Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Horrendously long load screens and disconnects?

• Casdha
    Casdha
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would think this is from higher traffic loads on the servers, increasing the time it takes for Your PC to log you in from zone to zone. If it takes to long you will crash back to log on screen.
    Proud member of the Psijic Order - The first wave - The 0.016%

• IKilled007
    IKilled007
    ✭✭✭✭
    Error 108 ftw
    The only substitute for victory is overkill.
  • Svartulv
    Svartulv
    ✭✭✭
    Also experiencing this issue after patch, on EU server.
    I'm sure it's not a client-end problem, but rather server-end - too much people on servers probably?
    The game is still playable, but annoying anyway :|
  • Trashy Boy
    Trashy Boy
    ✭✭
    Yes the long loading screens for me almost everywhere and mostly in IC sewers any area. Some loading screens lasting about 1 minute 30 seconds or more. Hope they sort out soon :)
    Typical Trash VR16 Sorcerer DC - EU, Skadooshh VR16 Templar - DC - EU, Dirty Trash VR14 DK - DC - EU, Totally Trashed VR16 Imperial Templar DC - EU GUILD - LEGIO MORTUUM DC - EU - PC
  • sparafucilsarwb17_ESO
    sparafucilsarwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    EU server, every single loading screen are excessively long. Disabled addons and the same problem persists. FPS has also dropped from the usual 100 to around 70. Drivers are up to date.
  • nikolaj.lemcheb16_ESO
    nikolaj.lemcheb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The way it happens is that you hang up waiting for the server to respond, then you get an answer, downloads something HD runs for a few seconds, then you wait another minute for the server to respond again and for a few seconds there is traffic and you wait another minute.....

The server takes forever to respond to requests during zoning and often never answers.
  • antmck2011rwb17_ESO
    I'm getting really long load times too. I have a GeForce GTX970 with up-to-date driver. Don't know if Windows 10 is an issue here??? Also, don't know if this is related or not, but since the patch if I eat food to raise my health and stamina the bars for those 2 are on permanent display. They never go away - even when at 100%. They do disappear when the effect of the food runs out and health and stamina return to normal levels. I have sent an ingame /bug on this.
  • Quintal
    Quintal
    ✭✭✭
    Why don't you just bring back that loading bar from beta? At least we would know if it's loading at all...

NFcadFj.jpg
    ''Subscription fee means that we will offer players the game we set out to make, and the one that fans want to play. Going with any other model meant that we would have to make sacrifices and changes we weren't willing to make.''
    -Matt Firor
    Nick Konkle no longer part of ZOS
    Maria Aliprando no longer part of ZOS
    Paul Sage no longer part of ZOS
  • Itoq
    Itoq
    ✭✭✭✭
    Longer load screens are also happening to me. There were some patch notes related to improving the proper loading up stuff onto the client - I was hoping that this was related and the result would be less crashes
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Loading screens are certainly longer and I had one odd thing last night where the chat window stopped responding. Not like it does right before a disconnect but I couldn't click in it to talk and the enter key didn't work either.

I miss all my lovely working addons too :( Especially whatever one it was that let me craft multiple items at once.
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • AbraXuSeXile
    AbraXuSeXile
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you tried turning your monitor off and on again?

The loading screens are ridiculous and its happening to everyone, So ZoS its on your end.
    AbraXuS
    Grand Overlord Rank 50 [First EU]
    Clan Leader of eXile
    Gaming Community - Est. 1999
    Crashing an EP Wedding | DK Emp | 1vX | Between Enemy Lines | Hate Video | 5 v Many

• Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey everyone,

For the sake of troubleshooting this a little and trying to rule out a couple things, could those experiencing this issue make sure your video card drivers are up-to-date (there was a new driver for Nvidia Geforce 900 version cards released today), and ensure that your addons are disabled/removed? Being able to rule both those things out will help us narrow down what the cause of this issue may be.

Thank you!

Hello @ZOS_JessicaFolsom, I can verify also that long loading screens are occuring with updated video drivers and no Addons. Monday 8/31 I had no Addons and outdated Drivers and the loading screen times are exactly the same after updating video drivers on 9/1.
    NA Server - Kildair
  • Kobaal
    Kobaal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    67ea7c919aa95f857104670917e27cdf3386daf6b37d64bc07287c2778fd2185.jpg
    Kobaal - VR16 Dragon Knight - PC [NA] Azura Star
    Kobaal Shadowborn - VR16 NightBlade - PC [NA] Azura Star
    Kobaal Stormborn- VR3 Sorcerer - PC [NA] Azura Star
    Fat Old Templar - lvl 19 Templar - PC [NA] BwB
  • mateoz
    mateoz
    ✭✭✭
    Hey everyone,

For the sake of troubleshooting this a little and trying to rule out a couple things, could those experiencing this issue make sure your video card drivers are up-to-date (there was a new driver for Nvidia Geforce 900 version cards released today), and ensure that your addons are disabled/removed? Being able to rule both those things out will help us narrow down what the cause of this issue may be.

Thank you!

No Add-ons
    All Drivers up to date
    PC NA server
    Was affecting all the players I group play with.

