Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

Vet. DSA The Road to 11k: (NB / DK Tank PoV)

D3usEX
D3usEX
✭✭✭
• "The Road to 11k" is series of videos from Vet.DSA showing more or less how to get to 11k+ score.
• The videos include all 10 stages ( complete footage from start to the end of every stage) from Nightblade Tank perspective.
• The group setup of the party is: Nightblade/DK Tank / Templar Healer / Magica Dragonknight DPS / Stamina Templar DPS

• Complete Playlist

• Stage 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtOfw2z65fU&list=PLyqHhML8Ivr6JQgKU1Ng_iiop-YHuLGgM&index=1

• Stage 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=islj2_h7DtM&list=PLyqHhML8Ivr6JQgKU1Ng_iiop-YHuLGgM&index=2

• Stage 3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7zC0-uMPQ0&list=PLyqHhML8Ivr6JQgKU1Ng_iiop-YHuLGgM&index=3

• Stage 4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqRT56oEd2g&list=PLyqHhML8Ivr6JQgKU1Ng_iiop-YHuLGgM&index=4

• Stage 5

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecrb9zu3DPo&list=PLyqHhML8Ivr6JQgKU1Ng_iiop-YHuLGgM&index=5

• Stage 6

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIwi03THZMQ&list=PLyqHhML8Ivr6JQgKU1Ng_iiop-YHuLGgM&index=6

• Stage 7

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yesu8sP-3ZI&list=PLyqHhML8Ivr6JQgKU1Ng_iiop-YHuLGgM&index=7

• Stage 8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k59wSqtjimg&list=PLyqHhML8Ivr6JQgKU1Ng_iiop-YHuLGgM&index=8

• Stage 9

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZP_Xqi4cu6I&list=PLyqHhML8Ivr6JQgKU1Ng_iiop-YHuLGgM&index=9

• Stage 10

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ft3XRCM2UPs&list=PLyqHhML8Ivr6JQgKU1Ng_iiop-YHuLGgM&index=10

Part 1:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssMgaWfDxQs

Part 2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hI-6MGf1I3c

Edited by D3usEX on July 17, 2015 2:44AM
Guild:Hodor EP EU
NB: Enclaver DK: xDeus Victus
Sorc:Deus Victus Templar:Enclaver X

• yoco007
    yoco007
    Thank you for this! Will take a look since I'm a noob at this game :)
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    O.O very nice @D3usEX !
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]
  • sebban
    sebban
    ✭✭✭✭
    Impressive! Nice work.
    PC EU
    Dweia Ceban - StamDK
    Adara Ceban - MagBlade
    Daewa Ceban - MagSorc
    Tick-Tock Tormentor

Chimaira.eu

Friskyttarna.eu
  • Lazyness
    Lazyness
    ✭✭
    Gotta admit.. this is very impressive.

question tho; the mini-boss in stage 9 (round 4) sometimes casts a huge red AoE on the ground, making it a pain in the ass for our Stam Temp to dmg him in order to kill it before his shield is up.

Figured that's probably why you're dropping veil on this guy (for the dmg reduction). But since we don't have a NB in our group, is there anyway to prevent him from casting this?

**side note; he doesn't cast this AoE every single time from what i've noticed. it just happens once in a while.
  • D3usEX
    D3usEX
    ✭✭✭
    Lazyness wrote: »

question tho; the mini-boss in stage 9 (round 4) sometimes casts a huge red AoE on the ground, making it a pain in the ass for our Stam Temp to dmg him in order to kill it before his shield is up.

Figured that's probably why you're dropping veil on this guy (for the dmg reduction). But since we don't have a NB in our group, is there anyway to prevent him from casting this?

**side note; he doesn't cast this AoE every single time from what i've noticed. it just happens once in a while.

Actually I drop my veil for dps. About the cast you are talking about, all you gotta do is interrupt it (bash the mini boss). Every single cast from both mini bosses in stage 9 are interruptible.

• Lazyness
    Lazyness
    ✭✭
    D3usEX wrote: »
    Lazyness wrote: »

Actually I drop my veil for dps. About the cast you are talking about, all you gotta do is interrupt it (bash the mini boss). Every single cast from both mini bosses in stage 9 are interruptible.

We got it figured yesterday :)

but thanks for your reply anyway :)
  • D3usEX
    D3usEX
    ✭✭✭

• ThatNeonZebraAgain
    ThatNeonZebraAgain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the vids, definitely going to give them a watch.

It's also great to see a NB tank kickin' ass. Your build is very interesting, and as a NB who has taken a different approach to tanking (albeit one not focused on getting high DPS or scores on DSA), I have some questions. What kind of single-target and AoE DPS do you put out? How is 21.5k health (including purple tri-stat food) with 22k spell resist and 16k physical resist (and no mitigation bonuses, such as Footman's set or Absorb Magic ability) enough to survive? Do you tank Trials or other content with this setup, or just VDSA?

Gore-of-the-Forest Argonian Nightblade
    Wode Earthrender Breton Dragonknight
    Ceol the Last Baron Redguard Dragonknight
    Wayra High Elf Sorceress
    Erebain Salothran Dark Elf Templar
    Rituals-of-the-Forest Argonian Warden
  • D3usEX
    D3usEX
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the vids, definitely going to give them a watch.

