The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.1 maintenance and is currently unavailable.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/657287/pts-incremental-patch-maintenance-extended-april-22-2024

NBs can no longer sustain.

briandivisionb16_ESO
briandivisionb16_ESO
✭✭✭✭
Hi :)
I played a nightblade and a DK on the PTS and have since made myself a v14 DK on live.
Because of dodgeroll changes they can't sustain in PvP so well. I don't actually care though because my DK is tanky as hell and his damage is only slightly lower.

However, thought I would share this insight:
I think maybe you should definitely let NBs keep dark cloak besides all the 'nerf cloak' cries. :P I think even detect pots are harsh, and should have a counter.

NBs damage is OK. Sustain is not. At all.
Happy hunting! ^^
If your group is bigger than 6 members gain 75% damage reduction.

Write this on the back of your box and see how many sales you get!

You won't get any new PvP players until this archaic AoE crap is fixed.
I for one won't resub until:
1.) You fix lag.
2.) You remove AOE caps we voted against.
3.) 12 months have passed (this is how long we've waited for you to 'get with it')[/b]
  • ItsMeToo
    ItsMeToo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Invis pots should counter Detect pots, but they don't.
    FYI - There is no such thing as 'night capping' in a world wide MMO.
    FYI - There was no paid Beta. When they launched the game the Beta was over, even if you don't think it was.
    FYI - It's B2P not F2P. There is a difference.
    FYI - It doesn't take any player skill to mash keys or buttons in this game. The ones that stay alive longer have the better internet connection and speed.
    FYI - The game is not broken, it still works. It just has 'bugs' that need to be fixed.
    Balance is a "Bad" thing.

Example: There were hundreds of Jedi and only two Sith in Star Wars. The Jedi wanted, "Balance in the Force" and they got it. Now there are only two Jedi and two Sith.

Balance is a "Bad" thing.
    Is the glass half full or half empty?
    I say, "Get a smaller glass."
  • whiteshadow711jppreub18_ESO
    whiteshadow711jppreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ItsMeToo wrote: »
    Invis pots should counter Detect pots, but they don't.

I know right :smiley:
    Signed, Kotaro Atani.PS5 NA
    VR16/ CP 160 Khajiit Nightblade of the Aldmeri Dominion, Guildmaster and Assassin of the Queen's Hand guild on NA PC. PvP Officer in the WOLF guild on NA PS5, and of course Master Thief. Currently 3120 CP out of 3600 CP on NA PS5. Currently 810 CP on NA PC (used for PTS testing purposes only). On PS5 I am also a Master Crafter, all traits done and learned, Jewelry crafting done. all Motifs learned on PS5 except for maybe two-three Motifs. Both Companions are Max level as are their Skills.Warrior, Lover, Thief.... Nightblade. Aldmeri Dominion For Life! For the Queen!! Go Dominion or go home ! "I have no hatred for the races of Man, but they are young. Like all children, they are driven by emotion. They lack the wisdom that comes with age. I would sooner place an Altmer infant on the Ruby Throne than surrender Tamriel to their capricious whims. The Altmer, the Bosmer and the Khajiit share the common traits of intelligence, patience and reason. We do not seek riches or plunder. Domination is not our goal, nor is the acclamation of power for its own sake. Today we make our stand. Today we take back the Ruby Throne, which is ours by ancient right and the blessings of the Divines. Stand with us." ―Your Queen Commands, Ayrenn Arana Aldmeri.(All 18 characters are AD only! This one is a AD Loyalist)Member of ESO Since January 29, 2014, started early Access 3/30/14 on PC, currently subbed on NA PS5 and on NA PC. Note- I only use PC for PTS testing purposes, the PS5 is my dedicated Game Platform.Note- for those that don't know how to say Kotaro Atani it's "Ko tar row Ah ta ni" (Ko with a Oh sound, tar which sounds like the sticky black tar stuff, row like rowing a boat, Ah with a AHHHH sound, Ta with a Tahhh sound, Neeee which sounds like knee)"The blowing sands of time wipe clean the footprints of the past...""Moonsugar may be the key to paradise, but it is through a false door...""A perfect society is always elsewhere..."- Unknown book of Khajiiti proverbs.
  • silky_soft
    silky_soft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As stam nb I have 300cp with 2400 regen on PTS and It's still not able to sustain more than 2 rotations without a templar or engine gaurdian. I would barely keep up with my 200cp and 2100 regen from live.

