Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Problem with in-game support function

LaucianNailor
LaucianNailor
✭✭✭
I've a game related problem as I have in my inventory a Werewolf Cameo that has not 'ticked' itself in my trophy's list. I understand the solution is to raise a ticket in-game to get this updated letting me sell the item at that point.

This has highlighted a second problem in that whenever I attempt to open up the support window it is blank (black) with no content appearing however long I wait. Interestingly I've clicked and swiped the cursor over the window and can see in faded letters: ERROR: and that something had failed to load. I just don't know how to get past this as the window is always blank and so I'm unable to raise any in-game tickets at all.
Mac/PC EU Server

Lots of alts....561+ CP
Inside Trade Guild
  • KhajitFurTrader
    KhajitFurTrader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is an old, known problem that came into being with OS X 10.10. Your feedback/bug report forms will get sent (if opened directly, e.g. via /bug or /feedback chat commands), but the confirmation page crashes due to incompatibilities and you'll never see it.

Edited by KhajitFurTrader on September 7, 2015 8:59PM
  • LaucianNailor
    LaucianNailor
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you for this info. I'll try to submit both a bug and feedback and see if this gets the error with not crediting an achievement corrected.
    Mac/PC EU Server

Lots of alts....561+ CP
    Inside Trade Guild
  • LaucianNailor
    LaucianNailor
    ✭✭✭
    Well, this is turning into a bit of a farce....

I've tried to enter both /bug and /feedback in the chat window and it simply brings up the blank customer support screen (the problem I referred to above) with the words (black on black letters) ERROR: An unexpected error has occurred.

It appears as if there isn't a functioning way to have an in-game problem discussed never mind resolved if you have a Mac.
    Mac/PC EU Server

Lots of alts....561+ CP
    Inside Trade Guild
  • ZOS_MollyH
    Hi @LaucianNailor !

As @KhajitFurTrader explained, there is a known bug with the way the feedback and bug interface appears in the mac client. To submit a support ticket to an agent, you can always go to https://help.elderscrollsonline.com or request one of us to submit a ticket on your behalf. Thanks again for your patience!
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • LaucianNailor
    LaucianNailor
    ✭✭✭
    Hi Molly.

I wasn't aware I could submit a ticket outside the game, so thank you for the link. Looks as if you or someone has added it to my account records as unresolved, so thanks again.

I read Khajits mail as indicating that /bug would work, It would however crash after I submitted the report, however on the character with the problem, it wouldn't even show the bug report for me to add any info. As it happens after posting above I logged onto a different character and the /bug report did appear and then crashed after submitting.

Hopefully it won't be too long before the Mac devs are able to resolve this non functionality.

Have great day.
    Mac/PC EU Server

Lots of alts....561+ CP
    Inside Trade Guild