Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How does loot work?

Zephirenth
Zephirenth
Soul Shriven
Containers, chests that disappear after being looted, loot on mobs, resource nodes, etc. Are they instanced to you, or can other people steal the loot out from under your nose if you're not fast enough? I was looting crates when I noticed someone running to each crate and urn just after I'd looted it. I wasn't sure if I was yoinking all his stuff, since he'd just closed an anchor. I don't want to be that guy, but I just don't know how it all works.
  • psychojudge
    psychojudge
    ✭✭✭
    I think everybody gets a share.
  • snowbeard62
    Locked chests disappear if you grab the loot. Resource points as well. Everything else AFAIK stays there for everyone.
  • failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In some dungeons crates and barrels and some other containers are individual, such as in the dwemer ruin Avanchnzel. However in other dungeons, open world etc. the crates and barrels aren't instanced to only you and someone els can run in and take the loot, and leave nothing for you.

Chests are always shared in dolmens and anomalies in Craglorn, if you have managed to just poke one of the enemies there. Chests and heavy sacks are sometimes shared in group dungeons, however that's not always the case.

Loot from corpses will always be tied to you individually. There is only one exception, and that is if you are in cyrodiil and you're in group with other people, and you spot 1 enemy player and kill him - if he carries tel var stones, the stones will be devided within your group automatically by the game.
    Edited by failkiwib16_ESO on September 5, 2015 12:06PM
  • Allyhoo811
    Allyhoo811
    ✭✭✭
    In the open world, the only thing not instanced to you are locked chests (the one's with the tumbler mini-game) and resource nodes.