If they don't want to make shield critable, make a pot. You don't come up against a cloak spammer everytime, just like you don't come up to a shield spammer everytime. But then again last time they made a pot (AP pots) they don't work.
    Here $15, goat mount please. Not paying 45 : lol :
    Netch is free with a cleanse and free magika. You nerf siphon into the ground. Nice balance team.
    How do you go home every night and say, I did a great job at work today. You actually do your job properly.
    Step 1: roll templar. Step 2: level up jabs. Step 3: slap on weapon damage build. Step 4: que for bg. Step 5: leap...jabsjabsjabsjabs
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dodge roll change's are not that bad in my mind, just slot Mist Form and your dodge roll will reset by the time Mist form channel is over. If you have some magicka cost reduce and recovery you can mist form pretty frequently with dodge roll's in between.

I haven't played on pts and i hope stamina nightblade is still okay.
    PS4 NA DC
  • MrGrimey
    MrGrimey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dodge roll change's are not that bad in my mind, just slot Mist Form and your dodge roll will reset by the time Mist form channel is over. If you have some magicka cost reduce and recovery you can mist form pretty frequently with dodge roll's in between.

Not just dodge roll nerf, NB Stam passive was reduced in half
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    MrGrimey wrote: »

Not just dodge roll nerf, NB Stam passive was reduced in half

In return for 15% more magicka and health recovery though. It's a win for my build since i can perma-cloak as a stamina nightblade in live.

PS4 NA DC
  • KenaPKK
    KenaPKK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I played a nightblade and a DK on the PTS and have since made myself a v14 DK on live.
    Because of dodgeroll changes they can't sustain in PvP so well. I don't actually care though because my DK is tanky as hell and his damage is only slightly lower.

I think maybe you should definitely let NBs keep dark cloak besides all the 'nerf cloak' cries. :P I think even detect pots are harsh, and should have a counter.

Happy hunting! ^^

Detect pots are an abomination. They are equivalent to a potion making all nearby allies' damage bypass all shields, or one making all nearby enemies incapable of healing. A potion negating a crucial class mechanic is just bad design.

I am a Nightblade main, and I think they are both too tanky and too good at burst healing themselves on live. These should be toned down, but their evasiveness needs to remain high... Between the ubiquitous Caltrops and other AoEs + marks out there, Cloak is already difficult enough to use as an escape mechanic. With force miss being removed when under vision, it's becoming even worse... Magicka NBs will become extremely difficult to do anything with other than Cloak around watching things from a distance if ZoS has their way...
    Edited by KenaPKK on August 31, 2015 8:14AM
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC original dueling and general PvP community guild
    Now the hub of competitive dueling and the joined PvP communities of NA and EU/PC

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys

General Healing Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/6CmzBFb

TONKS!
    https://discord.gg/DRNYd39

Werewolf Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/aDEx2ev

Vampire Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/yfzck8Q
  • BuggeX
    BuggeX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im not playing a NB, but wath about Shiponing Attacks?
    There is your Sustain,
    #makemagickadkgreataigan
    #givemeaexecute
    #ineedheal
    #betterhotfixgrindspots
  • laksikus
    laksikus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    not when the new patch comes.
    Siphoning attacks wont be a toogle any more. but only a 20sec buff. will be pretty useless i think^^
  • BuggeX
    BuggeX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    laksikus wrote: »
    Siphoning attacks wont be a toogle any more. but only a 20sec buff. will be pretty useless i think^^

because it will be a 20 sec buff it will be uselles?

