The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.1 is available.
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Please give Force Shock only 1 chance to proc Nerien'Eth's Set

• Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The devs have their heads too far up their bums to give any buffs to any destro staff skills or passives. They've been demonstrating that for the last year now.

Asking for the 3-hit on CS/FS to be made 1 hit, will result in exactly that. If you think they will buff the skill to compensate for the change you are delusional.

I'm still waiting for them to reverse the 3 nerfs to Impulse (range, damage, cost) to make it even slightly comparable with Steel Tornado or Bombard

I don't want it to become 1 projectile. But it also counts as only 1 projectile against Reflective scales, showing that it's possible to make this change without changing how this ability is working.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Dracane wrote: »
    The devs have their heads too far up their bums to give any buffs to any destro staff skills or passives. They've been demonstrating that for the last year now.

Asking for the 3-hit on CS/FS to be made 1 hit, will result in exactly that. If you think they will buff the skill to compensate for the change you are delusional.

I'm still waiting for them to reverse the 3 nerfs to Impulse (range, damage, cost) to make it even slightly comparable with Steel Tornado or Bombard

I don't want it to become 1 projectile. But it also counts as only 1 projectile against Reflective scales, showing that it's possible to make this change without changing how this ability is working.

Not really.

From what I know the change was not made on Crushing Shock, it was made on the Scales. Scales has an internal cooldown for Crushing Shock, hits within the cooldown count as one.

Shock still counts as 3 hits on everything else. Which means they'll have to change the skill itself to reduce the chance to proc "on hit" set bonuses.
    Edited by Maulkin on August 29, 2015 9:51PM
    EU | PC | AD
  • Domander
    Domander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At the moment, Force shock has a 30% chance per hit to proc Nerien's set and a 40% chance with light attack in each rotation.
    I think this is unfair for everyone using this set, but not using Force Shock as their DPS ability.

Force shock should count as 1 projectile for Nerien'Eth to be in line with other abilities.
    Same goes for any other abilities that is working this way.

First off, your math is bad. For example, 10 hits would not =100%

Second, it's one advantage of that ability, that it hits 3 times.

• RoyJade
    RoyJade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Domander wrote: »
    I agree. Liquid lightning does more hit than most dot, flurry and jabs even more, and they didn't nerfed their Valkyn and Ravager nerf. It's a skill specificity, and it's one of his strength.
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At the moment, Force shock has a 30% chance per hit to proc Nerien's set and a 40% chance with light attack in each rotation.
    I think this is unfair for everyone using this set, but not using Force Shock as their DPS ability.

Force shock should count as 1 projectile for Nerien'Eth to be in line with other abilities.

My math is totally right -.- Nerien has a 10% chance on hit to proc. Force shock counts as 3 hits, means it theoretically has 3 times the chance on hit to proc it. What's wrong with my math here ?

Not really.

From what I know the change was not made on Crushing Shock, it was made on the Scales. Scales has an internal cooldown for Crushing Shock, hits within the cooldown count as one.

Shock still counts as 3 hits on everything else. Which means they'll have to change the skill itself to reduce the chance to proc "on hit" set bonuses.

Grrr, you're right. Well nevermind then, forget this topic.
    Edited by Dracane on August 29, 2015 10:23PM
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Domander
    Domander
    ✭✭✭✭✭

My math is totally right -.- Nerien has a 10% chance on hit to proc. Force shock counts as 3 hits, means it theoretically has 3 times the chance on hit to proc it. What's wrong with my math here ?

Not really.

Grrr, you're right. Well nevermind then, forget this topic.

Did you even read my example? If you did and still dont get it... then I dont know what to tell you.

And yeah it's 1 projectile, but 3 hits.
    Edited by Domander on August 29, 2015 11:13PM
  • RoyJade
    RoyJade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I remember, the real calculation is : 0,1 + (0,1 x 0,9) + (0,1 x 0,9 x 0,9)
    It's one chance x one chance WITH the first haven't proc x one chance WITH the two other haven't proc.

Or something like that.
  • Scyantific
    Scyantific
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Read the OP, looks like OP is mad that he doesn't have a Nerien'eth set.

#NoToNerfingNerien'eth
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got it. You can stop commenting already
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • RoyJade
    RoyJade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just a question, is someone know if surge heal proc on one of the three hit of force shock, or on the total ?
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RoyJade wrote: »
    Just a question, is someone know if surge heal proc on one of the three hit of force shock, or on the total ?

One of the 3 hits. So pretty poor.

Wish they would remove this cooldown already and only keep it for AoEs.
    Then I could finally dare fighting without hardened ward. At least in dungeons :D
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • RoyJade
    RoyJade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've tried surge with a stamina build (2 hand and werewolf), and the heal was very good. But on my magicka sorc, without a spammable ability other than force shock...
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RoyJade wrote: »
    I've tried surge with a stamina build (2 hand and werewolf), and the heal was very good. But on my magicka sorc, without a spammable ability other than force shock...

#MakeMagesFuryBecomeAspammableClassAbilityCompareableToOtherSpammableOnes
    siobahn-curious-cat-300x300.jpg
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.