Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Let's cut the crap. How do PvPrs feel being FORCED to PvE?

TheBull
TheBull
✭✭✭✭✭
In order to obtain the best gear in game, dungeons will have to be ran. This is much different than before when crafted gear and AP gear was just as good if not better than dropped gear. As things stand, the TV stone gear obtained through pvp and grinding will not provide the same level of competitiveness.

How do I feel? I'm making the adjustment. I've made a pve build, ran a couple dungeons, and even joined a pve centric guild (Thanks for the inv!).

What bothers me is seeing all these post about PvE only players being forced to pvp. That is simply not the case. They can continue their normal dungeon/trial routine uninhibited unlike the pvp only player who will now be spending a lot of time in dungeons to achieve the same level of competitiveness they once could gain by partaking in pvp, their preferred activity.

How do you feel?
Edited by TheBull on September 3, 2015 3:34PM
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I enjoy it for it's PvE aspect but as far as PvP I don't enjoy zerging small groups and solos or ganking questers from stealth. I can't wait to get the ridiculous amount of mats to craft some on level armor so I can PvP against prepared opponents again.

I'll come back because i think the PvE is really great, but i'll stick to the original map for the PvP. I think the city maps would make for some really great queue-able timed alliance battles with TVS rewards at the end.
    Edited by Armitas on September 3, 2015 3:44PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh this is going to be good. A counter-argument thread to the numerous PVE'ers who feel they're forced to enter a PVP area for a continued PVE experience. Oh, and I feel as though it's more so PVE'ers who are forced to go into PVP, more so than PVP'ers being forced into PVE for the new content. But regardless, COME GET YA POPCORN!
    image.png?w=400&c=1
    Edited by Ch4mpTW on September 3, 2015 3:43PM
  • ScruffyWhiskers
    ScruffyWhiskers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I'm dreading this actually. I mostly pvp. I really wanted to get my undaunted passives and also try skoria out so I started doing pve on the side. It creates a lot of bad habits for pvp (and vice versa I would suspect).

But the worst thing by far was the fickle RNG goddess. I had to run VCOA over and over and over to get the helm to drop. I lucked out on the shoulders and got 3. Still no engine guardian shoulder and my shiny helm sits there on the shelf mocking me.

In all that time I was also wanting to put together a set of burning spellweave even though I'm not a Dunmer DK. I just liked the name. I got exactly 3 pieces. I have no idea how long it would have taken to get 5. The thought of grinding White Gold and the Imperial Prison so I can get 5 pieces of Scathing Mage is unbearable.

So I guess I'll just hang out in Cyrodiil and have fun.....oh wait, those tumble weeds might hit me. Might be too dangerous.
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd be more sympathetic to PvPers complaining about forced PvE if the mobs took 80% of your loot when they killed you.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Resipsa131
    Resipsa131
    ✭✭✭
    What are Cyrodil Light pieces?
  • nordsavage
    nordsavage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about all the nerfs that PvEers have to endure thanks to PvP whining. #TankingIsAChoreNow. Since you wanna throw mud.
    I didn't choose tank life, tank life chose me.
  • Garion
    Garion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not to mention that IC itself and thus TV stones also have a strong element of PvE involved.

In regard to your thread, yes it sucks. Again, AP is worthless and we are at the mercy of PvE heroes!
    Lastobeth - VR16 Sorc - PvP Rank 41 (AD)
    Lastoblyat - VR16 Templar - PvP Rank 14 (AD)
    Ninja Pete - VR16 NB - PvP Rank 10 (AD)
    Labo the Banana Slayer - VR14 Sorc - PvP Rank 12 (EP)

Member of Banana Squad | Officer of Arena
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nordsavage wrote: »
    How about all the nerfs that PvEers have to endure thanks to PvP whining. #TankingIsAChoreNow. Since you wanna throw mud.

