Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PlayStation™ Network is currently experiencing a service interruption. Please check here for status updates: https://status.playstation.com/en-us/

Questions about 'Veteran' leveling

Benie
Benie
✭✭✭
So I was talking to my guildies, asking them questions about what it's like to be a Veteran. Here, I thought it would be similar to Terraria's Hardmode, where enemies are 3x harder to kill (hence the "Veteran" rank). Thankfully from what I'm told, that's not the case. Heard all enemies would be 'scaled down'.. or up. I dunno. But what I heard it'll be the same difficulty as regular leveling. The only difference, and this is to be expected, is it'll take longer to do so.

But my question is, I heard that you can quest anywhere. Even in the opposing faction's zones. Yet... how is this going to work? Like, will it be similar to Guild Wars 2, where when I'm done with one starting zone(the 1-15 ones), I can go over to the other opposing faction's starting zone and also level there? Or must I choose between one or the other?

Also, I have heard about this future Champion Points system to replace the Veteran rank. I'm curious, if this would be similar to the way Guild Wars 2's future DLC would do it (instead of traditional leveling, you get XP to boost your char)?
--Char info updated as of March 23rd, 2016 - PC NA--
Benie - VR1 Argonian Stam DragonKnight (2H Sword/Bow/WW)
Beniee - VR3 Nord Mag Sorcerer (Destruction Staff)

Well-known hotbar button spammer
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    There are 14 vet levels. They're like regular levels, except each takes a million XP (850k after next patch), which roughly corresponds to one zone. After finishing the main story, you will be sent to the next alliance (Cadwell's Silver), after finishing it you'll unlock the third (Gold). To move on, you only need to do the main faction storyline, not side quests. You move counter-clockwise: for an EP character Silver is DC, Gold AD. You can freely move between all unlocked areas, so you can go back to your own zones anytime you want. The quests in vet zones are identical to their low level versions, which can be highly immersion-breaking sometimes.

Craglorn also unlocks at v1, but it's v11-14 content, so there isn't much you can do right at the start. Overworld content doesn't scale anywhere. Only dungeons scale to the group leader. There is also battle leveling in Cyrodiil, when your low level character is scaled up to be on a more equal footing.

The Champion System is already in the game, it opens up when you reach v1. It consists of 9 constellations of actives and passives with a cap of 3600 points, intended for longterm progression. It is ultimately meant to replace vet ranks, but it's still quite a long way off. You earn one CP every 400k XP (100k when enlightened. Daily enlightenment can be accumulated for 12 days, I think, but I could be terribly wrong).
  •  SeranaScarlet
    SeranaScarlet
    Soul Shriven
    After you finish with your starting zone you continue with your faction and then when you finish the story depending on what your faction was will tell you what faction you will experience next. Aldmeri Dominion experience Ebonheart Pact.
    Pact --> Covenant --> Dominion. You experience all the factions every veteran rank has a zone so for example Stonefalls is a veteran rank 1 area and Deshaan is veteran rank 2 area.

Champion points are already in place where you earn xp towards a certain skill line (warrior, mage, thief) and spend the points in to 3 other sub skill lines (Mage --> Ritual skill line)