The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.4 maintenance and is currently unavailable.

Blazing Shield and Bastion

Anazasi
Anazasi
✭✭✭✭✭
ZOS, I understand the necessity for adding the reduced shield buff in PVP. However I am still confused on how bastion works in relation to the Templar Blazing shield ability. Can you please explain this mechanic? If I place 100 pts in Bastion how will blazing shield work?
  • TheBull
    TheBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It seems to and on to the 28% of Sun Shield. For example 10% in bastion makes SS 38% or your max health.

edit - On second thought. I had a guy telling me that... If I remember correctly when I ran 33k health I was only able to get a 10k bubble.
    Edited by TheBull on August 1, 2015 1:55PM
    Options
  • Baphomet
    Baphomet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bastion is messed up in PvP for sun shield and and annulment (plus their morhps).

For some reason, it works better with conjured ward and obsidian shield.

Don't put anything into it, if you're a templar...until they fix it.
    - The Psijic Order
    - TKO
    - Dominant Dominion
    - The Noore
    Options
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    With new Battle Spirit it is like 3k shield for self-sustainable PvP templar. You just dont wanna invest points to increase those pathetic 3k. And you know, http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en-GB/discussion/202627/shields-are-getting-changed-to-be-critted/p1 Sun Shield will be absolutelly useless in PvP.
    Edited by Cinbri on August 1, 2015 2:35PM
    Options
  • Baphomet
    Baphomet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If we half the numbers of 1.6, sorcs will still have hardened wards for 8-9 k mitigation in 1.7.

Try to compare that to sun shield and tell me that this ability it well-balanced, ha ha. It's a joke, and CPs can't make it a funny one.
    - The Psijic Order
    - TKO
    - Dominant Dominion
    - The Noore
    Options
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Templar really just needs to be looked over seriously. Its only a six second buff which is already horrible for an iconic class ability. The damage output isn't even good now, on an Emperor with ludicrous health. Most strong Templars I know of either don't use it, or use it sparingly between attacks if they want to be effective. This ability needs to be completely redone to be on par with what DK's and Sorcs can do (along with a lot of abilities honestly).
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
    Options
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It increases the percentage by the CP's stated percentage.

So I just tested and my BS goes from 30% to 37% with 100 points in Bastion (24% bonus). Math is 30 * 1.24 = 37%.

Which means in PvP it will go from 15% to 18, maybe 19%. IF you had 30k health this would be an increase of 1200 more shield. Pathetic for a 100 point investment.

Invest your points anywhere else.

Options
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This topic actually gave me ideas toward another balance possibility, and it occurs to me that my other post relates to it in a way that you guys might find interesting:
    forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/211441/a-suggestion-towards-balance-between-health-magicka-and-stamina#latest
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
    Options
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Skill is dead, and noonce planning to save it, so dudes, just...
    giphy.gif
    Time for new builds.
    Edited by Cinbri on August 31, 2015 8:58AM
    Options
  • Francescolg
    Francescolg
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anazasi wrote: »
    ZOS, I understand the necessity for adding the reduced shield buff in PVP.
    I'm not sure if there was any necessity..
    Options
  • pkb16_ESO2
    pkb16_ESO2
    ✭✭✭
    Anazasi wrote: »
    ZOS, I understand the necessity for adding the reduced shield buff in PVP.
    I'm not sure if there was any necessity..

No they should have done it like it was suggested a lot in forums: Dont make shields stackable.
    But no, better kill another temp skill.
    Options
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cinbri wrote: »
    Skill is dead, and noonce planning to save it, so dudes, just...
    giphy.gif
    Time for new builds.
    You are disgraceful mate
    https://youtu.be/dQw4w9WgXcQ?t=0:43s
    Edited by Soris on August 31, 2015 12:27PM
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
    Options
  • Anazasi
    Anazasi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree that its totally worthless. The concept is Templars don't need a great big shield because of the self burst type heal that Templars have. However with the smart healing system you either A have to be around no one to heal yourself, or B be the player with the lowest health. This is not an ideal situation for any Templar ever although I have saved my own ass several time because of these two possibilities. Unfortunately in 1.7 this mechanic will not actually work at all considering the battle spirit buff. Templars simply can not expect a 3k shield to withstand 10k hits from stam build. Lets face it Templars have jab or sweep that's it no other ability now that actually works with any success of DPS.

We had one trait that made us gods on the battlefield. Our healing was designed from the start to be burst healing. The more damage your allies took the more you would heal. Now that has been cut in half as well as the few good damage abilities we had. We are now nothing more than heal bots without defense thanks to this battle spirit buff.

Before 1.7 went live and the bugs were fixed regarding sharpened nirn and twice borne I had to switch to 5 heavy 2 light just to hold my own against the spamming of broken mechanics. Yea I did ok at the cost of regens, penetration and cost reduction that the light 5 piece afforded. Now sadly to say if I want to continue playing my style of play I'm still being forced into 5 heavy 2 light as a healer just to have survivability. This is absurd considering I performed extremely well in my 5 light before the 1.6 exploits. Now Every class will benefit from this new 1.7 mechanics while I am stuck holding onto handicaps because most of the Templar skills are broken in the way of balance once again.

I have said this over and over if ZOS would cap damages the issue would be have been fixed. If ZOS would have been more proactive in the pursuit of exploiters or even hot fixed the exploits in a more timely manner this type of sweeping nerf to everyone could have been avoided.

Will I stop playing my Templar. No I will adapt and overcome this some way. But as a dedicated Templar with over 120 hours played on my character it will be very challenging.
    Options