The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.4 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

Molag Kena procs on ranged weaving

glavius
glavius
✭✭✭✭✭
Tested with lightning staff light attack/force shock weaving, lightning staff light attack/shadow silk weaving and bow light attack and poison arrow weaving.
Is this intended?

Does not proc on melee weaving.
  • Xeven
    Xeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thats cool if intended. TBH the cost increase is extremely prohibitive for PVP. That is a PVE set.

EDIT:
    I really don't understand the logic. "Lets make a godly piece of gear, then sh*t on it with an unreasonable debuff." ... "Yeah bro, lets do that, yeah."

If it's too strong, dial it back, don't sh*t on it FFS. Nobody likes these kinds of gear choices. It's not fun or original. I thought MMOs learned to stop making gear like this a decade ago.

Edited by Xeven on August 25, 2015 8:24PM
    Options
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the set is great even for pvp tbh ._.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

Options
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    There are many abilities that Molag Kena can be weaved with. Tooltip gg
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

Options
  • Ahzek
    Ahzek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure if its PTS lag or the fact that uppercut has a cast/travel time of its own, or something completely different, but weaving that one with light attacks will also procc Molag reliably.

Edit: @Xeven The set is actually quite well designed in my opinion. It provides a way to gain a quite strong effectiveness boost (damage and healing) for a short period of time that is kept in check by a increase in resource cost ( really what build atm actually needs to worry about resources ?) and a set, actively controlled activation mechanism that allows everyone to decide when to activate the benefit, while allowing counterplay at the same time ( dodge the light attacks or avoid the player while overlaod is active to waste his resources) .

With this set ZOS has bascially provided a means for PvPers to work around the damage nerf in PvP, by providing a tool that gives the ability to creat high damage situations (at a cost) that demands to be activated first. This way the immensely short TTK from getting ganked/attacked unaware gets increased, but players still have tools to push for taking down their opponents.
    Edited by Ahzek on August 26, 2015 9:06PM
    Jo'Khaljor
    Options
  • Xeven
    Xeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xeven wrote: »
    Thats cool if intended. TBH the cost increase is extremely prohibitive for PVP. That is a PVE set.

EDIT:
    I really don't understand the logic. "Lets make a godly piece of gear, then sh*t on it with an unreasonable debuff." ... "Yeah bro, lets do that, yeah."
    Ahzek wrote: »
    I'm not sure if its PTS lag or the fact that uppercut has a cast/travel time of its own, or something completely different, but weaving that one with light attacks will also procc Molag reliably.

Edit: @Xeven The set is actually quite well designed in my opinion. It provides a way to gain a quite strong effectiveness boost (damage and healing) for a short period of time that is kept in check by a increase in resource cost ( really what build atm actually needs to worry about resources ?) and a set, actively controlled activation mechanism that allows everyone to decide when to activate the benefit, while allowing counterplay at the same time ( dodge the light attacks or avoid the player while overlaod is active to waste his resources) .

With this set ZOS has bascially provided a means for PvPers to work around the damage nerf in PvP, by providing a tool that gives the ability to creat high damage situations (at a cost) that demands to be activated first. This way the immensely short TTK from getting ganked/attacked unaware gets increased, but players still have tools to push for taking down their opponents.

I will agree that this is a good gank/pve set. I feel like a 1/3 increase to ALL ability cost in 1.7 will be a problem. If you can sustain it, sure, go for it, but the damage you traded for sustain probably cancels out whatever you've gained from it.
    Options
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

EDIT:
    Ahzek wrote: »

I will agree that this is a good gank/pve set. I feel like a 1/3 increase to ALL ability cost in 1.7 will be a problem. If you can sustain it, sure, go for it, but the damage you traded for sustain probably cancels out whatever you've gained from it.

If it is using the same percentage formula of other cost reductions it wont turn out to be a 33% increase in actual cost, it will be far less. I'll have to test this out because from what I can see it is amazing. Damage abilities right now are ridiculously cheap. I can see this being more problematic if you're forced to spam damage shields all the time since they wont benefit from the spell power.
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
    Options
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does the 33% cost increase apply to dodge, block and break free too?

PC EU
    PvP only
    Options
  • Xeven
    Xeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is my interpretation of it.This is an old photo, the cost increase is now 33%, and the damage is not as high.

eso-molag-kena-4.jpg
    Edited by Xeven on August 26, 2015 9:50PM
    Options
  • Mantic0r3
    Mantic0r3
    ✭✭✭
    it even increases ultimate cost by 33% (yes exactly 33%; my meteor went from 200 to 266)
    not sure about "normal" skills though with all the reduction floating around^^

edit: should not increase dodge roll and stuff as those are not abilities.
    Edited by Mantic0r3 on August 26, 2015 11:51PM
    Options
  • Xeven
    Xeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just tested. Does in fact increase the cost of dodge roll.

Edited by Xeven on August 27, 2015 12:19AM
    Options
  • Xeven
    Xeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Confirming it will proc on Crushing Shock weaving. They keep on using the word consecutive...

mqdefault.jpg
    Edited by Xeven on August 27, 2015 5:36AM
    Options
  • Xeven
    Xeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    v16 High Elf Sorcerer in IC

5/5 Scathing Mage
    2/2 Molag Kena
    3/3 Willpower with Magicka Cost Reduction
    Crown Fortifying Meal
    100 CP split evenly between Magician Mooncalf and Tumbling
    300 Total CP spent
    All passives unlocked
    7/7 Light

40093 Max Magicka
    19181 Max Health
    12849 Max Stamina

Magicka Regen 808
    Health Regen 370
    Stamina Regen 688
    Spell Damage 1723

Frag (proc)/Crushing Shock/LA weave down 5-6 Daedra and I'm OOM. Increases cost of everything including ultimates and dodge rolling.