Average loading time 2-5min every time you use a wayshrine or logout/in

On a positive note the infinite loading screen 15min+ doesn't happen anymore for me.
    one thing is fix but some dont like waiting 2-5 min everytime you use a wayshrine

• NobleNerd
    NobleNerd
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey everyone,

Thank you!

I've updated my drivers, disabled all my addons and I still get this problem. Loading screens are now 4-5X slower then they were before the update. And I've experienced multiple hangs soloing.. Just to be clear -- I'm calling 10 minutes at a loading screen that should take 10 seconds a hang even if you claim it will eventually work.

I can't believe you never saw this in testing. It's hitting everyone I've talked to about this. I hear from guild mates and people in zone chat that this is making playing a nightmare.

FIX THIS BUG, NOW!

Same thing here. Ever since the update I am having huge load screens at almost all transition points that puts you into one! It was sooooooo bad last night myself and some guildies made a drinking game out of it.
    BLOOD RAVENS GAMING
    ~a mature gaming community~
    Website
    DISCORD
  • AshTal
    AshTal
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am using the load screens as a chance to be on the forums. hmmm on forums more than I am playing....
  • SilentRaven1972
    SilentRaven1972
    ✭✭✭✭
    Longer load screens here as well. Updated driver even before patch, no add-ons were active (had all disabled).
    "Such is the nature of evil. Out there in the vast ignorance of the world, it festers and spreads. A shadow that grows in the dark. A sleepless malice as black as the oncoming wall of night. So it ever was, so will it always be. In time all foul things come forth." -Thranduil
  • Shimmer
    Shimmer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    still...happening.... *rage*

even worse when you get disconnected in cyrodill and have to sit in queue again...
    YouTube | Twitter | Twitch | The Differently Geared

Mistakes must be carelessly planned.
  • SeptimusDova
    SeptimusDova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was in a nice battle in Cyrodiil and then Boom like the Hammer of Thor. Disconnect crash to desktop. With Bill Gates telling me that ESO has stopped working. Oh well Thor won this round. Few shots of Whiskey spent some time with the wife discussed some "business" and Now I'm going to log in again and see how long it takes before the situation repeats.
  • Shimmer
    Shimmer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wake up, make my coffee, sit down and get to character select. Hit play, Using a timer on my keyboard now, and its been over 5 minutes on loading screen to log in.

MAybe I should make a video of just loading screens for ZOS?

This is so irritating.

• Molag_Crow
    Molag_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Even here on PS4 I've disconnecting from the server in Cyrodiil, like every few hours. It's a joke.
    --ϟ-- Crows_Descend - Templar - Ebonheart Pact [PS4]&[PC] [EU] --ϟ--
    YoutTube ESO Playlist
    The greatest prison that people live in, is the fear of what other people think. - David Icke
    Be your true, authentic self.

• Shimmer
    Shimmer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea so last night I got a disconnect and didnt have the heart to log back in. So left my toon in Deshaan.

Spent 9 minutes trying to log in on a loading screen - Killed the client
    Spent another 3 minutes trying a second time, logged in Deshaan, then went to wayshrine to travel to belkarth to do my dailies.
    Spent another 4 minutes 13 seconds on THAT loading screen.

So far ive spent more time on loading screens this morning then actually playing the game...

• Davkin
    Davkin
    Hey everyone,

Thank you!

My Drivers are up to date (radeon r9 280). The extreme loading times do also occur without addons enabled. Me and a guildmate of mine got disconnects in Atherian Archives yesterday. The sort of disconnect i usualy just know from cyrodil where everyone else stops moving. Both times on the last boss in hardmode to different times. My ping was fine.

• Tigger62077
    Tigger62077
    ✭✭
    I have reached the point where I don't even want to play because of these damn screens. It shouldn't take me 45 minutes to do a simply mail run on all my toons, but it's taking a good 2-3 minutes for both log in and log out on ALL of them, and there are 8 to go through. Another guildmate has been trying to do a mail run for an hour at this point, has crashed 4 times, and has one toon that he can't even get to because it crashes every time he tries. ZOS, this is utterly ridiculous. Please, fix it.
  • Anxileel
    Anxileel
    ✭✭✭
    Because of this horrendous slow loading times and constant crashes I can't even do pledges until this becomes stable enough to play. Please fix this I want to play the game but I can't because of the random crashes which also affects the launcher from launching properly.
    The Argonians shall rise and the CHEESE will be endless.
  • Arato
    Arato
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have excessively long loading on my main (VR15) character, all other characters have under 1 minute loading screens. I've disabled all addons on my main and kept them on my alts and still have these problems.
  • Shimmer
    Shimmer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "We're Sorry. The Elder Scrolls Online has quit unexpectedly."

Are you? Are you truly sorry?

• Kalfis
    Kalfis
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why isn't the entire forum community in this thread saying it's affecting them also?

Is this only affecting a small portion of the community?

• Shimmer
    Shimmer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SnapShot1_zpshqn4fgtq.jpg
    Edited by Shimmer on September 5, 2015 4:29PM

• Scowler
    Scowler
    ✭✭
    My loading screen levels more often than I do.