Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

42k horses

KillSide
KillSide
I've read that the 42k horses give you bouns to speed, stamina and capacity.
so my question is if I maxed out riding speed skill (60%) and i buy the bay dun horse, will i get more 10% (60%+10%=70%)?
PS4 ||| Aldmeri Dominion...Altmer...Sorcerer

Server: NA
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This was true at PC launch, when horses had levels, you trained horses individually and they were limited to a sum of 50 level ups. At that time, buying a 42k horse made sense since you would get 10 additional "levels" for them having 10 points advantage at level 1.

Nowadays, all horses are same and have no influence on how far the rider can train (since it's not the horse that you are training, they are called "riding lessons" for a reason).

TL/DR: old read. no difference between 10k and 42k horse.
  • KillSide
    KillSide
    Leandor wrote: »
    This was true at PC launch, when horses had levels, you trained horses individually and they were limited to a sum of 50 level ups. At that time, buying a 42k horse made sense since you would get 10 additional "levels" for them having 10 points advantage at level 1.

Nowadays, all horses are same and have no influence on how far the rider can train (since it's not the horse that you are training, they are called "riding lessons" for a reason).

TL/DR: old read. no difference between 10k and 42k horse.

Thanks !
    PS4 ||| Aldmeri Dominion...Altmer...Sorcerer

Server: NA
  • Allyhoo811
    Allyhoo811
    ✭✭✭
    Yup, only buy the 42K horses if you feel the skin is worth it, because that's all you are really buying now.