Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Leveling Class Skill lines

Willy8257
Willy8257
I am a vr1 sorc and I neglected the storm calling tree up until now (most of the abilities didnt peaked my interest and as a vamp I kinda wanted to semi RP so lighting spells don't really seem to fit very well). But anyway I want to get bolt escape as fast as possible, so what is the most efficient way to level up the storm calling tree (Or any skill line w/ actives)?

1) Does having more Storm Calling actives on my bar mean more XP?
2) Does casting these abilities in or out of combat mean more XP?
  • Tessie
    Tessie
    ✭✭✭
    Having them on your ability bar when turning in quests will give you the most increase. Having them on your ability bar when you earn any XP (exploring, kills, writs, etc) gives you an increase.

I keep items I'm trying to level on the second toolbar, and switch to that toolbar before turning in a quest.
  • deadlykitten6
    Casting them does not having on the skill bar does to level really quick put 4 skills on bar even if you never touch them and do some delves or grind some monsters or dungeons. Questing works but is gonna take longer (in my opinion)
  • StriveForGreatness
    StriveForGreatness
    Soul Shriven
    Tessie wrote: »
    Having them on your ability bar when turning in quests will give you the most increase. Having them on your ability bar when you earn any XP (exploring, kills, writs, etc) gives you an increase.

I keep items I'm trying to level on the second toolbar, and switch to that toolbar before turning in a quest.

She's perfectly right. I do the same thing as 2H DK. I placed puncture, from 1H and S, which I want as second weapon, on my main (2H) bar and it levels up quick. I'm level 21 and I started this trick at lv 17 or something and 1H is already lv. 17
    Edited by StriveForGreatness on August 31, 2015 6:49AM