Lol, it's funny you should say that. In another thread, someone actually posted something along of the lines of how it is/was because of the PVE'ers that blocking and dodge roll was nerfed, as well as the other stamina-based changes. LOL! Those pesky tanks during dungeons blocking all the time whilst regenerating stamina. Assisting us with progress, with your excessive blocking and dodge rolling. Everything is imbalanced, because of you and your PVE abilities. :D

Source: forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/2213946/#Comment_2213946
  • ScruffyWhiskers
    ScruffyWhiskers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Resipsa131 wrote: »
    What are Cyrodil Light pieces?

"Elegant weapons for a more civilized age" my friend.

• zornyan
    zornyan
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Pve was part of the reason and zos believed tanking was too easy, and they were right.
  • vaagventje17eb17_ESO
    TheBull wrote: »
    In order to obtain the best gear in game, dungeons will have to be ran. This is much different than before when crafted gear and AP gear was just as good if not better than dropped gear. As things stand, the TV stone gear obtained through pvp and grinding will not provide the same level of competitiveness.

How do I feel? I'm making the adjustment. I've made a pve build, ran a couple dungeons, and even joined a pve centric guild (Thanks for the inv!).

What bothers me is seeing all these post about PvE only players being forced to pvp. That is simply not the case. They can continue their normal dungeon/trial routine uninhibited unlike the pvp only player who will now be spending a lot of time in dungeons to achieve the same level of competitiveness they once could gain by partaking in pvp, their preferred activity.

How do you feel?

Not to mention, us pvper now have to pve with a 50% damage reduction and healing reduction, but the mobs stil hit just as hard ;)
  • NeillMcAttack
    NeillMcAttack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah..., I enjoy both so...... I'm just gonna take a back seat here.....
    PC EU - NoCP PvP, is real PvP
    Tiidehunter Nord StamDK EP PvP Main
    Legion Commander Tresdin Stamplar DC PvE Main
    Sephirith Altmer MagPlar EP Gondar the Bounty Hunter Khajiit StamBlade DC
    The Dirge Redguard StamNecro EP Disruptor Stormcrafter Nord StamSorc AD
    Lone Druid Bosmer Stam Warden EP Necro-Phos Argonian MagBlade AD
    @ McAttack in game
    Played since beta, and then on console at release, until the game became unplayable on console.
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zornyan wrote: »

Pve was part of the reason and zos believed tanking was too easy, and they were right.

But who complained about it from a PVE point-of-view? I really want to know that, and on neither thread can I find evidence of this. It seems only the ZOS staff found an issue with players blocking and regenerating stamina from a PVE perspective. The people who complained about it, always had the point-of-view from a PVP perspective. And 9x out of 10, it was a Dragonknight who was accused of the excessive blocking. I've not seen a single thread where a person spoke of excessive blocking or dodge rolling from a PVE point-of-view. Not a single 1. And ZOS took it upon themselves to go and make this change, to primarily cater to the PVPer's. Why? Because for whatever the reason, ZOS lacks diversity in PVE and PVP mechanics, and forces the 2 to share changes/mechanics. Even though they said they have the ability to add custom things in PVP during "ESO Live" (e.g. campaigns with no veteran rank, soon to be campaigns with no champion points hopefully, etc.). And then went out and said how they did it, because they felt tanking was "too easy" in regards to PVE elements of the game (which is obvious bs as to why they did the change).
    Edited by Ch4mpTW on September 3, 2015 4:03PM
  • Blade_07
    Blade_07
    ✭✭✭✭

How do you feel?

I seen this and about fell outta my damn chair! What a load of ????. lmao....here's one for ya son....."dont like it then leave" OMG....never though that I would get the opportunity to throw that crappy statement back in the face of a PvP'er! AWESOME! ^^ Thanks son, you have put a smile on my face! ~.^ Rolling_lauphing.gif

Edited by Blade_07 on September 3, 2015 4:06PM
    “Man can live about forty days without food, about three days without water, about eight minutes without air, but only for one second without hope.”

• Ratbert
    Ratbert
    ✭✭
    What's the worst that can happen.... you get bored as you side step the script waiting for your RNG drops? I can certainly tell you with confidence the mobs are always in the same spots doing the same things. I admit it gets pretty boring rerunning the same dungeon for the god knows how many times because the drop rate is silly.

