made the skill better. thus, my guess is that is wrecks newer players and works somewhat similar to devouring swarm in that regard

Not just because of noobs. In IC I can easily manoever myself in close quarters with mist form. When they give chase the follow me into a "Killzone" if you will. Prox det + bats + puncturing sweep can be a real *** when you can't get away very fast. Lots of houses and alleys in IC. Sewers = lots of tunnels. Does not work as well in cyrodiil (large open map).

• tplink3r1
    tplink3r1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dsalter wrote: »

yup. cc immunity doesnt cut it anymore due to longer fights

They want you to use light attacks.
    Edited by tplink3r1 on September 4, 2015 3:35PM
    VR16 Templar
    VR3 Sorcerer
  • xXNesTXx
    xXNesTXx
    ✭✭✭

Use all of and not just press the same button ^^

hahaha true xD

EU PS4 Ebonheart Pact

NB Stam VR16 Breton
    NB Stam VR16 Khajiit
    NB Mag VR16 Breton
    Templar Mag VR16 Nord
    Sorc Mag VR8 High Elf
    DK Stam VR10 Red Guard