Stop using any Buff then
    #makemagickadkgreataigan
    #givemeaexecute
    #ineedheal
    #betterhotfixgrindspots
  • hrothbern
    hrothbern
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BuggeX wrote: »

Stop using any Buff then

it is a 15 second buff that will cost Magicka
    and the return is heavily nerfed, no longer % on stat, but a fixed value

"I still do not understand why I followed the advice of Captain Rana to bring the villagers of Bleakrock into safety. We should have fought for our village and not have backed down, with our tail between our legs. Now my home village is in shambles, the houses burning, the invaders feasting.I swear every day to Shor that after Molag Bal has been defeated, I will hunt down the invaders and restore peace in Bleakrock and drink my mead with my friends at the market place".PC-EU
  • laksikus
    laksikus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    even worse than i remembered it^^
    Edited by laksikus on August 31, 2015 9:20AM
  • BuggeX
    BuggeX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hrothbern wrote: »

Stop using any Buff then

and how much is it?
    #makemagickadkgreataigan
    #givemeaexecute
    #ineedheal
    #betterhotfixgrindspots
  • hrothbern
    hrothbern
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Stop using any Buff then

and how much is it?

Naked the Magicka Costs are: 1923 Mag
    The returns from a weapon attack, light or heavy are: 958 Mag & Stam per attack
    The returns from a ability are: 192 Mag & Stam per hit (in fact 10% on 1916)
    "I still do not understand why I followed the advice of Captain Rana to bring the villagers of Bleakrock into safety. We should have fought for our village and not have backed down, with our tail between our legs. Now my home village is in shambles, the houses burning, the invaders feasting.I swear every day to Shor that after Molag Bal has been defeated, I will hunt down the invaders and restore peace in Bleakrock and drink my mead with my friends at the market place".PC-EU
  • BuggeX
    BuggeX
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Stop using any Buff then

and how much is it?

and you say this is nerfed...oh Boy..........
    #makemagickadkgreataigan
    #givemeaexecute
    #ineedheal
    #betterhotfixgrindspots
  • hrothbern
    hrothbern
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Stop using any Buff then

and how much is it?

and you say this is nerfed...oh Boy..........

Yep,

with 1.5% on stat reurn with for example 30k Mag, the return was 450 per ability use, instead of 192 MINUS the costs and the time loss of activating buff.
    against one add the costs are now 67% of the return...
  • BuggeX
    BuggeX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    but it still recover Close to 1k per light attack, this is a hug buff compared to %
    Edited by BuggeX on August 31, 2015 9:58AM
    #makemagickadkgreataigan
    #givemeaexecute
    #ineedheal
    #betterhotfixgrindspots
  • Tdroid
    Tdroid
    ✭✭✭
    but it still recover Close to 1k per light attack, this is a hug buff compared to %

With my current setup, assuming nothing with that significantly changes(haven't seen anything to that effect in the patch notes), combined with the cost reduction to class stamina skills, Siphoning Attacks will let me use Surpirse Attack pretty much forever, since 1 light attack will return pretty much the full cost of SA that way.
  • hrothbern
    hrothbern
    ✭✭✭✭✭

oops
    I forgot to mention that in live, you get 3% of Stat on a light or Heavy attack on top !!
  • BuggeX
    BuggeX
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Stop using any Buff then

and how much is it?

So this is now 1.6 or 1.7?

Right now(1.6), ist recover 3% each hit and with a proc Change (dont know the value) to recover additional 15%.
    also reduce you own spell and weap power by 20%

Siphoning Strikes: •This ability is no longer a toggle.
    •Removed the Power and Spell Power debuff; your attacks now do full damage.
    •This ability no longer restores a percentage of your Magicka or Stamina. Instead, it restores a fixed amount per hit.
    •You will no longer build up extra visual effects on your weapon when this ability is cast multiple times.

Siphoning •Increased the duration of Siphoning Strikes and Siphoning Attacks to 15 seconds from 10 seconds.
    •Leeching Strikes (Siphoning Strikes morph): This ability is now a toggle once more, and reduces weapon and spell power while active.