It's also great to see a NB tank kickin' ass. Your build is very interesting, and as a NB who has taken a different approach to tanking (albeit one not focused on getting high DPS or scores on DSA), I have some questions. What kind of single-target and AoE DPS do you put out? How is 21.5k health (including purple tri-stat food) with 22k spell resist and 16k physical resist (and no mitigation bonuses, such as Footman's set or Absorb Magic ability) enough to survive? Do you tank Trials or other content with this setup, or just VDSA?

Hey! On your questions: About dps it really depends on the party I'm with ,the situation and what I'm fighting. But I can say it vary from 5 to 12k~ single target dps and something between 5-20k ish AoE DPS. The lack of dmg mitigation bonuses is compensated by the constant flow of resources from siphoning strikes and the spam of sap essence/funnel health provides enough heals to survive on your own. This build really makes healer's life easier. (note: using shadow skills like twisting path activates the passive that gives you 5k armor, so the overall phy.res. is at around 22k+).
    Although I've tanked successfully HRC/AA HM trials, I wouldn't recommend going there with this build unless your group is extremely skilled.

• ThatNeonZebraAgain
    ThatNeonZebraAgain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the reply. As a strong magicka build, I can see how your heals really add up. I play a stamina build in PvP, but have my enchants split between Magicka and Stamina on my tanking set.

This is the ability loadout I typically use when tanking (of course swapping in other things as necessary). For many months I ran with 5pc Footman, 4pc Unassailable, and 3pc Shalidor's Curse for a build that maximized healing received (I had ~35%). Recently, I switched to 5pc Footman, 5pc Shalidor's Curse, and 2pc Malubeth. I've tanked a few vet pledges and just did DSA with it last night (pug group) and really liked it. Malubeth seems to proc very often, and when you have a big group of adds on you, you become damn near invincible because it's going off so much (not to mention it boosts healing received by 30% while active). Then, the Shalidor's set heal is there as an 'oh ***' backup. Of course, my DPS is pretty low with this setup (2-5k), but it's also very durable. I've always loved the Storm Knight set, so now you've got me thinking of ways I can use it (I also have a full Twin Sister's set, that would be cool to integrate somehow as well for even more defensive DPS).
    Gore-of-the-Forest Argonian Nightblade
    Wode Earthrender Breton Dragonknight
    Ceol the Last Baron Redguard Dragonknight
    Wayra High Elf Sorceress
    Erebain Salothran Dark Elf Templar
    Rituals-of-the-Forest Argonian Warden
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @D3usEX , not trying to hijack your great thread, but as a crafter i have played with different armors. The build can push spell and physical resistance to hardcap with more crafted nirnhoded items and by changing armor from spell damage to physical resistance, but then it loses the aggressive style and becomes usual chew toy. I have tried these combinations:

Aggressive, DPS, less mitigation ->
    1. Valkyn2, Torug's Pact3, Storm Knight5
    2. Valkyn2, Alessias Bulwark4, Storm Knight4
    3. Spectre's Eye2, Alessias Bulwark4, Storm Knight4
    <- Passive, more mitigation. All 5+1+1.

My favourite setup is #2 because #1 is almost my DPS toon. With five nirnhoned items spellres went to 50k with buffs. I think i overdid it slightly... Three..four nirns is great and i can walk all over mages and illusionists. I even tried full heavy Spectre's+Alessias, but there it went too far. Better to put DK inside that turtle. I also get always over 5k DPS. I am a noob tank but have passed vDSA as main tank and regularly farm vCoA - i have crap Valkyns. For me this is hobby beside crafting, so no top times under my belt.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • Ajaxduo
    Ajaxduo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice video! Really liking the build may have to give it ago myself :p

Curious though, what track is that on the Stage 1 video at the beginning? Pretty neat.
    - - -
    GM of Verum Aeternus, PC EU
    - - -
  • D3usEX
    D3usEX
    ✭✭✭
    Ajaxduo wrote: »
    Nice video! Really liking the build may have to give it ago myself :p

Curious though, what track is that on the Stage 1 video at the beginning? Pretty neat.

If I remember correctly the track's name is: Kings and Creatures: As The Empire Falls

P.S. Added to the topic DK tank PoV vids.

Link 1 Link 2

• Theashbringer
    Theashbringer
    Soul Shriven
    These videos are really great! For your DK tank, how have you spent your attribute points and champion points? Could you tank trials with that build? Lastly, what staff are you using? Thanks again for posting some great videos!
  • D3usEX
    D3usEX
    ✭✭✭
    These videos are really great! For your DK tank, how have you spent your attribute points and champion points? Could you tank trials with that build? Lastly, what staff are you using? Thanks again for posting some great videos!

I honestly don't remember how my attribute points were distributed back then, as far as the champion system goes I think I had 5% on block reduction cost, 5% on heavy armor , 11% on elemental defender and same for the magic resist(don't ask me how many points exactly, I really don't remember, it was few months ago :smiley: ), The staff that I used on that video was Torug's Pact with precise on it. This build works for trials such as HRC and AA but not Sanctum Ophidia. And yet I wouldn't recommend it for trials unless you and your group is experienced enough.