Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server

Dungeons for 2-6-8 ....even more than 12 players

mar1ano1987nrb18_ESO
It would be very awesome if we had different options for group size in dungeons ...right now the options only are : group dungeons of 4 and trials for 12 people.
But what happen if you have 6 people, or if you have less than 12? there is no much to do except public dungeons, landscape content ..or pvp of course.
I would love to see this implemented in future updates, options are always welcome in my opinion.

what do you think ?

Stukha - Dragon Knight - Ebonheart Pact
Bazhinga - Nightblade - Ebonheart Pact
/
  • Welka
    Welka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's already hard to gather 4 people for a random group dungeon, especially when you don't have an active and helpful guild. So 6, 8 or 12... :(
  • mar1ano1987nrb18_ESO
    Well, like you said ...that depends on the guild you are on. In my case: my guild rarely gets 12 vet 12 online at the same time (we have a lot of lower level people) so trials are off , The only pve option its to make 2 groups of 4 people and run 4 man dungeon, but there is always someone who is left behind (the number 5, the number 9 )
    The other option is to go to Cyrodiil, but not all the people likes to pvp

Stukha - Dragon Knight - Ebonheart Pact
    Bazhinga - Nightblade - Ebonheart Pact
    /
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welka wrote: »
    It's already hard to gather 4 people for a random group dungeon, especially when you don't have an active and helpful guild. So 6, 8 or 12... :(
    Yes, this.

Now, in an ideal world you could have dungeons that scale in difficulty to the number of people in the group, but I think that would be a lot of work to implement and properly balance.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Welka
    Welka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think this was brought up at quakecon and I believe they plan on implementing some sort of difficulty scaling dynamically
  • Evergnar
    Evergnar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be very awesome if we had different options for group size in dungeons ...right now the options only are : group dungeons of 4 and trials for 12 people.
    But what happen if you have 6 people, or if you have less than 12? there is no much to do except public dungeons, landscape content ..or pvp of course.
    I would love to see this implemented in future updates, options are always welcome in my opinion.

what do you think ?
    I'd prefer zero restrictions. If you want to go die trying a 12 man dungeon have at it. I really don't see the point of player number restrictions in ESO.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    what do you think ?
    You forgot the group of 1 option ...
    ;-)
  • Lord_Hev
    Lord_Hev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    A scaling feature would be great, and they touched upon this at Quakecon. They have plans to both scale to group leader + # of people in a group, Thus, it would seem group dungeons will become both solo/duoable + still a challenge for 4 man, because the statistics will balance and scale based on # of party members + Group leaders lvl.

I personally am eager for this to be added. I solo/duo 90% of the time. Would love to tackle these dungeons with my partner-in-crime. :) We like to immersive ourselves in the dialogue and enviroment, and it can very overtly difficult to find 2 others to join us and play like this. So, ya. This is a win-win for everyone.
    Neqamancer | Qaevir/Qaevira Av Morilye/Molag
    Tri-Faction @Lord_Hevnoraak ingame
    PC NA
  • GFBStarWars
    GFBStarWars
    ✭✭✭
    could have a dungeon that need 2 4-players group to complete, each group will do a part and will meet at the end for boss fight.
    still not more than that, finding good player in the vr content using the group finder is hard
  • Audigy
    Audigy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

what do you think ?

Well, Blizzard tried this with WOTLK and honestly, it didn't work out and they are trying to fix this with their new addon now.

A lot of smaller guilds died with WOTLK as their members ran away to the larger guilds where the top loot dropped. Players "abused" their small guilds as a springboard to be able to join the big ones.

You need to consider, if you have a 20 men raid then you will need about 30 players in your roster.

Smaller guilds will not have the members for this and they will need to rotate a lot at the smaller raids to gear up players. This however will make many people angry, as they don't like to be benched.

At the same time, the requirements for those 20 men trials will be the 12 men trials and for those the 4 mens ... Its a never-ending cycle and guilds will run into huge problems as we can witness at WOW since a few years.

Besides the problems for the guilds, ZO has to put resources into niche content - resources that will be missing from key features such as housing, new NPC guilds etc.

I think sticking to one size is the better option, it will give the Devs more time to design those while other content updates wont be held back for niche content either.

A possible solution to your request is a scaling feature, unfortunately have I not yet seen an MMO where this actually works. Blizzard tried this, but it failed.