Edited by Xeven on August 27, 2015 2:17AM
    Options
  • Stikato
    Stikato
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Lol, who designs this crap.
    Mordimus - Stam Sorc
    Options
  • Mantic0r3
    Mantic0r3
    ✭✭✭
    if only item descriptions would ever say what the item/skill actually does...

so who wants to bet? does it increase block cost? :D
    Edited by Mantic0r3 on August 27, 2015 1:10AM
    Options
  • Xeniph
    Xeniph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    800 magicka regen lol
    Here since Beta.

Characters: All of them, both Stamina and Magicka.
    Options
  • Xeven
    Xeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xeniph wrote: »
    800 magicka regen lol

Yeah that's pretty bad. You can start to replace magicka and spell power with regen, but then youre just going in circles. There may be a balanced regen/molag kena build that will become the new high spell damage build, but I'm not sure how much higher it will be.

Edited by Xeven on August 27, 2015 2:28AM
    Options
  • Xeven
    Xeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just a quick comparison with the same gear as posted above.

Crystal Frag Tootip Damage:

Crown Refreshing Drink: 8337
    Crown Fortifying Meal: 9001
    Crown Refreshing Drink + Molag Kena Proc'd: 9220

If you're going to full time Molag Kena, you're going to need to feed it some regen from somewhere. Here I've traded magicka from food, for regen from drink. In return, I've gained 2.43% (9220/9001) damage when proc'd. That's not really that much, and I actually lose a lot more damage when not proc'd. What if I put crit/magicka/spellpower in those slots instead and ate food? I stand by my original assessment that this set is currently garbage. It would have been much better with a lower set bonus and no penalty.

Another annoying thing I noticed while testing, I would go to use meteor just as the set would proc, then suddenly I dont have enough ultimate because of the cost increase. Im just standing there mashing the ultimate key like wtf?

I am not impressed.

Edited by Xeven on August 27, 2015 6:17AM
    Options
  • Xeven
    Xeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bumping this because this is the only thread with actual testing as of yesterday's patch.

Edited by Xeven on August 27, 2015 5:58PM
    Options
  • Iggybot
    Iggybot
    ✭✭✭
    I think I'll prefer it in pvp where more resources are always helpful. In pve I tend to use gear with the bare minimum sustain possible.
    Options
  • Zlater
    Zlater
    ✭✭✭
    I find this 2 piece really helpful in PvP. Overload is only good for 1 or 2 hits before everyone sees you throwing them and starts rolling, but with Soul Assault its pretty nuts, pretty much a guaranteed kill.
    Ask for an invite to the greatest network of guilds ever. Redfur Trading, Redfur Exchange and Redfur Army!

www.redfurconnect.com
    Options
  • Soulac
    Soulac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you plan to use regen/cost reduction glyphs and kena you should consider to drop one piece kena and go for three dmg glyphs instead.
    Too lose some recovery is better than having kena up all the time and have 33% on everything including dodge and break free.

In case you decide to run dmg glyphs together with kena then forget what I said.
    R.I.P Dawnbreaker / Auriel´s Bow
    Member of the Arena Guild and the overpowered Banana Squad.
    Nathaerizh aka Cat - Nightblade V16 - EU

- Meow -
    Options
  • Kas
    Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soulac wrote: »
    If you plan to use regen/cost reduction glyphs and kena you should consider to drop one piece kena and go for three dmg glyphs instead.
    Too lose some recovery is better than having kena up all the time and have 33% on everything including dodge and break free.

In case you decide to run dmg glyphs together with kena then forget what I said.

indeed. i guess kena makes sense if you

1) already over sustain(e.g. many cpoints, elemental drain on mob, etc). for exampel a magicka nb in pve to give an extreme example.
    2) want specific burst (pvp) and are willing to manage the set adn decide when to proc it

however, what is discussed in this thread is not due to ranged weaving but due to force pulse which doesn't count for some reason. there are multiple abilities of that kind, i don't know of a complete list, yet
    @bbu - AD/EU
    Kasiia - Templar (AR46)
    Kasiir Aberion - Sorc (AR38)
    Dr Kastafari - Warden (~AR31)
    + many others
    Options
  • Xeven
    Xeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I just said that in post #18, with math and tooltip damage to back it up, lol.

This is why I love this game, I get to faceroll nerds who have not the slightest clue on how to gear up effectively.
    Options
  • Xantaria
    Xantaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mantic0r3 wrote: »

:')

Xantaria - Lead of Chimaira
    Hardcore Progress PvE Player - Livestream - Youtube

World First Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    World First Tick-Tock Tormentor

Proud Member of the Council of Exploiters.
    Options
  • Soulac
    Soulac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I just said that in post #18, with math and tooltip damage to back it up, lol.

This is why I love this game, I get to faceroll nerds who have not the slightest clue on how to gear up effectively.

Well you did some math with with crystal fragment, I saw that.
    But people need to keep in mind that it also increases dodge etc. making kena not really good if you rely on animation cancel with dodge or bash.
    You said nothing about it, so pssssst :P
    R.I.P Dawnbreaker / Auriel´s Bow
    Member of the Arena Guild and the overpowered Banana Squad.
    Nathaerizh aka Cat - Nightblade V16 - EU

- Meow -
    Options
  • Xeven
    Xeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭

=P

Edited by Xeven on August 28, 2015 1:42PM
    Options
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Xantaria wrote: »
    Mantic0r3 wrote: »

:')
    It must be off-topic but what does this emote :') means?
    Options