The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

How can I fix blank chat window?

EIGHTS
EIGHTS
✭✭✭✭
There is a blank chat window on top-left corner of screen.
It will show an error message when cursor moves over it.

The error message:

EsoUI/Ingame/ChatSystem/SharedChatSystem.lua:690: attempt to index a nil value
stack traceback:
EsoUI/Ingame/ChatSystem/SharedChatSystem.lua:690: in function 'SharedChatContainer:MonitorForMouseExit'
EsoUI/Ingame/ChatSystem/SharedChatSystem.lua:717: in function 'SharedChatContainer:FadeIn'
EsoUI/Ingame/ChatSystem/SharedChatSystem.lua:661: in function 'SharedChatContainer:OnMouseEnter'
EsoUI/Ingame/ChatSystem/SharedChatSystem.lua:2374: in function 'ZO_ChatSystem_OnMouseEnter'
459568822378751606:3: in function '(main chunk)'

Does someone know how to fix this or have a way to close the window?
Thank you for response.
I'm not native speaker in English. I hope that I don't make you misunderstand.
  • ZombieZig
    ZombieZig
    ✭✭✭
    Same Issue

EsoUI/Libraries/Utility/ZO_TabButtonGroup.lua:392: attempt to index a nil value

Its a blank resizable but not movable window with taper faded edges and a scroll bar on the right of it. It takes up aproximatly 15% of my screen in the top left. There is nothing displayed on this and when ever i do a mouseover i get errors.

UPDATE: When i make a new character the window is no longer there. Must be something attached to my characters settings. I bet if i clear all of those settings in the game folder, ill redo my UI and i'll be fine.
    Edited by ZombieZig on September 1, 2015 12:59AM
  • EIGHTS
    EIGHTS
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZombieZig wrote: »
    ...bet if i clear all of those settings in the game folder, ill redo my UI and i'll be fine.

Not working. I had tried many ways.
    I even deleted the folder 'Document\Elder Scrolls Online\live' and repair the game.
    It's still the same.

I had the problem in PTS too.
    After PTS updated, it was fixed itself.
    I didn't do anything.
  • EIGHTS
    EIGHTS
    ✭✭✭✭
    Edited by EIGHTS on September 1, 2015 3:00AM
  • ZombieZig
    ZombieZig
    ✭✭✭
    You are totally right, it made no difference. In fact I've spent 3 hours trying everything except deleting the entire game and reinstalling. Super Irritating.

Picture below is a screenshot of the issue.

Edited by ZombieZig on September 1, 2015 3:36AM
  • EIGHTS
    EIGHTS
    ✭✭✭✭
    I found the way to solve the problem!

Download this AddOn
    esoui.com/downloads/info673-CirconiansChatIt.html#info

After login, do twice /reloadui or logout then login again.
    The blank window is disappeared.

Thanks to the AddOn author!