If they would give up gear at a better drop rate I might actually consider trying out some PVP. But because I WANT some of that PVE gear out of dungeons I keep wanting to do them to increase my chances. /shrug

I just know with PVE I can accomplish what I want to do without interruptions. If I'm pulled into a PVP zone for something PVE based I have to accept the fact my nights plans are at the will of bored johnny looking to take his frustrations out on me. We'll have to see how it works when it hits consoles. I tried Cyrondiil once. I'll try IC once as well.
  • thelordoffelines
    thelordoffelines
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How do you feel?

Not to mention, us pvper now have to pve with a 50% damage reduction and healing reduction, but the mobs stil hit just as hard ;)

Nooo. It isnt really a damage reduction, each player gets increased mitigation so only your damage agaisnt players is reduced but agaisnt mobs its the same. The healing part is right though.
  • hammayolettuce
    hammayolettuce
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think a lot of people aren't seeing why this is such a big deal for PvPers. If you want an optimal build in PVP, you have to get the best gear, right? Well right now, the best gear ONLY drops in the new dungeons, is Bind on Pickup (I can't buy it) and the RNG is totally ***ed. I ran ICP several times last night and only received one piece from the new sets- and it was a set that is completely useless to me. I can't even trade it or sell it to someone who actually wants it. With the current drop rate, I will be forced to grind ICP and WGT for months before I can get all of the set pieces I need for PVP. The jewelry sets like Willpower and Agility are tradeable AND they drop from dungeons so you can opt out of farming trophies to get them. Also, none of the gear you can purchase with AP is that useful anymore, so the main source of income for PvPers is completely gone. I have to PvE to get the gear I want and to not go completely broke in this game. I'm not trying to argue that PvErs don't have it bad- I know PvP is rough the first time you come in, but to completely invalidate the problems of PvPers because you feel like you got the wrong end of the stick is just ignorant.

But seriously, WTF is up with that RNG? If it isn't fixed, I will quit because I am not ok with having to farm dungeons for months before I can get my gear. Make it BOE or increase the drop rates. You've already lost a ton of players over the lag and zerg-friendly PvP mechanics, don't make people rage quit over something you can easily change.
    Edited by hammayolettuce on September 3, 2015 4:16PM
    Snü (Magicka DK) ♥ Thnu (Stamplar) ♥ Pizza for Breakfast (Magplar) ♥ Sparklefingers (Magicka Sorc) ♥
    Bean and Cheese Burrito (Magicka DK) ♥ Snurrito (Stamplar) ♥
    DARFAL COVANT
  • AbraXuSeXile
    AbraXuSeXile
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was thinking the same thing when reading the forum, All these pvers crying about forced pvp. Pvpers been forced pve for a long time.

So what if you drop some stones to players. L2p and adapt like we have to.
    AbraXuS
    Grand Overlord Rank 50 [First EU]
    Clan Leader of eXile
    Gaming Community - Est. 1999
    Crashing an EP Wedding | DK Emp | 1vX | Between Enemy Lines | Hate Video | 5 v Many

• VincentBlanquin
    VincentBlanquin
    ✭✭✭
    very bad of course. next updates are pve related so i hope there will be no-dlc patches with only pvp stuff
    Irwen Vincinter - Nord - Dragonknight
    Irw´en - Bosmer - Nightblade
  • Takllin
    Takllin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Completely agree. It's been quite a big change for most if not all PvP guilds. Right now instead of running around trying to kill others for TV and AP, we have been forced to grind the PvE dungeons for the new drop sets as the ones you can buy with TV just don't cut it for the vast majority of players.
    Jadokis - AD Redguard DK v16 AR 18
    Jàsènn - AD Orc Templar 47 AR 10
    Jessèn - AD Dunmer DK v16 AR 9 - Former Empress of Blackwater Blade

Tekllin - AD Altmer Sorcerer v16 AR 18 (Ret.)
    Tekklin - AD Bosmer Nightblade v16 AR 12 (Ret.)
    Jasenn - DC Imperial Templar v16 AR 18 (Ret.)
    Jasènn - DC Orc Sorcerer v16 AR 15 (Ret.)
  • zornyan
    zornyan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ch4mpTW wrote: »

