Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Need help getting through Cold harbour.

Elektrakosh
Elektrakosh
✭✭✭
I'm lvl 43 and a vampire restoration Sorceror. I need help getting through Cold harbour 'cos I'm sick of being spanked. I just want to get it over with. Help a gal out?

I have done all quests I could find leading up to this
Details are in my signature DC.

I don't have any wards but I will heal. I have basic equipment too.
Edited by Elektrakosh on September 7, 2015 10:57AM
Argonian Painted-By-Elements -Pure Sorceress- Daggerfall Covenant. V1 I hate recipes!
Altmer Elekwen aka The Pale Lady -Sorceress- Aldmeri Dominion. Vampire Lvl 8
EU/UK. Xbox One.
Gtag: Elektra K Otana.

• Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No wards? Ouch.. no wonder you're getting spanked. I lol'd my way through Coldharbour with hardened and healing ward to the point where it felt like cheating. I'm pretty sure some Dremora sent in a ticket. Why aren't you using any, if I may ask? Is there a particular part you're having trouble with, or just the whole place in general?
  • snowbeard62
    Which faction and server?
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you read her post she said to check the signature. So I'll assume DC @ EU on Xbox One
  • Elektrakosh
    Elektrakosh
    ✭✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »
    No wards? Ouch.. no wonder you're getting spanked. I lol'd my way through Coldharbour with hardened and healing ward to the point where it felt like cheating. I'm pretty sure some Dremora sent in a ticket. Why aren't you using any, if I may ask? Is there a particular part you're having trouble with, or just the whole place in general?
    the enemies are powerful when they swarm. I can't level fast enough to get wards! I need all my slots to have healing, trapping and minions due to having to solo.

Trying to find vanus galerion and having no luck.

Edited by Elektrakosh on September 7, 2015 12:03PM
    Argonian Painted-By-Elements -Pure Sorceress- Daggerfall Covenant. V1 I hate recipes!
    EU/UK. Xbox One.

• Elektrakosh
    Elektrakosh
    ✭✭✭
    If you read her post she said to check the signature. So I'll assume DC @ EU on Xbox One
    That is correct.

EU/UK. Xbox One.

• Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trying to find vanus galerion and having no luck.

I believe he's to the east. See if there's an icon showing the Black Forge on your map
  • Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You cant level fast enough to get wards ?
    Did you rush the content ?
    Did you grind/outlevel other areas and lost XP ?

You should have done all delves, world bosses, sightseeing places, group dungeons and quests in all prior zones.
    Check your achievement tab to make sure you have achieved everything.
    This would have given you lots of XP, levels and skyshards to unlock all skills...unless you put everything into crafting.

Let your pet get spanked.
    Anything that can be exploited will be exploited
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully you should have Healing Ward and Harness Magic at the very least. Harness will soak up a lot of that pesky fire damage you receive. I just used the Clannfear, not both. Clannfear will tank everything while you cast areas and throw frags at the toughest enemies once it procs. If your clannfear dies, recast ward and summon him again to repeat the process.
  • Elektrakosh
    Elektrakosh
    ✭✭✭
    Rune_Relic wrote: »

You should have done all delves, world bosses, sightseeing places, group dungeons and quests in all prior zones.
    This would have given you lots of XP, levels and skyshards to unlock all skills...unless you put everything into crafting.

I've done every quest I could find along with fighters guild quest line. I'm not great at spotting skyshards despite the huge green beam. I need crafting skills for my robes and still slightly behind on that. I'm completely solo here.
    EU/UK. Xbox One.

• Elektrakosh
    Elektrakosh
    ✭✭✭
    So no help with the great shackle quest?

EU/UK. Xbox One.

• Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd love to, if you were on the PC (EU/UK DC here). Could even craft you some nice Magnus and Seducer gear
  • Elektrakosh
    Elektrakosh
    ✭✭✭
    I'd love to, if you were on the PC (EU/UK DC here). Could even craft you some nice Magnus and Seducer gear

Thanks for the offer! Lol looks like I'm on my own on this.
    EU/UK. Xbox One.

• Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the offer! Lol looks like I'm on my own on this.
    Just another reason to join us on the PC. There's always someone willing to help you :D
  • Ghanima_Atreides
    Ghanima_Atreides
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You said you're using a Resto staff, Healing Ward isn't difficult to get and, while not as good as the Hardened Ward from the Daedric Summoning skill tree, does help. Shattering Prison is good for keeping many enemies at a distance, and the Unstable Clannfear makes a decent tank for a solo Sorcerer. Crystal Fragments is a good, hard-hitting damage spell, especially when it procs to cast instantly, and Mages Wrath/Endless Fury is a good way to kill low level enemies. Overload is also a good ultimate, as is the Storm Atronach in certain situations.

You also sound underlevelled for the zone. I suggest checking your achievements list for quests/dungeons/boss camps/dolmens you missed in previous zones, and googling for a guide where to find skyshards. It's worth having them.
    Edited by Ghanima_Atreides on September 7, 2015 3:30PM
    [The Beauty of Tamriel] My collection of ESO screenshots

Show me a completely smooth operation and I'll show you someone who's covering mistakes. Real boats rock.
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You said you're using a Resto staff, Healing Ward isn't difficult to get and, while not as good as the Hardened Ward from the Daedric Summoning skill tree, does help.
    This is true. Healing Ward is a morph of Steadfast Ward on the resto tree, which is only level 20. Considering you say you have heals, I'd assume you mean rapid regen, so you should have that skill tree pretty far down the line.
    Having 2 summons on your skill bar constantly your daedric summoning must be pretty much maxed too, which means you should be able to get Conjured Ward (which morphs into Hardened Ward). Everything will feel like mosquito bites once you have these.
  • Elektrakosh
    Elektrakosh
    ✭✭✭
    You said you're using a Resto staff, Healing Ward isn't difficult to get and, while not as good as the Hardened Ward from the Daedric Summoning skill tree, does help. Shattering Prison is good for keeping many enemies at a distance, and the Unstable Clannfear makes a decent tank for a solo Sorcerer. Crystal Fragments is a good, hard-hitting damage spell, especially when it procs to cast instantly, and Mages Wrath/Endless Fury is a good way to kill low level enemies. Overload is also a good ultimate, as is the Storm Atronach in certain situations.

