Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Captain Helane (Spoilers)

• Svann
    Svann
    ✭✭✭
    Gandalf: Many that live deserve death. Some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them, Frodo? Do not be too eager to deal out death in judgment. Even the very wise cannot see all ends. My heart tells me that Gollum has some part to play yet, for good or ill before this is over.
    Edited by Svann on April 3, 2014 6:37PM
  • krapmyself
    krapmyself
    ✭✭✭
    I farted on her and giggled on my way out.

tee hee
  • ShinChuck
    ShinChuck
    ✭✭✭
    What I'm really curious about is if it'll make some actual difference later on (maybe someone by now has some insight?). Will she show up? If so, will she be brutal and evil, or perhaps softened?
    "It's morally wrong to suggest gameplay changes for an MMO."
    ...seriously, someone told me that once here. The things people will do to win their internet arguments!
  • ShinChuck
    ShinChuck
    ✭✭✭
    What I'm really curious about is if it'll make some actual difference later on (maybe someone by now has some insight?). Will she show up? If so, will she be brutal and evil, or perhaps softened?
    ...seriously, someone told me that once here. The things people will do to win their internet arguments!
  • KiroElmarok
    KiroElmarok
    ✭✭✭
    When it comes to questing, I RP my Orsimer.

Her death saved countless others.
    Daggerfall Covenant - Dunmer - Dragon Knight

• RalpGalland
    She was not an Imperial. Lesser beings of the evil sort, do not deserve my mercy.
    Oddly, my Nord chose the same... I'm starting to like that loofy giant, and as a Imperial, liking the common peasants, it feels weird.
  • natronosaurus
    natronosaurus
    Soul Shriven
    I'm fairly sure that the people of Cyrodiil aren't masters of all. In fact, I'd wager most Imperials are peasents; the thing about kings is, they don't like to share their power.

I chose mercy also. I'm happy to see that digital mercy hasn't been abandoned by gamers.
  • Myrdreth
    Myrdreth
    ✭✭✭
    I chose to save her. I gave her the antidote. But when Lerisa says afterwards "I hope the next crew she shipwrecks and murders appreciates your soft heart" I was so devastated...I still would choose the same path. But I still hope I did the right thing. I like to imagine that she recovered and then - BAAAM! Someone else got his/her revenge on her or capture her. It has nothing to do with me then.
    ~ ♥ ~
  • ShinChuck
    ShinChuck
    ✭✭✭
    I needed a throwaway alt for banking purposes...

CaptainHelane2.png

CaptainHelane.png

What do you think? She seemed to be mostly "defaults", except for her hair. Any insight on the boots and gauntlets?
  • HellRaisingHotDog
    HellRaisingHotDog
    Soul Shriven
    She looks like Sansa Stark from GoT :wink:
    sophie-turner-as-sansa-stark-in-game-of-thrones-ftr1.jpg?w=600&h=337&crop=1
  • AdamskiAlders
    AdamskiAlders
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not an evil man so I left the antidote on the shelf and walked out. Probably the best choice to make out of the two and I have no regrets.
  • Ozman79
    Ozman79
    Soul Shriven
    I let her live out of self interest. It may turn out she has value down the road.

That was exactly my reasoning too.

• ShinChuck
    ShinChuck
    ✭✭✭
    It's possible I occasionally station my Helane alt there and chastise people for letting her die a painful death.

It's also possible I'm bored sometimes.
    Edited by ShinChuck on June 14, 2015 2:56AM
  • Dante_Ravenkin
    I saved her life. My reasoning was, at one point you find out that Bhosek is afraid of her. And since Bhosek is grand poobah of asshattery in Stros M'kai, I figured it would be best if he didn't run unchecked. Sure, she may pillage and plunder and attack other innocent people. but pirates gonna pirate.
    'This throne is arguably the most uncomfortable piece of furniture in the Kingdom. And I get to use it.'
  • ShinChuck
    ShinChuck
    ✭✭✭
    I saved her life. My reasoning was, at one point you find out that Bhosek is afraid of her. And since Bhosek is grand poobah of asshattery in Stros M'kai, I figured it would be best if he didn't run unchecked. Sure, she may pillage and plunder and attack other innocent people. but pirates gonna pirate.

That's a good point. Bhosek is clearly after her, and he's not a nice guy himself.

Even though the choice seems to amount to nothing (beyond guilt, one way or the other), Zenimax did add some little bits here and there that thicken the plot.

Still a little weird you can't just off her and spare her the painful death.