But who complained about it from a PVE point-of-view? I really want to know that, and on neither thread can I find evidence of this. It seems only the ZOS staff found an issue with players blocking and regenerating stamina from a PVE perspective. The people who complained about it, always had the point-of-view from a PVP perspective. And 9x out of 10, it was a Dragonknight who was accused of the excessive blocking. I've not seen a single thread where a person spoke of excessive blocking or dodge rolling from a PVE point-of-view. Not a single 1. And ZOS took it upon themselves to go and make this change, to primarily cater to the PVPer's. Why? Because for whatever the reason, ZOS lacks diversity in PVE and PVP mechanics, and forces the 2 to share changes/mechanics. Even though they said they have the ability to add custom things in PVP during "ESO Live" (e.g. campaigns with no veteran rank, soon to be campaigns with no champion points hopefully, etc.). And then went out and said how they did it, because they felt tanking was "too easy" in regards to PVE elements of the game (which is obvious bs as to why they did the change).

So you really think that ZOS purely bases any decisions in major updates purely based on the minority of players that use this forum? Probably less than 5% of the playerbase use this forum.

No.

They would have seen the moaning about perma blockers, they would have seen the hundreds of videos online of people sat there tanking bosses for days.

Then they would have thought "I wonder how it works in pve" and seen that literially tanks just sat there holding one button, maybe hitting a taunt once in a while.

That's what made them do this.
  • curlyqloub14_ESO
    curlyqloub14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to know what sets you are referring to that only drop from the dungeons and are "best in the game"? Actually, I'd be curious to see a full list of all the new sets. Only list I've seen so far was a datamine from before the patch was released.

Personally, I like both PvP and PvE, so I'm ok with it, but I do agree that the Bind on Pickup mechanic is utter bullsh*t. Bind on Equip, fine, but not being able to trade, sell or buy those pieces is pretty crappy. I have only run the prison once, but during that run all four of our group members got drops that they would never use, and others in the party were drooling at. It really kinda ruined the fun of it when we saw that they were all BoP.

If ZoS doesn't want people to get this new gear too quickly (which is the only fathomable reason I can think why they would make it all BoP), I'd prefer they make it Bind on Equip, and just lower the drop rate a bit.
  • tplink3r1
    tplink3r1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I enjoy both, imperial city would be boring without PVE or PVP.
    VR16 Templar
    VR3 Sorcerer
  • rokrdt05
    rokrdt05
    ✭✭✭✭
    You could also flip this argument to say, "How can you force PvE'ers to PvP?" The fact is, both sides are going to have to just get over the fact that this is a PvP/PvE zone. I think this is the first PvP'er QQ forum post on PvP'ers having to PvE. Regardless of which side you stand on, you are going to find that each side as to do the other for the new content, no one as left unscathed.

Let's not forget the fact that PvP had some of the best gear in game you could get by ONLY PvP'ing prior to this patch. So the fact that you should have to PvE for some awesome gear this go around shouldn't bother/come as a surprise.
    Edited by rokrdt05 on September 3, 2015 4:48PM
    Server: PC - North America - Daggerfall/Ebonheart

Guilds: Order of the Bear | From The Dust

Blaze | Sorcerer | DC | Former Empress
    Ulterior Motive | Templar | DC
    Detka's Tank | Dragon Knight | DC
    Tëmpëst | Sorceror | EP | Former Emperor
    Fíre | Nightblade | EP
    'Fire| Nightblade | DC
    Spëctrë | Templar | DC
    Ashléy Olsén| Dragon Knight | EP
  • hammayolettuce
    hammayolettuce
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    rokrdt05 wrote: »
    You could also flip this argument to say, "How can you force PvE'ers to PvP?" The fact is, both sides are going to have to just get over the fact that this is a PvP/PvE zone. I think this is the first PvP'er QQ forum post on PvP'ers having to PvE. Regardless of which side you stand on, you are going to find that each side as to do the other for the new content, no one as left unscathed.