You also sound underlevelled for the zone. I suggest checking your achievements list for quests/dungeons/boss camps/dolmens you missed in previous zones, and googling for a guide where to find skyshards. It's worth having them.

Yes that is true. Gotten pretty much stomped at every turn but a couple of random folks helped me out. A great big thank you to them!
    EU/UK. Xbox One.

• Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I've done every quest I could find along with fighters guild quest line. I'm not great at spotting skyshards despite the huge green beam. I need crafting skills for my robes and still slightly behind on that. I'm completely solo here.

http://www.tesoelite.com/eso-skyshards-guide/
    This should help if you have a laptop available while you're on xbox.
    Sorry I cant help more.

ZOS idea of hide and seek many of them lol
    Its challenging and I always kick myself when I finally do find them.
    Edited by Rune_Relic on September 7, 2015 6:17PM
    Anything that can be exploited will be exploited
  • Elektrakosh
    Elektrakosh
    ✭✭✭

http://www.tesoelite.com/eso-skyshards-guide/
    This should help if you have a laptop available while you're on xbox.
    Sorry I cant help more.
    No that will help greatly. Thank you.
    EU/UK. Xbox One.

• Elektrakosh
    Elektrakosh
    ✭✭✭
    So... Looks like I need a respec and get my priorities right. Thanks for your help folks.
    EU/UK. Xbox One.

• Allyhoo811
    Allyhoo811
    ✭✭✭
    I just want to echo the others who have said that it sounds like you've skipped a lot of content in the previous zones. If you do everything (minus group dungeons and world bosses) you should end up being at least level 44 or 45 when you reach Coldharbor. I'd go back through the other zones and try to find what quests you missed, especially if you are going back to find skyshards anyway.
    Edited by Allyhoo811 on September 7, 2015 8:46PM
  • Elektrakosh
    Elektrakosh
    ✭✭✭
    I wish I could list all of the missions/ quests I have done. I went to each city,village and town I could find and completed them. Even helped folk standing in the middle of no where and helped them with what they were doing. Even Bangkorai wastelands with the Daedroth breathing fire onto random crates.

Can't get through some of Cold harbour due to swarming enemies so I'm bound to have missed some content.

I need map markers and lots of them. I find that some missions leave you in the dark and I get lost easily.

Besides that I'm lvl 47 and my last mission is at the Harbourage.
    Edited by Elektrakosh on September 8, 2015 6:45AM
    EU/UK. Xbox One.

• xXGreyWardenXx
    If u wer on ps4 na and ebonheart i would help
  • JimbobMarley
    JimbobMarley
    ✭✭
    So... Looks like I need a respec and get my priorities right. Thanks for your help folks.

Don't respec yet , wait until the update as it resets all your skill points .
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good advice. Also keep in mind it will also reset your mundus stone, so you'll need to get that again or you'll be in even more hot water. We found that out the hard way..
    Edited by Alucardo on September 8, 2015 11:58AM
  • Elektrakosh
    Elektrakosh
    ✭✭✭
    Good advice. Also keep in mind it will also reset your mundus stone, so you'll need to get that again or you'll be in even more hot water. We found that out the hard way..
    I hear the mundus stones have changed. I'm going to have to find out which ones have and where.
    EU/UK. Xbox One.

• Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hear the mundus stones have changed. I'm going to have to find out which ones have and where.

The changes to Mundus stones in 2.1.4 were:

Apprentice: This Mundus Stone now grants Spell Damage instead of Spell Penetration.
    Ritual: Increased the healing bonus from this Mundus Stone to 10% from 5%.
    Serpent: This Mundus Stone now increases your stamina regeneration instead of health regeneration.
    Shadow: Increased the critical damage bonus from this Mundus Stone to 12% from 10%.
    Steed: This Mundus Stone now provides a bonus health recovery in addition to its previous effects.
    Warrior: This Mundus Stone now has more Weapon Damage.
  • Elektrakosh
    Elektrakosh
    ✭✭✭

The changes to Mundus stones in 2.1.4 were:

Apprentice: This Mundus Stone now grants Spell Damage instead of Spell Penetration.
    Ritual: Increased the healing bonus from this Mundus Stone to 10% from 5%.
    Serpent: This Mundus Stone now increases your stamina regeneration instead of health regeneration.
    Shadow: Increased the critical damage bonus from this Mundus Stone to 12% from 10%.
    Steed: This Mundus Stone now provides a bonus health recovery in addition to its previous effects.
    Warrior: This Mundus Stone now has more Weapon Damage.
    You wonderful person, you! Thank you very much.
    EU/UK. Xbox One.

• Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anytime :)
    Hope are you getting on with Coldharbour?
  • Elektrakosh
    Elektrakosh
    ✭✭✭
    Anytime :)
    Hope are you getting on with Coldharbour?
    Managed to get through it by the skin of my teeth, plus random adventurers.
    EU/UK. Xbox One.