The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Rapid Maneuver sometimes just doesn't want to fire

stevenbennett_ESO
stevenbennett_ESO
✭✭✭
In recent months I've started using Rapid Maneuver for running around towns doing daily writs and the like, and I'd noticed that sometimes it just doesn't want to fire when you try to use it. It simply doesn't do anything at all when you use it - no stamina drop (I usually have max stamina when I try this…), no extra speed -- it's as if you didn't try it at all. I'd chalked this up to some lag issues I was having with my network in my Florida home with my gaming PC, but recently traveled north for a month and a half and during this time I'm using a MacBook Pro laptop on a completely different network with no lag issues… and it's still happening.

It doesn't happen with all my characters. It seems to happen a lot on my level 42 Nord Deathknight, but I've seen it happen occasionally my other characters as well. If it's relevant, the Deathknight has Dual Wield (sword/sword) as one weapon, Restoration Staff as the other, and Rapid Manuever is on the same bar as the Restoration Staff.

It happens most frequently when mounted, but can happen, less frequently, when not mounted as well. It can happen when mounted and you're not moving at all, or when you're moving (but not galloping - it never works while galloping which makes sense - like with sprint, when galloping, you shouldn't be able to use skills…). It often happens right after mounting before you even start moving.

Sometimes when it happens, you can press the key again 3 or 4 times, and it will fire. Other times I can spam that key dozens of times and nothing will happen.

When it happens while NOT mounted, I can usually switch weapons twice and then trigger it successfully - but not always. (Works roughly 80% of the time)

When it happens while mounted, I can often dismount, trigger it successfully, and then mount and continue - but not always. (Works roughly 50% of the time) Dismouting, switching weapons twice, then trying to trigger it is more reliable - but not always.

Also when it happens while mounted, I can start galloping, then release the shift key and slow down, and try it, and it will sometimes work - maybe 30% of the the time.

It *only* seems to be the Rapid Maneuver skill which is doing this. Since it's happening on both Mac and PC, I felt I ought to report it here. Anyone else seeing this kind of thing?
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you're mounted and it doesn't fire, hit the sprint button for a second and then try casting it again.

That usually works ...
    :smile:

PS: Looks like you already figured that out. Doh ...
    Edited by SirAndy on August 23, 2015 7:22PM