The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.4 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

Molag Kena 2piece "Overkill" bugged ?

Leon119
Leon119
✭✭✭✭
After using this set on the PTS the trigger condition for the spell power and weapon dmg buff seems to proc with a normal rotation of LA-Ability weaving. the set's description states however that it should only proc when you use consecutive light attacks (without weaving any abilities between those light attacks ). Obviously there is a bug, either the description is wrong or the set is not working properly.
Can we get any clarification about this issue ?
If this set remains as it is now its a no-brainer as the most important set for any damage role in pve and possibly pvp so it should be looked into promptly.
  • Xeven
    Xeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leon119 wrote: »
    After using this set on the PTS the trigger condition for the spell power and weapon dmg buff seems to proc with a normal rotation of LA-Ability weaving. the set's description states however that it should only proc when you use consecutive light attacks (without weaving any abilities between those light attacks ). Obviously there is a bug, either the description is wrong or the set is not working properly.
    If this set remains as it is now its a no-brainer as the most important set for any damage role in pve and possibly pvp so it should be looked into promptly.

The description is wrong. They used the word consecutive, but it does not mean what they think it means. There is a short timer. If you connect two light attacks within that time, the set will proc.

The set is garbage IMO, and even more so after today. MMOs learned to stop putting debuffs on gear a decade ago. If it's too strong, dial it back, dont sh*t on it. It does not create interesting choices or tradeoffs. It's not fun or cute. Its obnoxious.

Edited by Xeven on August 26, 2015 8:38PM
    Options
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Depends on the weave. If the ability you weave does not cause damage, you're good

For example on my Sorc, the Crushing Shock will get Molag Kena buff in the following rotations:
    • LA->Crit Surge->LA->Crushing Shock
    • LA->Velocious Curse->LA->Crushing Shock
    • LA->Shield->LA->Crushing Shock.

The following don't work:
    • LA->Entropy->LA->Crushing Shock
    • LA->Crushing Shock->LA->Crushing Shock

Basically if you weave Velocious Curse every 4" you get the buff permanently.

Also, it works with Overload.

Edited by Maulkin on August 26, 2015 8:52PM
    EU | PC | AD
    Options
  • Xeven
    Xeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I stand corrected. Now the set is even worse than I originally thought.
    Edited by Xeven on August 26, 2015 8:59PM
    Options
  • Ahzek
    Ahzek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1st. there already was a similar thread to this one : http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/2181389/#Comment_2181389

2nd. @mike.gaziotisb16_ESO I sadly don't know if its the lag on PTS or something about the ability itself, but weaving uppercut with LAs will also procc Molag Kena.

@Xeven I explained my reasoning why I believe the drawback (which actually hardly matters) of Molag Kena to be justified in the thread I posted above, since you commented there as well.
    Jo'Khaljor
    Options
  • Xeven
    Xeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll check it out, thanks, I'm very interested to read why you think a 1/3 cost increase of ALL abilities hardly matters. If you can sustain, then yes, it doesnt matter, but I feel like that is going to be a problem in 1.7.

Edited by Xeven on August 26, 2015 9:07PM
    Options
  • Ahzek
    Ahzek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Xeven
    I don't think it matters beause you won't want to have a 100% uptime on Molag Kena.
    You will probably only use the 2 piece bonus to push for damage. When you then have your opponent on the defensive you would probably not take the time to light attack twice in a row (unless ofc you use one of the "interesting" skills that seem to not break the chain) to not give him a chance to recover and instead will continue pressuring him with basic skills and weaving.
    Similary the effect can be controlled by the player using the set. You probably wont trigger Molag Kena when you are at 30% of your resource (or below) and thus you will hardly ever be actually be affected by the drawback in a big way.

There is only one situation I can see where the Molag Kena procc will really pose more than a minor annoyance and that is with a WW that is being pushed to the defensive with the buff still up. "Hircines bounty" with a 33% cost increase won't keep you alive for long and retaliating will be hard, since resource sustain as WW in general is not always easy.
    Edited by Ahzek on August 26, 2015 9:25PM
    Jo'Khaljor
    Options
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    It might be the Lag that causes this. Prolly it registers LA>LA>SKill due to high ping instead of LA>Skill>LA

There are any abilities it works with, but not all. Also, there is no pattern, so I dunno why it works with some and with some it aint.
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

Options
  • Xantaria
    Xantaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remove this set, I hate it.
    Xantaria - Lead of Chimaira
    Hardcore Progress PvE Player - Livestream - Youtube

World First Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    World First Tick-Tock Tormentor

Proud Member of the Council of Exploiters.
    Options
  • Jeckll
    Jeckll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ahzek wrote: »

2nd. @mike.gaziotisb16_ESO I sadly don't know if its the lag on PTS or something about the ability itself, but weaving uppercut with LAs will also procc Molag Kena.

