Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Doubt about researching traits and reseting skill points

Cr4p0w3
Cr4p0w3
✭✭
What happens when I have items researching and I reset the skill points?

Will the research continue even if I don't put the points back?

Will I lose the research?

Or will the research resume only once I buy the skills again?

Best Answers

• Asmael
    Asmael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The currently ongoing researches will continue as normal, so feel free to respec everything.

I did it recently, asked in zone, respec-ed, checked the researches: all good.
    PC EU - Zahraji of the Void, aka "Kitty", the fluffiest salmon genocider in town.
    Poke @AsmaeI (last letter is uppercase "i") on PC EU or Asmael#9325 on Discord and receive a meow today.
    Answer ✓
  • Toomdad
    Toomdad
    ✭✭✭
    At least on PS4 it seems like you have to respec back into the number of research points you had. For example I had respec'd from researching 3 items to 2 items. When I later on put it back to 3 items I suddenly had one item that finished. It might have been coincidence but I think that 3rd item was hanging out in limbo until I put it back up to 3.
    Answer ✓
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From my experience (and checking last night) if you respect, your items will continue to research but at the slow rate they would have if you didn't put those points in. If you put the points back in, the time drives down to match.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
    Answer ✓
  • Daveheart
    Daveheart
    ✭✭✭✭
    I actually had my last 3 nirn items in woodworking finish without the research time points spent. It takes significantly longer, but it does work. You won't lose the number of items you're researching.
    Daggerfall Covenant (PC-NA)

The Order of Mundus | Nightfighters
    Answer ✓