The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Faolchu is bugged once again.

Ageless
Ageless
✭✭✭
In The Nameless Soldier, while in the old times, I'll have to defeat Faolchu. Killed all his henchmen, but he will not come down from his ledge.
I saw in the 2.0.4 patch notes that he will now more reliably jump down after you kill the soldiers associated with this quest, but nuhuh, not so in patch 2.0.7

Tried shooting him with Focused Aim IV, but that only took 10 off his health for every arrow hitting him. With a health of 47K that's going to take a while.
And of course while trying to write the bug in the dungeon, his henchmen reset... running. :smile:
Jord.

As I burn down and murder, I know that God forgives.
'Spite all the things I've done my soul yet forever lives.
And all those caught in the shadow of my wings have cause to fear.
I swear on all I've done, no evil shall linger here.

• Vaaco
    Vaaco
    ✭✭
    Doing it at V8 - Bugged for me to!!
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Thanks for the heads up, guys. We'll take a peek.

Edit: Hey @Vaaco and @Ageless, approximately how much time did you spend fighting Faolchu when he got into a bugged state?
    Edited by ZOS_GinaBruno on May 1, 2015 3:19PM
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the heads up, guys. We'll take a peek.

Edit: Hey @Vaaco and @Ageless, approximately how much time did you spend fighting Faolchu when he got into a bugged state?
    When I did it on an alt, it took about 15 minutes... only reason I waited is there were 3 other people in the area so it wouldn't reset.
  • Ageless
    Ageless
    ✭✭✭
    I was there until the henchmen reset, been throwing Focused Aim IV at him for as long as my stamina could bear. So must have been about 10-15 minutes? Once his henchmen respawned, and Faolchu had reset to full health, I high-tailed it out of there.
    Jord.

• Glycer
    Glycer
    ✭✭
    Still bugged. Doing a soft reset before attempting again, but Faolchou is again stuck on the ledge.
    PK'ing since Pong.
    Founder of Inside Trade.
    Developer at PlayerGadget.
  • Seravi
    Seravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make sure you or no one else attacks him while he is up on the ledge. That seems to cause the bug. I've had this happen to me and had to wait until everyone gave up and left, let the NPCs respawn, kill them, then he spawns properly below so you can attack.
  • Lunerdog
    Lunerdog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happened to me the other night, I was on my own in there and he wasn't attacked, had to exit and re-enter to restart the instance.
    Edited by Lunerdog on May 9, 2015 1:10PM
  • olemanwinter
    olemanwinter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    4 DC characters. He's never NOT been bugged for me. lmao
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Even on the ledge, he can be defeated. I've done it with two alts recently. He is weakened by fire, so any ranged attack with a fire element will knock him out, ledge or not.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • Ageless
    Ageless
    ✭✭✭
    Glenumbra
    * The Nameless Soldier: Faolchu has ceased being coy and is now always on ground level. He can be attacked at any point, but beware his Alessian soldiers!
    Patch Notes 2.0.8.

I'll see if that's true then. :smile:
    Jord.

• Ageless
    Ageless
    ✭✭✭
    Now it's completely bugged. I've had to restart 3 times already in about as many minutes.
    First I was fighting the two henchmen outside the tent at the bottom of the stairs, had just conquered them when everything reset and I had to fight them again.

Okay if you want it like that. So then I was just in the middle of a fight with Foalchu and 3 of his henchmen when everyone disappeared and they all reset to their start places.

So then while typing this, in what I thought was a safe place behind the tent in the corner, sitting in sneak position, hidden... I all of a sudden see my screen is red, because Faolchu has found me. What? Something to do with the fact that sneaking is broken, of course? OK, so let me fight him, and only him if possible.

But then I see that it doesn't matter what I hit him with, fire-arrows, Bombard IV, Focused Aim, that his health only goes down per 10 points. Doesn't matter that he's on fire. I dance to the other side of the room, get him down from 35,625 to pfwoar 34,895 and die.

I'll be back when I'm VR14 and have a hand-cannon or an M1 Abrams.
    10s.jpg
    really.jpg

Where can I ask for restitution for the damage to my armor and the money I had to use to travel to the nearest wayshrine? :wink:
    Edited by Ageless on May 11, 2015 4:33PM
    Jord.

• stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this the all too familiar pattern of ZOS trying to fix something, but instead breaking it more?
  • jmgrant44ub17_ESO
    jmgrant44ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    This quest is a complete mess. Faolchu not there and when he does show up all the other npcs reset and then disappear. I also got stuck in the stairs and had to reset. This quest need a lot of work. I was on the EU server.
  • ZOS_TristanK
    ZOS_TristanK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We're investigating further. Thanks for the additional reports!
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • Grileenor
    Grileenor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just tried to beat him on cadwells gold. Impossible. No matter how many henchman I kill until Faolchu is on me, I will always get attacked by three to five more of them and Faolchu at the same time. When I die, everything resets instantly. Not possible to beat.
  • Ageless
    Ageless
    ✭✭✭
    Have just returned here to see what I could do. Faolchu's henchmen die easily, but the Wolf himself is again losing health by the tens, doesn't matter what I hit him with. I hit him with a fully filled meteor and his health went from the 47,667 he starts with to a massive 47,467. The 5 seconds after that while he was fully on fire, his health went down to 47,447.

Uhm, will return again in another future. One where he's fixed.
    Jord.