So two changes for this ability.
    Shiponing does not have anymore the debuff for dmg, sry i see just a buff there
    Edited by BuggeX on August 31, 2015 11:16AM
    #makemagickadkgreataigan
    #givemeaexecute
    #ineedheal
    #betterhotfixgrindspots
  • Ryuho
    Ryuho
    ✭✭✭✭

Happy hunting! ^^

Well true, but nbs need to change their playstyle a bit, evry1 need to adjust to changes.. no more permadodge rolling, lets dodge roll from chalman to bkr, why not?? NO and NO.. Nb needs to time vry well dodge roll/cloak, its more about personal skill than perma roll ambush and fear combo.. which is good, and as u wrote nb dmg will be still great.. I think investing in magicka regen could help stamina nbs - more cloak = less dodge rolls..

As for DKs, they will be beasts imo, stamina DK is so crazy stronk on PTS, me like that.. But i am sorry for magicka DKs, they need some love like temps..
    The Farron family team (EU)
    sorcerer - Rubeus Farron AR31
    templar - Selene Farron AR27
    nightblade - Ryuho Farron AR25
    stamplar - Nura Farron AR10
    stamsorcerer - Kitty Farron AR14 (adopted member)
    DK - Ryu Farron AR17

RETIRED

CU - next mmo
  • Sentinel
    Sentinel
    ✭✭✭✭
    I adjusted my playstyle on my NB to include more heavy attacks along with Siphoning attacks. Given I had 990 stamina regen and had enough stam to break free and dodge roll constantly, I think I did pretty well for sustain. The 2h passive follow up allowed me room to make the heavy attacks into a burst combo.
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Happy hunting! ^^

Good. NB's can now die as much as my Templar..... DOH!
    NA Server - Kildair
  • F7sus4
    F7sus4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TLDR, but I guess you're talking about Stamina, since with Magicka build it's possible to gain more resources than you spend. I'd give a 4th Siphoning skill a go, however.
  • Junkogen
    Junkogen
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's not right that would force players to be vamps to be competitive. Something's got to be done, unless their goal is to eradicate stamina builds.
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Infinite sustain builds shouldn't be a thing. It's fundamentally a good thing that if you blow your load repeatedly you should have some down time.

It's resource management, not an fps.
    The Tomb of FPS Alteration Magic - Everything You Need to Know About FPS
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
    Praise Malacath.
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Junkogen wrote: »

That's not right that would force players to be vamps to be competitive. Something's got to be done, unless their goal is to eradicate stamina builds.

You could run shadowwalker and sacrifice a little bit of damage for cost reduction and magicka recovery mindus stone. That way you can cloak to gain 1k stam a second.

I agree. This nerf need's to be looked at. Unless they expect stamina builds to block more i dunno.
    PS4 NA DC
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cathexis wrote: »
    Infinite sustain builds shouldn't be a thing. It's fundamentally a good thing that if you blow your load repeatedly you should have some down time.
    Ever seen two magicka nightblades fight each other? Yeah, they can go forever with the right setup. I'm not even joking. Went from a lumbermill fight into a 30 minute duel. Nighblades have a few ways to siphon health, they also have (what I believe) is one of the longest CCs in the game, and then some others. Use these CCs enough and your target will run out of stamina to break free.. I found this pretty easy to achieve since the update. This gives you ample time to lodge a couple of heavy attacks and receive back a fair bit of magicka to restart the entire process again. It wasn't easy, but it is possible to sustain yourself indefinitely in small scale fights. This was as a magicka build.. I can't really comment on stamina unfortunately.
  • contact.opiumb16_ESO
    after 2 nights of test in IC, i can say that NB are still very strong, but more in line with the other classes. 2 shot builds do not work anymore, and it's a good thing. I had great time "duelling" in IC streets with a yellow NB. We really saw the difference between NB and templar : the NB came on me, burst, disappeared, while the templar style "self heal + spear harrass + beam + holy fireballs". They both worked, the NB killed me several times and i killed him too a few time.This NB is a stam base, i know him well because he 2-3 shoted me a lot in 1.6 pvp. Now we can have a fair fight. Sure he killed me more than i killed him but he have a better stuff + lots of CP, so, in numbers he is supposed to be stronger than me.

Sorcerers in the other hand are still OP, because shield stacking + tp spam (yes, it still can be spam).