Everyone says this when they don't actually read what other people are saying.
    Snü (Magicka DK) ♥ Thnu (Stamplar) ♥ Pizza for Breakfast (Magplar) ♥ Sparklefingers (Magicka Sorc) ♥
    DARFAL COVANT
  • Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If anyone feels forced to do anything, then that's their fault for not actually reading up about anything before purchasing the game. Do people really buy games blindly then genuinely blame others for their own inability to read something through properly?

Kinda like if I were to buy the IC and moan about the fact certain things can only be obtained from entering the IC.
    Edited by Prof_Bawbag on September 3, 2015 4:52PM
  • rokrdt05
    rokrdt05
    ✭✭✭✭

Oh I read what was said, however I simply don't agree to an extent.
    Server: PC - North America - Daggerfall/Ebonheart

Guilds: Order of the Bear | From The Dust

Blaze | Sorcerer | DC | Former Empress
    Ulterior Motive | Templar | DC
    Detka's Tank | Dragon Knight | DC
    Tëmpëst | Sorceror | EP | Former Emperor
    Fíre | Nightblade | EP
    'Fire| Nightblade | DC
    Spëctrë | Templar | DC
    Ashléy Olsén| Dragon Knight | EP
  • J2JMC
    J2JMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ch4mpTW wrote: »

Who complains about anything player related in PVE? If a competitive trials leaderboard and PVP did not exist in this game, I'm willing to bet the double mundus stone and camo hunter glitches would still be in the game. People who solely Pve or soley PvP don't care about game balance. They just want their own characters to be the strongest. The only reason the PvP side complains more is because there is an actual conflict of interest between sentient beings. Mobs can't complain. This means developers must decide if the content is not challenging enough or if the player is overpowered. People who enjoy all aspects of the game will generally favor game balance because they need abilities to be strong enough to handle pve without being overpowered in pvp.

Knee Jerk, L2P, Obtuse, Casual, Entitled, All The Best, unnecessary mention of CoD

Battle leveling for pve content defeats the idea of progression. Remove CP

"Apparently the players are more informed than we are"-Richard Lambert

• hammayolettuce
    hammayolettuce
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh I read what was said, however I simply don't agree to an extent.

Then maybe I miscommunicated. Please explain to me how PvErs are forced to PvP because I'm not seeing it in this update. Sure the new content is a lot of hybrid PvP/PvE, but no one is forced to do it for any reason other than to experience the content. You can bypass all of Imperial City to get to the new dungeons because ZOS knew that there are people who REALLY don't want to fight other players. For PvPers, the only way to get gear that is necessary to be competitive in PvP is by doing PvE content. The gear I want cannot be purchased or traded because it is bind on pickup with an incredibly low drop rate, so I must farm it in PvE. All of the gear that is obtainable through PvP can also be purchased for gold or traded. The new jewelry sets also drop from vet dungeon bosses, so if you are a PvEer and want specific gear, you literally never have to set foot in PvP. I'm failing to see how people think PvEers have it bad.

DARFAL COVANT
  • Tavore1138
    Tavore1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    With the change to the Black Rose set the 'need' to PvP is reduced although for questers it is a fair grumble when all the official ad material says this is also PvE content (wrobel and Wheeler may work for ZOS but they are not word of god above official published Zenimax stuff however much some like to use selected statements to support their views).

If you are actually serious then although signing up for a game based on a solo quest oriented title seems an odd choice for you the only PvE you must do is get to level 10 at which point you can play to whatever level you wish and get the best sets in PvP without touching PvE unless to gank questers in Cyrodiil or IC. Enjoy your play.

I'd say the group with a real right to complain are the crafters who are pushed to partake in the TV system if they want to be able to obtain top level materials without having to pay premium rates which would in turn make their set pieces too expensive to profit from as well as seeing the viability of crafted sets hit too.

ZOS made a lof of fine promises about crafting and I can't think of one that they have kept. Personally I would have little self-respect left if I had broken my word so consistently but then I also have morality too which I accept some feel no need to have themselves.
    GM - Malazan
    Raid Leader - Hungry Wolves
    Legio Mortuum