Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Quality of Life features?

ChibiMechaX78
ChibiMechaX78
✭✭
Before anything is rather all the major issues taken care of before anything smaller than such to be touched on.

That being said, for us console players (ps4 for myself) lack the luxury of the add ons that the "Master Race" possess that give them little nice features that the rest of us lowly Console players have to go without.

Is there by chance, sometime in the future, that there will be a update dedicated to adding Quality of Life issues for consoles? Not the biggest of your all's concerns seeing as IC is out on PC, and soon to be on consoles, but I am different.

I can't seem to find anything where ZOS has mentioned adding these types of things in the game for consoles. If anyone who reads this would be so kind as to comment with a link so I have some idea what to expect that would be so gracious of you.

Edited by ChibiMechaX78 on September 3, 2015 7:23PM
  • Scyantific
    Scyantific
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TBH, you chose the comfort of gaming control (that PC users don't have native support for) and the comfort of gaming in a living room over the utility of addons. Also something something locking them behind the paywall.

But, to answer your questions, there have been talks between some addon developers and the game's developers, but absolutely nothing is set in stone yet.
  • Allyhoo811
    Allyhoo811
    ✭✭✭
    As Scyantific said, nothing is set in stone. I would imagine that the developers will slowly add quality of life features to the game, but it will take time. They have recently mentioned adding options that turn on things like damage numbers, buffs, etc. to the default UI for both PC and Console, which is a huge change from their previous stance on such things and could be seen as a quality of life feature by many. I believe somewhere on the forums they have mentioned looking into the possibility of adding text chat to console or that it at least had a /lurk from one of the devs (but I have no idea what thread that was or where to find it).

I do find it a bit amusing (and this is not meant as an insult at all) that you refer to PC players as the "Master Race" considering a lot of us PC/Mac users complain about having to pay for the ability to be beta testers and getting put on the backburner for console players lol I guess it's all about perspective :)

For what it's worth, I hope you guys get a ton of quality of life improvements and (as someone who doesn't like using add-ons much) that they get added to the default UI for everyone.
  • Scyantific
    Scyantific
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's funny that none of that was even considered by the devs until AFTER console launch, lol. Almost as if they expected the PC userbase to make their own crap for damage numbers, combat text, and other small QoL features.
  • Allyhoo811
    Allyhoo811
    ✭✭✭
    Scyantific wrote: »
    It's funny that none of that was even considered by the devs until AFTER console launch, lol. Almost as if they expected the PC userbase to make their own crap for damage numbers, combat text, and other small QoL features.

Personally, I think that in large part this is exactly what happened. They weren't "required" to add the quality of life features because the modding community could do it for them. The other factor seems to be that several of the developers who were very pro-immersion/minimal UI and very anti-damage number/combat text/etc. have recently left for other ventures. The people currently in charge give off the impression that they are more willing to at least consider the possibility of adding more UI elements.

(Note: I'm not saying I prefer the idea of a more cluttered UI. I'm pretty partial to the UI as it currently is and don't use a lot of add-ons. That being said, I would love it if we could get basic quality-of-life features like a search function for guild stores, items stacking in guild banks, etc.)

• ChibiMechaX78
    ChibiMechaX78
    ✭✭
    Allyhoo811 wrote: »
    Scyantific wrote: »

Personally, I think that in large part this is exactly what happened. They weren't "required" to add the quality of life features because the modding community could do it for them. The other factor seems to be that several of the developers who were very pro-immersion/minimal UI and very anti-damage number/combat text/etc. have recently left for other ventures. The people currently in charge give off the impression that they are more willing to at least consider the possibility of adding more UI elements.

(Note: I'm not saying I prefer the idea of a more cluttered UI. I'm pretty partial to the UI as it currently is and don't use a lot of add-ons. That being said, I would love it if we could get basic quality-of-life features like a search function for guild stores, items stacking in guild banks, etc.)

I'm all for immersion when it's within reason I don't think an unorganized inventory is going to break that immersion. If anything it breaks it.

I can't mark items as trash or to sell to a merchant like many other games do.

I also just hate how it organizes alphabetically.
    it would just be nice if all the crafting materials weren't separated between the light/medium/ heavy armor or weapons or other things. I hate how everything is sorted, and would much rather have ALL the armor in one section while the materials in one while also separating them.

For example with crafting I'd like Reagents>Runes>Ingredients>Ores>Cloth>Wood.
    You get the idea. It's honesty a hassle scrolling so much...

It's also bad when I try to deconstruct stuff at the clothing station and they don't even separate medium from light armor. Honestly... At least weapons and heavy apparel are separated. I'm sure immersion, and minimalism isn't the sole excuse, but it's uncalled for there to be such a oversight to not even add closeable tabs for easier scrolling.

It's a small thing, but has been one of the biggest annoyances with this game so far for me.