13 players is the optimum setup for a raid atm. bosses are easiest and loot is best, that's why they bring back the 20 men HC raids with WOTD.
  • chimneyswift_ESO
    chimneyswift_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think it'd be great to see Dungeons for 1-2 players at minimum...probably 12 players max. But yes, I agree that having dungeons sized at 2, 4, 6, 8, 12 would be really fun!
    Ebonheart Pact
    GM of Secret Order of Sotha Sil
    Stam DK - Chimneyswift
    NB Healer - Hist-and-Honey
    Templar - Milvela Volos
    Sorc - Thè Flash

For ESO builds & guides: http://www.ChimneySwift11.com
    YouTube: youtube.com/ChimneySwift11
    Twitch: https://twitch.tv/chimneyswift11
    Facebook Gaming: http://www.fb.gg/ChimneySwift11
  • Anvos
    Anvos
    ✭✭✭
    2 is really hard to do as other than relying on stuff like needing two people levers and such its hard to balance something between being doable by 1 or 2 people.
  • elphaba_thropp
    elphaba_thropp
    Soul Shriven
    Its much more fun working in a duo or group, so developers should encourage this more by blocking some quests/dungeons off unless you are in a group. This might encourage people to get in the habit of using group finder more regularly. ATM I am playing 95% solo which is not why I rolled a healer but its too much hassle trying to setup a group.
  • Sotha_Sil
    Sotha_Sil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    12 is fine. More would mean gathering more and more "staff" users with the current skill unbalance and it would emphasize the current weaknesses of the game. Until the stamina builds are fixed, I wouldn't ask for something else.
    Edited by Sotha_Sil on August 1, 2014 10:06AM
    Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise! - Spells and incantations for those with the talent to cast them!
  • Anvos
    Anvos
    ✭✭✭
    Its much more fun working in a duo or group, so developers should encourage this more by blocking some quests/dungeons off unless you are in a group. This might encourage people to get in the habit of using group finder more regularly. ATM I am playing 95% solo which is not why I rolled a healer but its too much hassle trying to setup a group.

Your argument is flawed since it seems to forget that with the nerfing of vet zones barely anything that isn't a group dungeon, trial, or craglorn is difficult enough to need others.

Seriously dolmens in vet are soloable unless you get certain stronger drops like multiple harvestors or storm atronachs. Vet Public dungeons have become a joke were you can solo the group challenges. Also challenges in vet only require a group if their are multiple enemies or it has elite immunities.
  • Cozzaa89
    Cozzaa89
    Looking for a team on the EU server in ebonheart pact for 12man
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Evergnar wrote: »

what do you think ?
    I'd prefer zero restrictions. If you want to go die trying a 12 man dungeon have at it. I really don't see the point of player number restrictions in ESO.

Unless they changed it at some point, you can already do this. I know for sure you can go into a vet dungeon with less than 4. Me and 2 guildmates 3 manned the pledges a couple weeks ago. And there are well known videos of DKs and NBs soloing aetherian archive from when craglorn first came out. I'm assuming that hasn't changed.

rip decibel
  • Eshelmen
    Eshelmen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IC DLC!
    24 man groups in a public dungeon!
    PC and PS4 EP only player
  • Kuroinu
    Kuroinu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think you'd necessarily need to scale the difficulty of the content for the number of players, that would be adjusted solely by the number of players. To be honest, that's part of the fun of why people like soloing and duoing Group Dungeons; because it makes them more of a challenge compared to having a full group. Aside from being slightly more convenient to just quickly group-and-go.

There may be group "checks" in certain Trials/Dungeons that may have to be slightly adjusted for a smaller group. But this might not be a massive undertaking like some would believe. However, I'm no expert on the behind the scenes of making a Trial/Dungeon and its rules.
    Edited by Kuroinu on August 30, 2015 12:27AM
  • Scyantific
    Scyantific
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would be in support of either 6-man or 8-man dungeons because our guild is starting to get more people hitting the Vet Ranks.

Hell, we did a Craglorn run a while back with some fresh VRs and ended up having to split off our 4 V14s to help the others get through the 4-man delves.

Most of them aren't hardcore enough to push for v14-v16 and immediately start doing trials, but they're not against doing group dungeons.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally I don't think the dungeons can handle more ppl in a party.
    When you think of the Vet versions it's really based on 4 ppl. If there were more party members those easy dungeons would become like the level 1-50 content OR it would require a lot of development which aid rather see put into the future DLC.

Maybe they'll add more 10 man encounters for us all
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • RizaHawkeye
    RizaHawkeye
    ✭✭✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »
    Welka wrote: »
    Yes, this.

Now, in an ideal world you could have dungeons that scale in difficulty to the number of people in the group, but I think that would be a lot of work to implement and properly balance.

Yes, but what a perfect world it would be ...

Think of the problems it would solve.
    War does not determine who is right - only who is left.

The heroes during times of war, are nothing but mass murderers during times of peace.

Riza Hawkeye

Learn to play, or resign to become one of pieces that is meant to be sacrificed.

Meridia