The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Difficulty of new crafting styles

• ThisOnePosts
    ThisOnePosts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't like how it comes from writs. They need to stop this writ-based crap. If they want writs to be useful, be more creative about them. Currently Alchemy and Enchanting are extremely useful due to the mats and mats that drop often enough.

This is a bad excuse to have us doing writs for the armors as they require a lot of materials to be completed when comparing them to the consumables writs.
  • Rikal
    Rikal
    ✭✭✭
    I should take a class in MMO Economics. I'd really love to know how they decide what it should cost in the crown store vs. what it should cost in-game vs. what if you price those both so high people quit your game.
    Rikal on NA-PC (aka Rhaulikko)
  • Love_Chunks
    Love_Chunks
    ✭✭✭
    This thread: "my entitlement :'( "
    Where you guys see a long grind i see a chance to profit. Obviously you cant instafarm the motif like you want which means youll have to spend some gold if you want it right now.This is a good thing for the in game economy and a good thing for my coin purse :).

Also As a maxed crafter I'd love to learn it but id rather make money from them while they're hot than cry on the forums about the rarity. Even more so, a 10% drop rate is freakin fantastic! Not bad at all when you consider that you get 3 rolls per day per character. The only grindy part of the new set is the style mats which i agree is kind of silly. While farming chests isnt exactly my idea of a good time, there is still gold to be made from them so it kinda balances out.
    Me: It's[WB spamming DK] a really cheesy build
    Guildy: I like cheese with my wine, and WB creates some really good wine.
  • Inactive Account
    Inactive Account
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rikal wrote: »
    I should take a class in MMO Economics. I'd really love to know how they decide what it should cost in the crown store vs. what it should cost in-game vs. what if you price those both so high people quit your game.

They track everything in the game play. everything is Data Mined, just like facebook.

They read the data and value items from there. They have a very good guestimate on what people are willing to pay.

It actually makes me wonder if this is not part of the reason that load times have gone through the roof as of late; so much new data to collect with the changes the patch brought about.
    Edited by Inactive Account on September 3, 2015 4:02AM
  • Dru1076
    Dru1076
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kinda reminiscent of the Xp booster recipe.

I guess its another in-game gold booster for the hardcore. Its hard to understand the carrot on a string nature of these fragmented super rare items. A guy with lousy RNG like me, it might not be totally impossible to get things in the game without paying, but the word improbable certainly applies.

When I do buy them, it's going to be from other players. When I think about it, the trade guilds really are one of my favourite things about ESO. I can never find the treasure I seek...but you can always turn that thing you didn't want or alread have into the thing you actually want through the guild stores.
    Edited by Dru1076 on September 3, 2015 12:40PM
    Ask not what your sweetroll can do for you....
  • Rikal
    Rikal
    ✭✭✭
    This thread: "my entitlement :'( "
    Where you guys see a long grind i see a chance to profit. Obviously you cant instafarm the motif like you want which means youll have to spend some gold if you want it right now.This is a good thing for the in game economy and a good thing for my coin purse :).

Also As a maxed crafter I'd love to learn it but id rather make money from them while they're hot than cry on the forums about the rarity. Even more so, a 10% drop rate is freakin fantastic! Not bad at all when you consider that you get 3 rolls per day per character. The only grindy part of the new set is the style mats which i agree is kind of silly. While farming chests isnt exactly my idea of a good time, there is still gold to be made from them so it kinda balances out.

I think you are missing the point. It's not about anyone being entitled to the recipe or the ability to instafarm it. The question is how do they decide where to set the difficulty of getting it in game, and how do they decide what it should cost in the crown store. And whether in this case they have done a good job making those decisions. Obviously it shouldn't be too easy to get, which I clearly stated in the original post.
    Rikal on NA-PC (aka Rhaulikko)