Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Do staff light/heavy attacks still scale with stamina?

Layne66
Layne66
I'm trying to find info on this, but all I've seen so far are posts from over a year ago, so I'm not sure if it's true still.

Best Answers

• Allyhoo811
    Allyhoo811
    ✭✭✭
    Staff light/heavy attacks scales of spell dmg, max magicka and spell crits.

Other weapons scales of weapon dmg, max stamina and weapon crit.

To my knowledge, what I quoted is the correct answer...I'm almost 100% positive it has nothing to do with health (like mentioned in the previous post).
    Edited by Allyhoo811 on August 28, 2015 5:24PM
    Answer ✓
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can confirm weapon damage buff is based off stamina. I re-aligned my attributes by going 50/50 with stamina and health (NB) and the change was instantly noticeable.

I quickly spent another 2500 gold to put it back the way it was (5:1).

With my sorc, I'm now 30 magicka and 5 health and haven't had an issue with this so far.
    Answer ✓
  • AJ_1988
    AJ_1988
    ✭✭✭
    As far as I know they are based on spell damage, weapon and spell damage as far as I know has nothing to do with attributes. I read somewhere the other day that the only way to increase spell and weapon damage is with buffs/enchantments. The attributes govern how many spells/abilities you can use and how much damage they do.

Clarification would be nice tho.
  • Layne66
    Layne66
    The year old info I'm reading says that stamina and magicka was increasing the damage of light/heavy attacks, so you can see my confusion.
  • AJ_1988
    AJ_1988
    ✭✭✭
    If that is true then staffs would scale off magika and weapons such as swords etc would be stamina. Again I'm not sure if it makes a difference but it's safe to assume that stamina has no bearing on anything magical. Hopefully someone comes along to verify.
  • Layne66
    Layne66
    I certainly hope that's the case. I'm thinking since it's been so long since people talked about this there should've been a patch by now that changed it.
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • Layne66
    Layne66

Alright cool, when was it changed to be that? Do you know the patch?
    Edited by Layne66 on August 24, 2015 8:25AM
  • Winterpsy
    Winterpsy
    ✭✭✭
    I havent noticed the base weapon damage to increase when I buff my stamina, whereas the effect of stamina based skills receive a huge increase.

Normal weapon damage increasing stuff: buffs like rally for instance, gear that gives extra wep damage (ashen grip), medium armor, and most importantly the quality of your weapon. Certain champ points are supposed to increase it too, but since it's a tiny percentage with a single point, I havent noticed any difference tbh.
    Big fat Nord Dragon knight with a huge hammer. - Tank
    Stealthy argonian witch templar - Healer (lowbie)
  • Layne66
    Layne66
    I haven't noticed a difference either, and it's hard to tell since mobs have different amounts of armor. I was getting curious about this because my friend was reading surge on his sorcerer and was wondering why it only increases weapon damage when it costs magicka.
  • AJ_1988
    AJ_1988
    ✭✭✭
    What we need(on consoles ) is a more indepth character sheet. It's pretty basic as it stands ATM.
  • Fya0713
    Fya0713
    ✭✭
    You may have to do some testing, but since update 3 ALL weapon light/heavy attacks scale off of health. With Zenimax you never know what you're gonna get! :) You can trust me btw. I am a champion.
  • chevalierknight
    chevalierknight
    ✭✭✭
    The changed it to magic you're reading outdated info
  • Layne66
    Layne66
    The changed it to magic you're reading outdated info

Yes I know it's old info, as noted where the info was over a year ago, and why I asked this question.