Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

to all my fellow templars, are we still "viable" (topkek) in ic?

juliank1990erb16_ESO
yo,

as im playing on ps4, i have about 2 weeks left to decide wether ill buy ic or not.
im running a magicka templar, nearly a similiar build to the "OH MY GOD TEMPLAR WILL BE SO OP"-video from sipher thats on youtube. he was playing on the pts at that time.

now i read a few posts saying that templar got heavily nerfed in the ic patch.

truth or ***?

yt source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GUVqNfmq4E
  • Fizzlewizzle
    Fizzlewizzle
    ✭✭✭✭
    It depends mostly on your build/ playstyle. My own (strange) playstyle(s) got nothing but buffs... so it depends from person to person.

I wouldn't really call that build superb or op or anything.
    On IC (PTS) most people are testing and experimenting with builds. 90% chance that the people who you fight are people who don't have control yet over their chosen play style.

From what i see and can conclude it was more of a lucky run then a strong build.
    Although (in general) Puncturing Sweep is decent, you won't win wars with it once people start testing (and getting used to) the newer builds.

Also... do you think that people like Sylpher (or Youtubers in these types of games) post any of their fail videos online?
    For all we know he got his ass handed to him on a plate for X hours, and now he finally had his 3 minutes of glory.
    (Same thing... you don't see his equipment or CP. Who knows if he maxed everything out.)

Nice video nonetheless, but with these types of things i prefer live game conclusions over PTS test runs.
    Mending-The-Wounded, Aldmeri Dominion, Templar.
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamina Templars are very strong in IC.
    Haven't tested Magicka Templar.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • AfkNinja
    AfkNinja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It depends mostly on your build/ playstyle. My own (strange) playstyle(s) got nothing but buffs... so it depends from person to person.

What buffs? I only saw fixes and stealth nerfs for Templar.

To the OP I would say ask yourself this question. In most games, are you good at PVP? If you are good at pvp you will find a way to make Templar work. IMO Templar requires better awareness and reflexes to counter your opponents but it still sings in the hands of a competent user.
    Edited by AfkNinja on August 31, 2015 10:28PM
  • Mr_Nobody
    Mr_Nobody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm willing to sell the secret to OPness for 5 million gold!
    ~ @Niekas ~

• Fizzlewizzle
    Fizzlewizzle
    ✭✭✭✭
    AfkNinja wrote: »

What buffs? I only saw fixes and stealth nerfs for Templar.

To the OP I would say ask yourself this question. In most games, are you good at PVP? If you are good at pvp you will find a way to make Templar work. IMO Templar requires better awareness and reflexes to counter your opponents but it still sings in the hands of a competent user.
    Most of the buffs i speak of aren't directly tied to the Templar, although they are usable on one.
    I haven't played on the PTS, as most of my prefered gear is crafted... which has a lot of restrictions on the PTS (aka... can't craft anything since PTS accounts don't know any traits), so most of my "buffs" are confirmed, numerical boosts in the Patch Notes. The new skill changes (like Eclipse, which i'm very curious about) i have no clue about.

My builds mostly exist around Sustain, rather than damage.
    There are a lot of crafted sets (like Oblivions foe, Shalidor's Curse and Willow's Path) that have gotten bonuses for either regen or skills i often use. Same with jewelry and regen enchantments, which have gotten a 150% boost.

I haven't seen any skills which nerf me directly. Some of the "nerfs" even play into my favour because of the changes they have gotten.
    Truth be told, even the Cyrodiil debuff which lowers damage, shields and healing by 50% doesn't affect me directly. As i'm very defensive i hardly use any offensive skills (most of the times i just keep Soul Trap slotted so i can leech AP from kills other people make, but with the new Oblivion's foe effect you get a 100% damage increase in Soul trap spells, meaning my damage stays the same.)
    Besides that my healing is already overkill, making it possible to heal 200% of my own total health. The 50% healing debuff means i don't have any overkill healing anymore.
    (I don't use shields as i prefer a very low health build, which doesn't work that well with Blazing shield.)
    Mending-The-Wounded, Aldmeri Dominion, Templar.
  • Ryuho
    Ryuho
    ✭✭✭✭
    yo,

as im playing on ps4, i have about 2 weeks left to decide wether ill buy ic or not.
    im running a magicka templar, nearly a similiar build to the "OH MY GOD TEMPLAR WILL BE SO OP"-video from sipher thats on youtube. he was playing on the pts at that time.

now i read a few posts saying that templar got heavily nerfed in the ic patch.

truth or ***?

yt source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GUVqNfmq4E

I think this video was recorded before jabs nerf "fix" like they stated it.. B4 it evry1 on PTS were running as templar and just spamming jabs like crazy :wink: but 2.1.4 magicka version of jabs is so so.. stamina? yeah much better casue pentration.. but wrecklin still is better.. For sure i wont play my templar pvp, well only pve as healer..
    The Farron family team (EU)
    sorcerer - Rubeus Farron AR31
    templar - Selene Farron AR27
    nightblade - Ryuho Farron AR25
    stamplar - Nura Farron AR10
    stamsorcerer - Kitty Farron AR14 (adopted member)
    DK - Ryu Farron AR17

RETIRED

CU - next mmo