So interesting I keep hearing that. I tried it multiple times and it never worked with Uppercut or any other ability. And it's not like I dont know how to weave ^^ But I also never had lag when trying it.

On topic: Tried it yesterday with Surprise Attack, Rending Slashes, Wblow, Poison Injection and Killer's blade. Didnt work.
    Jeckll has quit the game. Thanks for the great time.
    Options
  • Xeven
    Xeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited by Xeven on August 27, 2015 1:16PM
    Options
  • Ahzek
    Ahzek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Jeckll Maybe try dizzyibg swing ? Thats the only morph I used on the PTS so far and i have a reproduction rate of 100%.

Also, it does not seem to have anything to do with the skill dealing instant damage or not. I could not get it to work wirth rally, crit surge or defensive stance ( havent tested much else).
    Jo'Khaljor
    Options
  • Ahzek
    Ahzek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Xeven i will answer here, since the post i will be reffering to is in this thread as well.

For PvE you are probably right, Molag Kena, even when not interrupting the rotation, will go heavy on your resources. By the way i remember spell symmetry being run by basically every magicka DPS build ever before 1.6, maybe there can be found some merit to using it again ?
    For PvP i explained in my post above (#7), why i think the drawback hardly matters.
    Jo'Khaljor
    Options
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    Xeven wrote: »
    Leon119 wrote: »

The description is wrong. They used the word consecutive, but it does not mean what they think it means. There is a short timer. If you connect two light attacks within that time, the set will proc.

The set is garbage IMO, and even more so after today. MMOs learned to stop putting debuffs on gear a decade ago. If it's too strong, dial it back, dont sh*t on it. It does not create interesting choices or tradeoffs. It's not fun or cute. Its obnoxious.

That is not true, I did some tests, for example you cant weave it with the instcast ability surprise attack BUT you can weave it with 1s Wrecking blow. so smth is very wrong here with that set >.>
    Edited by Alcast on August 27, 2015 5:16PM

Options
  • Jeckll
    Jeckll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ahzek wrote: »
    @Jeckll Maybe try dizzyibg swing ? Thats the only morph I used on the PTS so far and i have a reproduction rate of 100%.

Ok, works now for me as well with W-Blow.
    Jeckll has quit the game. Thanks for the great time.
    Options
  • Xantaria
    Xantaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It needs some kind of rework ... either way it should procc after 2 CONSECUTIVE light attacks or if 2 light attacks are done in 1 time window that is always the same. It can't be that it sometimes works like this and sometimes works like that ...
    Xantaria - Lead of Chimaira
    Hardcore Progress PvE Player - Livestream - Youtube

World First Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    World First Tick-Tock Tormentor

Proud Member of the Council of Exploiters.
    Options
  • F7sus4
    F7sus4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Funnel Health light attack weaving provides 100% uptime of the Overkill bonus. Not that I mind... :smiley:
    Options
  • Soulac
    Soulac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you run cost reduction or recovery glyphs and 2x Kena it's better to drop one piece kena for an another set piece and go for three weapon or Spelldmg glyphs instead.

As example my cloak as Stamina would cost ~1k more per activation if we consider a 100% uptime of molag kena.
    One mag Reg glyph grants me ~300 mag Reg.

If I use cloak every 4 seconds it's basically 600vs1000
    Same with my Stamina abilities which I use every second and mostly even cancel in dodge which also gets an increase.

In case you want the max. Dmg you need kena tho, but bye bye ressources.

Short:
    If you don't run dmg glyphs but want to use kena - overthink your decision.
    R.I.P Dawnbreaker / Auriel´s Bow
    Member of the Arena Guild and the overpowered Banana Squad.
    Nathaerizh aka Cat - Nightblade V16 - EU

- Meow -
    Options
  • F7sus4
    F7sus4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soulac wrote: »
    If you run cost reduction or recovery glyphs and 2x Kena it's better to drop one piece kena for an another set piece and go for three weapon or Spelldmg glyphs instead.
    If. You shall want 3x Spell Damage and Molag Kena.

Options
  • Soulac
    Soulac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    F7sus4 wrote: »

As I said.. :P

As example my cloak as Stamina would cost ~1k more per activation if we consider a 100% uptime of molag kena.

Same with my Stamina abilities which I use every second and mostly even cancel in dodge which also gets an increase.

Short:

Edited by Soulac on August 28, 2015 10:24AM
    R.I.P Dawnbreaker / Auriel´s Bow
    Member of the Arena Guild and the overpowered Banana Squad.
    Nathaerizh aka Cat - Nightblade V16 - EU

- Meow -
    Options
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    F7sus4 wrote: »

As I said.. :P

Short:

Unless you have a build where resources dont matter :o

I was so happy when they announced the buff to Nerienth, and now it seems its kena or gtfo
    Edited by Alcast on August 28, 2015 10:33AM

Options