• negbert
    negbert
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think you need to make him walk through one of the areas of fire in the room in order to weaken him. That's if you can get him down off the ledge.
  • Ageless
    Ageless
    ✭✭✭
    He's no longer on the ledge. He now starts at the back of the room, down to the left of the stairs. Him being on fire, while walking through fire doesn't matter.
    Jord.

• Seravi
    Seravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ugh hope they fix this soon.
  • Varicite
    Varicite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ageless wrote: »
    In The Nameless Soldier, while in the old times, I'll have to defeat Faolchu. Killed all his henchmen, but he will not come down from his ledge.
    I saw in the 2.0.4 patch notes that he will now more reliably jump down after you kill the soldiers associated with this quest, but nuhuh, not so in patch 2.0.7

Tried shooting him with Focused Aim IV, but that only took 10 off his health for every arrow hitting him. With a health of 47K that's going to take a while.
    And of course while trying to write the bug in the dungeon, his henchmen reset... running. :smile:

Oh wow, I've skipped this quest on all of my DC characters since the first time doing it.

Didn't realize it was part of Cadwell's Almanac for other factions.. : /

Hopefully they actually do fix this soon.
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've lost count of the number of times ZOS have tried to fix this and they've still utterly failed to do so.

'Pathetic' doesn't come close.
  • Tyrusaran
    Tyrusaran
    ✭✭
    Yeah this is a massive pain, no reason they can not just decrease the dmg this SOB does or better yet do that AND remove the damn adds. feels like you're fighting some raid boss.
  • Ageless
    Ageless
    ✭✭✭
    Also sad that despite several patches since the initial report, this is still not fixed and apparently not something of a hurry either. No, then the timing of a respawning bag near the Elderroot Tree is much more important. ;)
    Jord.

• Blakkheim
    Blakkheim
    ✭✭
    I'm AD and the game won't let me 'pass' DC because this quest is bugged.

I go down the stairs, fight the first 2 by the tent and Falchou is aggro'd over. He hits a fire pit on the way over, turns into a human and I can damage him about a 1/4% of his health. Well then Falchou goes back into his 'werewolf' form after the fire effect wears off, and the whole room then resets (everybody disappears) and then the 2 I killed respawn and Falchou respawns at the back by the tents in the back.

I've also done this quest where I had a companion and each time I died, the companion got stuck in place and wouldn't 're-team' w/ me. I went back outside to the quest giver and chose to save the girl up top instead of fighting Falchou first which is why you're given the companion. If you save the girl first, you have to fight Falchou alone which is where I'm now at.

What ZOS needs to do is get rid of all enemies in this room and just have it be you 2 like the other Kill Falchou quest you do and you have to lead him over each fire pit in that room as well.

Edit- Ok looking up this quest more in-depth, you're supposed to clear out the bottom room first like the quest says then kill Falchou. Well, the second you attack the 2 at the bottom, Falchou is aggro'd over and usually he brings 2-3 guys w/ him so you're now up to 5 NPC's plus Falchou.

Because Falchou is aggro'd the second you attack someone in the bottom by the tents, I believe this is what is causing the room to reset since no one was killed prior to aggro'ing Falchou. That's why he was up top, he was supposed to only come down after the room was cleared. But because Falchou is always on the bottom now, he is aggro'd instantly once an NPC is attacked.

Edit 2 - Alright this is from the 2.0.8 patch notes - "He can be attacked at any point, but beware his Alessian soldiers!"

The quest is set up for you to wipe out his soldiers prior to attacking Faolchu. But because Faolchu's on ground level he aggro's instantly, he's effectively forcing the room to reset so you can never pass the quest.

I'm not a professional, but by placing Faolchu on the ground but not changing the quest's requirement of eliminating all guards prior to attacking Faolchu, the quest effectively resets itself every single time preventing progression.

Just my 2 cents and hopefully something ZOS can fix.
    Edited by Blakkheim on June 20, 2015 10:10AM
  • xiaomao
    xiaomao
    Soul Shriven
    This quest is still bugged. Blakkheim describes exactly what I am seeing. You are supposed to kill the adds below before engaging Faolchu, however Faolchu is aggro'd as soon as you attack any add on the camp floor. After killing any number of people at the bottom, Faolchu resetting will actually reset the entire camp as well.

I agree the other enemies need to go. If they all reset in a matter of seconds, whats the point? Just have Faolchu and the fires down here...
  • AlmightyGoldfish
    Okay I dont know what patch they did to fix it (or if they did).

I tried about 12 times to sneak up on him (died by him and his not-so-friendly mob) and tried to see if I was doing anything wrong. I did mess around with my skills again (had most set to crafting) as well as having a cool off period so I didn't destroy my beloved computer but I pretty much winged it in the end.

I was adamant on saving Alana so no backup.

I waited till I was V3 aswell just to give me that oomph. Basically jumped down to the side and snuck up on him and led him to the first Fire (in which he doesn't even have to stand on before being affected). Hit him like crazy whilst holding off on single NPC, before moving to fire pile directly over the path (and attacked him like crazy again), died in the process of killing (from mob) him BUT it did not reset and caption came up with Completed so re-Spawned and finished mission.

Hope this helps someone
    FYI with gaming you meet a lot of different people
    Today you have met the best saltiest person there can be.
    You just met the WhaleSperm