Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Does the specific area you are aiming at matter when attacking?

gard
gard
✭✭✭✭✭
I was reading a blog post just now that claims headshots hit for more than body shots when attacking with a bow.

True or false?

My wife complains that I never listen to her. (Or something like that.)
-- I'm a one man smurf zerg!

My ESO addons:
Midnight - Find out when midnight is so that you can check for ww/vamp spawn.
Goto - Adds a tab to the map pane allowing you to teleport to a friend, guildmate, or groupmate for free.
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I am not 100% positive, but I am confident enough to say that there are no "headshot" or "body shots" in this game. Simply just "hits" on an enemy. What hits more or less is a light attack vs a heavy (charged-up) attack.

Also aiming doesn't have to be very precise. There is a small margin of error where your reticle might not be exactly on the enemy, but close enough, and the hit will register. If you use a bow and lethal arrow or focused aim, I have seen arrows fly through the air almost like homing missiles to hit a moving target lol.
    Edited by Publius_Scipio on September 6, 2015 2:46PM
  • Thymos
    Thymos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am inclined to say False. You have a target box, and they only need to be aimed it. Because there is no real hit detection in the game, arrows will travel to the target you aim at, no matter how they move. That means arrows will chase you once you are targeted.
    Edited by Thymos on September 6, 2015 2:43PM
    The Older Gamers Recruitment Thread
    Always accepting new members for NA and EU server. PvP PvE RP all welcome. Must be 25+ yo to join.
    http://www.theoldergamers.com/
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    False. All that matters is that your reticule is over your target; you don't even have to be facing the right way. You can't aim at specific parts of the body because the server/client transfers would never be able to keep up. If your target moves after you fire, you will still hit them (unless they dodge-roll), as the server has determined that the projectile was "on target". You can see this in-game by the fact arrows and spells will curve mid-flight if the target moves. Arrows, by the way, will always hit you in the knee ;) .
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp